C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Adapter for 2006 w/nav?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:42 PM
BATMAN06
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bluetooth Adapter for 2006 w/nav?????

I am looking for a decent Bluetooth adapter for the factory Navigation Headunit. Any suggestions besides changing the headunit out would be great...preferably one that goes behind the dash!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by pazzovette
I am looking for a decent Bluetooth adapter for the factory Navigation Headunit. Any suggestions besides changing the headunit out would be great...preferably one that goes behind the dash!
Check out the C6 FAQ in the Audio/Electronics section. There's a link to a Parrot Bluetooh install. It ain't for the faint of heart, but if you've done stereo installs it's not bad.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:31 AM
BC Bob
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
Check out the C6 FAQ in the Audio/Electronics section. There's a link to a Parrot Bluetooh install. It ain't for the faint of heart, but if you've done stereo installs it's not bad.
I have the Parrot sitting on my work bench waiting for their newly introduced connector that is specific to the Corvette. Downloaded the directions and it is pretty much plug and play. No wire splicing. Plan on installling this weekend. Will let you know how it turns out.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:27 PM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by BC Bob
I have the Parrot sitting on my work bench waiting for their newly introduced connector that is specific to the Corvette. Downloaded the directions and it is pretty much plug and play. No wire splicing. Plan on installling this weekend. Will let you know how it turns out.
Can we see the link to the downloadable instructions?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:51 PM
BC Bob
Racer

Originally Posted by SteveL2
Can we see the link to the downloadable instructions?
Couldn't find the link, but below is what I downloaded:

CORVETTE AMPLIFIED ADAPTER FOR PARROT 3000 and 3100

1) The QCHBB is supplied with two cables. Plug these into the black box - making sure you hear a click.

2) Your Parrot kit comes with a yellow mute wire which MUST BE CONNECTED. Parrot provides 3 possible receptacles for this lead marked as Mute IN 1, Mute IN 2 and Mute IN 3. Plug the Parrot yellow mute wire with the bullet connector into the receptacle labeled “Mute In 2” ONLY. Push the bullet in firmly. The “Mute In 1” and “Mute in 3” receptacles will not be used. You will also not be using the thin line out wires provided on the 3100 and 3200 Parrot models. Simply bundle up these wires and protect them from shorts or damage.

3) Installing the QCHBB-COR requires unplugging a connector from the back of your radio. This will cause a loss of your radio presets. Please write down all your presets before beginning installation so that you can reprogram them after installation.

4) Insert the two ISO connectors (actually one big connector that has two connectors joined) from the QCHBB-COR into two matching ISO connectors on the Parrot harness. You will notice that these two connectors can only be inserted into their proper receptacles due to their side insertion key mechanism. Two other ISO connectors from the Parrot kit go UNCONNECTED.

5) Unplug the large connector from the back of the radio. Plug our matching connector in its place. Now plug the connector you removed from the radio into our mating connector. Essentially you are just daisy chaining our harness in-line. Don’t flex the wires on the large gray connectors too much since a pin can pop out if stressed on these connectors.

6) You must connect the red wire to a source of 12V Switched Ignition Voltage. Some users have obtained an “Add a Tap” fuse at stores such as Pep Boys or Autozone which allows the safe tapping of an existing fuse. Choose a fuse that controls a device that is only on when the car is started such as the heated seat fuse. You will know that you chose a correct source if the Power LED on the QCHBB only comes on when the car is started.

7) Use a small screwdriver to adjust the Parrot levels on the side of the QCHBB-COR. Ideally, you should adjust this Cell Audio level for both Left and Right channels so that you have maximum range when adjusting the volume with the Parrot ****. Remember, in order to set the level in the Parrot menus, you push the black **** “in” to retain the settings.

Need help? Call 1-888-8-CARKIT or e-mail us at info@quickconnectproducts.com
Old 01-18-2007, 01:19 PM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-18-2007, 02:51 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by BC Bob
Thanks, it is EXCELLENT they have a plug & play kit for that now!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:02 PM
BC Bob
Racer

I'll let you know how the install goes. I'm better with a wrench in my hand than the back of a radio with all the plugs. I'm already confounded by the "add-a-circuit" thingy.
Electronics are not my specialty.

Get notified of new replies

To Bluetooth Adapter for 2006 w/nav?????

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Adapter for 2006 w/nav?????