Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 557 RWHP and going up, New Stage 2 Head and Cam package coming out!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 11:37 AM
bpproducts
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 557 RWHP and going up, New Stage 2 Head and Cam package coming out!!

Customer loves it!! 557 RWHP one our head and cam package with Vortex Ram Induction and headers through the stock mufflers. We took her out for a spin and found 1st, 2nd and part of 3rd hard to handle. Case of too much power but who ever said too much was not good for you. By the way just before the head and cam install we dynoed him at 504 RWHP.

Had to have the customer sign a waiver to keep it under 3/4 throttle..lol

Ernie
www.BreathlessPerformance.com

NEW NEW!!!

In the process of doing our stage 2 version of heads and cam for Z06. Test car should be done in the next 2 weeks.

Ernie
954-925-7725
Old 12-01-2006, 09:04 PM
m3corvette
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bpproducts
Customer loves it!! 557 RWHP one our head and cam package with Vortex Ram Induction and headers through the stock mufflers. We took her out for a spin and found 1st, 2nd and part of 3rd hard to handle. Case of too much power but who ever said too much was not good for you. By the way just before the head and cam install we dynoed him at 504 RWHP.

Had to have the customer sign a waiver to keep it under 3/4 throttle..lol

Ernie

NEW NEW!!!

In the process of doing our stage 2 version of heads and cam for Z06. Test car should be done in the next 2 weeks.

Ernie
954-925-7725
Great #'s Ernie.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:20 PM
vettemaster1
Drifting

what a total waste...if you cant put it down what good is it?...seen too many high horse cars that were nothing but dangerous to drive....few have the ability to handle that much power....total waste!!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:29 PM
KNanthrup
Instructor

Originally Posted by vettemaster1
what a total waste...if you cant put it down what good is it?...seen too many high horse cars that were nothing but dangerous to drive....few have the ability to handle that much power....total waste!!
needs some good tires...
Old 12-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Live2Redline
Burning Brakes

You can never have too much power, if you think its to much, then your right, its to much for YOU. Hes talking about spining the STOCK tires, from a dead stop, 1st, 2nd part of third.

When your driving at 65mph, and wanna play with someone, mash the throtle, you want all the power you can get. Or I like racing on road courses, 600+ hp is just right with four slicks, like the C6-R.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:02 PM
RFC2
Burning Brakes

Disagree. May 1st and some of 2nd but that 3rd pull from 70 would be outstanding. Stickier tires and you could use even more.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:12 PM
AP
Team Owner

Old 12-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Meegle
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

"what a total waste"
Only a waste if driver never utilizes the power.

"if you cant put it down what good is it?"

Just because you have the power doesn't mean having to validate it's potential constantly...there's always the right time and place

"seen too many high horse cars that were nothing but dangerous to drive....few have the ability to handle that much power....total waste!!"

While true that any high horsepower vehicle is indeed dangerous in the wrong hands...experienced drivers who "respect" the available power would beg to differ that it is a "total waste"
Old 12-02-2006, 10:50 AM
LPE385
Melting Slicks

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts

What was your intention of posting in this thread? If someone wants as you put it TOO MUCH, which there is never TOO MUCH, then so be it. Many are correct its the 70mph roll on thats fun. When you get the same sensation at 70mph and 100mph that stock cars give you at 30mph then you will know what the big deal is. I've got friends that have TT Vipers that lay down 900rwhp+ and they can put it down. Its all about control and not about never lifting off the gas as soon as you put it down. Thats the fun is control the beast. You can also go to driving school to get better knowlegde on the feel of the limits of your car.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Meegle
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LPE385
What was your intention of posting in this thread? If someone wants as you put it TOO MUCH, which there is never TOO MUCH, then so be it.
You can also go to driving school to get better knowlegde on the feel of the limits of your car.

Being brutally honest about how you feel?
I on the other hand was just being polite
Old 12-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Yano
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I agree this is way too much power for you, I think the new Smart EV with 45HP is right up your alley
Old 12-02-2006, 02:40 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The baseline 504 rwhp sounds waaay high, any mods on there prior to h/c?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:35 AM
NYC FRANK
Heel & Toe

I'm thinking about putting a V6 in my Z28 cause it's getting too fast!
Old 12-03-2006, 04:04 PM
playadam
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Meegle
"what a total waste"
Only a waste if driver never utilizes the power.

"if you cant put it down what good is it?"

Just because you have the power doesn't mean having to validate it's potential constantly...there's always the right time and place

"seen too many high horse cars that were nothing but dangerous to drive....few have the ability to handle that much power....total waste!!"

While true that any high horsepower vehicle is indeed dangerous in the wrong hands...experienced drivers who "respect" the available power would beg to differ that it is a "total waste"

LOL...if the 06 z dont put it to the ground then NO car does. I have kills on street races of my 517rwhp car against an over 700 rwhp camaro.....figure that....
Go drive one...much less ride in a z06 and u will change ur mind...
Old 12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
vettemaster1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Yano
I agree this is way too much power for you, I think the new Smart EV with 45HP is right up your alley
well to tell ya the truth i just put a 48 horse rotary engine on a superkart i built...so guess it is right up my alley...

Old 12-06-2006, 02:27 AM
JKennedy1612
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NYC FRANK
I'm thinking about putting a V6 in my Z28 cause it's getting too fast!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:38 AM
levrac68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LPE385
What was your intention of posting in this thread? If someone wants as you put it TOO MUCH, which there is never TOO MUCH, then so be it. Many are correct its the 70mph roll on thats fun. When you get the same sensation at 70mph and 100mph that stock cars give you at 30mph then you will know what the big deal is. I've got friends that have TT Vipers that lay down 900rwhp+ and they can put it down. Its all about control and not about never lifting off the gas as soon as you put it down. Thats the fun is control the beast. You can also go to driving school to get better knowlegde on the feel of the limits of your car.
I guess his intention was to state his opinion, as was yours. It's sad to see everyone jump on someone as soon as they state their honest opinion. What would you like, everyone to agree with every post all the time? There's enough censorship in this world already.
JMHO
Old 12-06-2006, 10:36 AM
EVOMIND
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think its ok to have a little fun at someones expense WITHOUT becoming personally insulting...
come on guys....

that cam and heads package sounds great....
streetablility?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:58 AM
FUBUZ06AMG
FUBUZ06AMG
Support Corvetteforum!

Way to Go Ernie!

I've been using BPP Products in my Vettes for several years now!

From the Vortex Cold Air Induction System to their BPP Step Headers. All gave me VERIFIED and SIGNIFICANT increases in Horsepower and Torque. He has 1 of the most stable Corvette Tuner and Fabrication businesses in the industry. He is constantly researching and developing new products for our cars.

Ernie has been tuning Vettes for well over a decade now. In fact I believe that's how he 1st started in this business. If you are lucky enough to live in this area , I suggest you look up BPP to have your Vette tuned by Ernie.

As many of you know , Ernie brings his staff along with his State of the Art Rig. They attend NCM and other events around the country. This gives Customers out of the area, the ability to have their cars tuned, look, touch and purchase BPP's many offerings.

BPP's customer service , IMHO, is by far the best in the industry.

It's not unusual that Ernie himself answers phone calls in the evenings and on weekends, he cares that much!

Les

Last edited by FUBUZ06AMG; 12-06-2006 at 11:12 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 557 RWHP and going up, New Stage 2 Head and Cam package coming out!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] 557 RWHP and going up, New Stage 2 Head and Cam package coming out!!