Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Halltech Stage 2 is alive! Best mod worth the money! As_ dyno says more HP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Slim Shady
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halltech Stage 2 is alive! Best mod worth the money! As_ dyno says more HP!

Jim,

Thank you for the great product and your time to help us all get what we are looking for from the Z06!

If any of you are thinking about the Stage 2 mod! STOP THINKING!!!!

JUST DO IT! I love it!

Jim is it me or does my car exhaust at idle sound deeper? I have the stock exhaust fuse pulled all the time and at idle it sounds much deeper and better.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:45 AM
EVOMIND
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slim Shady
Jim,

Thank you for the great product and your time to help us all get what we are looking for from the Z06!

JUST DO IT! I love it!

Jim is it me or does my car exhaust at idle sound deeper? I have the stock exhaust fuse pulled all the time and at idle it sounds much deeper and better.
can u add just a little more insight?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Slim Shady
Jim,

JUST DO IT! I love it!

I'm jealous! You actually have the second Halltech CNC Ported TB on a Z06. The first was sent to one of Katech's recommended chassis dyno shops in Clinton Township, (Vector Motorsports), and was supposed to be tested by Katech after the dyno. Guess what?

The customer would not let them take it off, and offered to pay for it. This is normally not our policy during testing, but we bit the bullet and let him have it.

You actually have a better, more aggressive port job than the original. We were very careful not to go to big, which ends up causing 1516 codes (Limp Mode) which is a bear to get back home.

The bottom line is that you have our second generation CNC porting, which will go to everyone who has ordered. We have two more initial orders going out Monday, and 11 more being ported next week already sold.

Our next batch will not be done until the first part of February, so those wanting to upgrade Stage 1 to Stage 2, must order and get in line. Porting is not something you can just do with one throttle body. My shop wants a minimum of 10 at a time to make the setup time worthwhile for the cost they are quoting us.

I have not had a chance to fully test this mod with the Tech 2 and WideBand 02 sensors we have onboard, so it will be interesting to see how this affects the overall tuning. So far, it looks like this mod requires NO TUNING

Jim Hall

Old 01-21-2007, 01:31 PM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 376 Likes on 301 Posts

Default Ported Throttle Boddy

How much HP does it add jsut itself since a tune is not required?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by double06
How much HP does it add jsut itself since a tune is not required?
4 RWHP-8.8 ft. lbs torque

Last edited by Halltech; 01-21-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:53 PM
vegasdude
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Hall

That looks sweet!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:23 PM
Brian GT PRO
Advanced

Location: Works at GT PRO Performance Tuning Modifying C5/6 Z06's in Fullerton CA, WWW.SOCALCORVETTE.COM

We need to get back on the dyno!! Jim and I are REAL curious what it did to your car HP wise, I am really curious as to what it did to your HP/TQ curve, it sounds like you got a good bump in mid range it my guess from your driving impression, but only the graph will tell us what's going on.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Icebourg
Pro

I want one!! Jim you will be hearing from me!!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:13 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Jim,

Are you also going to mess with the "intake manifold"?
You know me, I am all about more AIR!

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 01-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Zred06
Burning Brakes

After graphing the torque data from the dyno output, it appears that there is a big separation at the 4900 rpm point which is where the claim for 8.8 lb-ft of torque increase is made, it is strange that the difference at 100 rpms higher and lower (i.e. 4800 & 5000 rpm) is only 4.5 and 3.5 lb-ft respectively. It appears that 4900 rpm is an anomoly. A claim of 8.8 lb-ft of torque is nearly double that observed immediately above and below 4900 rpm. Do you get a boost of torque for that split second or can we conclude that the difference is more like 4 instead of 8.8 lb-ft of torque? I would be curious what the margin of error is from one dyno run to the next, if it were 1%, then I would have to ask is there any increase at all? Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't seem like 4 hp and 4 lb-ft of torque is a significant increase and hardly measurable in terms of SOTP. The Halltech tune is clearly a winner and offers a measurable jump from what I have seen but I just don't see what all the hype is all about with the PTB.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Pat07c6z
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it really worth the trouble for 4 hp? I guess if it costs less than $300 and you did it along with a bunch of other mods this might be more beneficial.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Pat07c6z
Is it really worth the trouble for 4 hp? I guess if it costs less than $300 and you did it along with a bunch of other mods this might be more beneficial.
This is one of three mods that we sell. The combo of the three bring a decent amount of power to the rear wheels for the money.

The LS7 is such a refined machine, squeezing an additional 8 from our F1 Filter and 4 from the beta version of our throttle body, make 12, and Slim Shady had 475.5 RWHP with just our tuning last week. The 2 Stage Filter brings a couple more over stock, but is not the one for bragging rights on the dyno or the track.

There are a lot of folks that have a hard time controlling the stock power on the Z06, and our Stage 2 is not for the faint at heart.

Jim
Old 01-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Jim,

Are you also going to mess with the "intake manifold"?
You know me, I am all about more AIR!

Thanks,
Carlos
I doubt it.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:43 PM
speedwaylemans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Stage II sounds like a winner. Would hate to go into the Limp home mode, though. Got to wait a little longer, but will be getting in line after Feb.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Bumpstick
Instructor

Originally Posted by vegasdude
That looks sweet!
Old 01-24-2007, 04:43 AM
C6Rluvur
Burning Brakes

This is one of three mods that we sell. The combo of the three bring a decent amount of power to the rear wheels for the money.

The LS7 is such a refined machine, squeezing an additional 8 from our F1 Filter and 4 from the beta version of our throttle body, make 12, and Slim Shady had 475.5 RWHP with just our tuning last week. The 2 Stage Filter brings a couple more over stock, but is not the one for bragging rights on the dyno or the track.

There are a lot of folks that have a hard time controlling the stock power on the Z06, and our Stage 2 is not for the faint at heart.

Jim
I know this is probably a stupid question, but will these two Stage 2 mods throttle body, foam filter work on a regular 2005 C6 LS2 6.0liter??thanks for your time
Old 01-24-2007, 09:01 AM
jwaked
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep us posted Jim, awsome job you guys are doing.

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech Stage 2 is alive! Best mod worth the money! As_ dyno says more HP!