shipper jacked me, dont use!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Merlinhaggard
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shipper jacked me, dont use!!!!

American Pride Auto Ride

Welp I guess I learned a lesson here. I dont know what the lesson is but...

I called these guys to ship my 68. They said they would have it picked up within 7 days. Took my deposit. Now its 7 days later. They say we try to have it picked within 7 days. What they do is under cut everybodys price, knowing they wont get it shipped. Keep your deposit. Ive filed with the BBB., Pay pal (how I paid them), and would like to do what I can to make their lives difficult. If anyone knows how I can cause trouble for them please let me know.

American Pride Auto Ride

www.americanprideautoride.com

The lady there actually told me they get "some" of the cars shipped.. Their in Union Station Pn.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:02 PM
gq82
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Don't know but under their Terms and Conditions they state;

"10. DELIVERY: Due to conditions beyond our control such as traffic delays, weather conditions, etc., it is impossible for the auto transport industry to positively guarantee a delivery date. Therefore, Shipper accepts the condition that service is subject to delay."

The lesson learned should be ask here for reliable shippers b4 placing an order.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:49 PM
0Corvette Engineering
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lesson learned...

Need a statement that if it's not picked up within x days deposit is refunded...
Old 01-08-2007, 03:53 PM
wfo76
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem with most of these "shippers" is that they are nothing more than a broker. They take all these jobs and post them on a board and the owner-operator drivers pick and choose which ones they want. If they price the job too cheap or you are in some out of the way location, your car will sit. DAS left me hanging for 3 weeks until I finally cancelled and went and got it myself. They did refund my money 100% so no complaints there. I would avoid the brokers and try to find a company no matter how small, that has their own equipment and drivers and let them do it even if it is a few bucks more. If there ever is an accident or some kind of claim, will also be easier to deal with just one person; most brokers will tell you that you will need to deal with the actual company or driver that picked up your car and not them for physical damages.

Last edited by wfo76; 01-08-2007 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-08-2007, 05:15 PM
moosie982
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wfo76
The problem with most of these "shippers" is that they are nothing more than a broker. They take all these jobs and post them on a board and the owner-operator drivers pick and choose which ones they want. If they price the job too cheap or you are in some out of the way location, your car will sit. DAS left me hanging left me hanging for 3 weeks until I finally cancelled and went and got it myself. They did refund my money 100% so no complaints there. I would avoid the brokers and try to find a company not matter how small, that has their own equipment and drivers and let them do it even if it is a few bucks more. If there ever is an accident or some kind of claim, will also be easier to deal with just one person; most brokers will tell you that you will need to deal with the actual company or driver that picked up your car and not them for physical damages.
100% although I didnt use DAS, it was a different company. Who's name I cant remember nor want to. Peace,,,Moosie
Old 01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

I ask for help on this forum before I layed a deposit with anyone!!
I got great help with forum members within the hour!!

Always ask for help here

I paid a deposit of 195.00 and its been 5 days
and my car is not even picked up yet

Spokane washington to Houston,, door to door shipping $995.00
Old 01-08-2007, 06:51 PM
rcread
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts

http://www.transportreviews.com/comp...e-autoride.asp

Looks like 2 out of 3 people have problems with them.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:59 PM
68RATVT
Pro

I used Hilton Auto transport, they were outstanding.....More phone calls than I needed keeping me informed on progress..
Old 01-08-2007, 07:01 PM
rihwoods
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

More from their "Terms & Conditions"..

11. CANCELLATION: In the unlikely event American Pride Autoride is unable to arrange shipment of your vehicle with 10 days after your first available date, a timely refund will be issued back to the shipper in full. Please note: Our Refund Policy supersedes all others, most companies retain a portion of the initial deposit"

Shipper= You...

Rich
Old 01-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Red70vette
Burning Brakes

Sometimes the cheapest is not the best way to go.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:45 PM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 468 Likes on 276 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Merlinhaggard
American Pride Auto Ride

Welp I guess I learned a lesson here. I dont know what the lesson is but...

I called these guys to ship my 68. They said they would have it picked up within 7 days. Took my deposit. Now its 7 days later. They say we try to have it picked within 7 days. What they do is under cut everybodys price, knowing they wont get it shipped. Keep your deposit. Ive filed with the BBB., Pay pal (how I paid them), and would like to do what I can to make their lives difficult. If anyone knows how I can cause trouble for them please let me know.

American Pride Auto Ride

www.americanprideautoride.com

The lady there actually told me they get "some" of the cars shipped.. Their in Union Station Pn.
???? PA ???
Old 01-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Merlinhaggard
Pro

Originally Posted by 427SIXPACK
???? PA ???

Yes PA, your such a stickler. I lived in Baltimore for 6 yrs too. Seem like I would know PA...

I filed a complaint with the BBB and Pay Pal. The owner called me today and said he would return my PayPal tomorrow. Unfortunatly with dishonnest co's I guess you have to read their whole website before you do anything.
I know it say's after 10 days you get a refund but a lady that wks there said they can keep rescheduling as long as they want. ???? I asked here where on the website it said I woldnt get my $ back. She said she didnt know???.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:08 PM
MEGALADON
Safety Car

Yes PA, your such a stickler. I lived in Baltimore for 6 yrs too. Seem like I would know PA...

I filed a complaint with the BBB and Pay Pal. The owner called me today and said he would return my PayPal tomorrow. Unfortunatly with dishonnest co's I guess you have to read their whole website before you do anything.
I know it say's after 10 days you get a refund but a lady that wks there said they can keep rescheduling as long as they want. ???? I asked here where on the website it said I woldnt get my $ back. She said she didnt know???.
That really sucks man!! I am starting to make myself panic over
my situation

I was told I would get a refund if they could not find a carrier!! But I really want the car..
Old 01-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Michel B
Burning Brakes

Location: Ville de la Baie Quebec. A winner is just a loser who tried again.
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I just thought of something; you say you payed with paypal,, so in fact you payed with a credit card. Card companies will refund you for paying and not recieving something in return. This I found out two years ago when I payed for an airplane ticket through the net and the company when bankrupt,, I had two tickets refunded by the credit card company because I did not receive services payed for.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:13 PM
mbeeman350
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06-'07-'09

Why not cut out the broker and go right to the independant small shipping teams. That's what I did last year to get my car shipped. I used Uship.com. You post what you want to ship, when and where and the shippers respond and make a bid to you.
You can accept, reject or counter. Uship charges a small fee for the SHIPPER. Each shipper has feedback and that you can read and act accordingly.
Last January I was trying to get a car transported and all the big shippers were in Phoenix for the Barret Jackson Auction. All the equipment was tied up. So I posted on a Sunday and had my car on Thursday!!!
It wasn't a bid fancy semi, but a a guy from NY with a dually pickup and a car hauler. Had My car and a coupe of Harleys. The Harleys were delivered to Orlando so the owners could come down in early March for Bike week in Daytona...
Just my 2 cents...it worked for me best of luckMark
Old 01-08-2007, 11:09 PM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm a stickler...........for what ? what are you talking about ? it said Union Square PN ??? had no idea where you were talking about, wanted to clarify that it was PA & that you made a mistake. If it was a mistake & you meant PA I was going to offer you help as i am planning on being in PHILLY this weekend......& maybe it was close by !!

Now your on your own WIZE AZZ

Last edited by 427SIXPACK; 01-08-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Merlinhaggard
Pro

Originally Posted by 427SIXPACK
I'm a stickler...........for what ? what are you talking about ? it said Union Square PN ??? had no idea where you were talking about, wanted to clarify that it was PA & that you made a mistake. If it was a mistake & you meant PA I was going to offer you help as i am planning on being in PHILLY this weekend......& maybe it was close by !!

Now your on your own WIZE AZZ
I was kidding with you jack azz. You have something smart to say everytime you post something. Leave me on my own. Oh I guess you get tough now and say something to hurt my feelings... Come on... Where is it???. Im waiting....

Get notified of new replies

To shipper jacked me, dont use!!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 09:36 AM
jdp6000
Melting Slicks

I used Oakwood. They didn't ask for a dime until the car was delivered.

http://www.oakwoodtransport.com/default.htm

Jim
Old 01-09-2007, 11:01 AM
schmegeggie
Melting Slicks

Default Enclosed Vehicle Transport = DONE!

I used EVT, great to work with and FAST!!! Not cheap though, but I've got the car and the worries are over! If you're like me, I lost a lot of sleep for 2 nights.
These guys are not brokers, they're owners! Check out thier website www.enclosedvehicletransport.com , I'd read all the reviews too and di a lot of research, GLAD I CHOSE THESE GUYS!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:23 AM
427SIXPACK
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I was kidding with you jack azz. You have something smart to say everytime you post something. Leave me on my own. Oh I guess you get tough now and say something to hurt my feelings... Come on... Where is it???. Im waiting....
Waiting for ???? i was only trying to help you !!!

Quick Reply: shipper jacked me, dont use!!!!