Canadian Events Canada, eh?

More Pic's and Vid's from the Fall Cruise...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:59 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default More Pic's and Vid's from the Fall Colours Cruise... Exotics

Had a great time today at the Car Show (400 and 7 - AMC) ... and after chatting with the boy's, felt I should post a few more pics and vids from Saturday's Cruise ...

So Here We Go! ...

Here is a nice moded-out NSX - has a beautiful engine bay and body kit ...

Peekaboo ... We See You!

Gulf-40 and Porche ... Ready to head back to Orillia.

Safety First! ... Getting the child seat installed in the Lambo.

Lucas riding Shot-Gun in the other GT-40.

*** Additional Video's ***

Here we have a couple of boys in their Mercedes having some fun ... turning their tires into goo ... look to the right of the video at the end, and check out all the rubber they laid down.

In this Vid ... we were just getting ready to head back to Orillia, and I missed my launch ... clutch pedal stuck to the floor for some reason!

Here we are, shortly after the launch ... chassing down the GT 40... Oh, and we catch a Beaver's dam on video!

One of the Video Cars is filming the GT 40 ,and my C6, as we weave through the country side, through these beautiful coloured trees!

Shortly after passing the Video Car ... I executed a perfect power slide, which I 100%... ment to do! Myra, was not really prepared for it ... but I think she liked it! Listen to her comment in this video! What a trooper!

Here are a few cars turning onto Hwy 11 ... and heading south to Orillia ... Awsome Sound Here!

One of the video cars passes by, and my C6 and one of the GT 40's pulls out for some vid time ... GT 40 shows some nice acceleration!

Some Chase Video Action ... Come On Boy's! Can't You Keep Up With The Vette??!!??

Last One! ... Here is Some Nice Passing Action by the C6 ... :o

Last edited by CDN_Wolf_eh; 10-09-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Big_ Red
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Footage Mark,
I see you were following the blk gt40...did you have a chance to meet and talk with him (Clax)? He came to a meet with is other half...he was driving the GT40, she is a very attractive blonde, and arrived with him with his matching Gallardo. Was very fuuny, she knows how do drive an exotic better than most men....
Thanks for sharing !
Old 10-09-2006, 10:08 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Big_ Red
Good Footage Mark,
I see you were following the blk gt40...did you have a chance to meet and talk with him (Clax)? He came to a meet with is other half...he was driving the GT40, she is a very attractive blonde, and arrived with him with his matching Gallardo. Was very fuuny, she knows how do drive an exotic better than most men....
Thanks for sharing !
I think at the "Make A Wish Foundation" Charity Event ... every set of eye's were on the GT-40 / Gllardo combination ... and when she exited the car ... everyone lost interest in the cars, well at least for a little while!

I talked briefly with Clax, but not with his better half ... maybe next time!

I think for the next cruise, we should all be wearing "HI MY NAME IS..." stickers, with both our Forum and Real Names .... would really help!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:11 PM
MOSPORT1
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Mark: Great shots,, you are luck to have been invited,, I would have KILLED to go,,,
looks like an awesome time..
I'm so jealous!!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:22 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by psod
Hey Mark: Great shots,, you are luck to have been invited,, I would have KILLED to go,,,
looks like an awesome time..
I'm so jealous!!
Good thing you weren't around when I found out I was going!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:58 PM
Titanboy_24
Instructor

Thanks for the pictures and videos mark! It was amazing riding shotgun in the GT, that thing is a beast! Clax's girlfriend was out of town so I got lucky and got a ride with him for the day.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:26 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Damn you Mark, me be jealous too! GREAT video!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:07 AM
MOSPORT1
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts

Well I'm just glad that the Vettes are getting a little better rep with the exotic boys,,, I've met a few of them and were very personable,
I'm sure you made a good impression or maybe they just invited you for the donuts!!!
You going to Sherway on Sunday??? I have it penciled in.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:41 AM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JETZ
Damn you Mark, me be jealous too! GREAT video!
Sorry to make you guys jealous, that was not my intent...

Arshad swore me to secrecy about the event, he did not want more that 40 - 50 cars on this run ... so I figure, I was just breaking the ice for future Vette participation in these events!

Keep your eyes on the Porche and Ferrari chat/forums ... they watch our's too! And they put on some really nice cruises! Ian (White 911) put on a nice cruise up to the Elora Old Mill, and a few Vette's joined the cruise ... I still love to just cruise with other Vette's, but it is nice to mix it up a bit, and see a few different tail lights once in a while!

Ralph is a Ferrari / Tim Hortons guy ... so him and I might plan an event next year ... help raise some extra-dough for the Tim Hortons Childrens Foundation, or another Charity...

Mark
Old 10-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Christien
3rd Gear

Hey, nice pics and videos! (although donuts in a parking lot haven't impressed me since I was 13 ) Wish I knew about it - I would've been there on a dime, although I think my old 72 911 would've had a hard time keeping up with some of you guys!

Chris
Old 10-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Big_ Red
Instructor

Originally Posted by psod
Well I'm just glad that the Vettes are getting a little better rep with the exotic boys,,, I've met a few of them and were very personable,
Been the case for awhile, too bad most vette guys dont share the same ideology.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:18 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Christien
Hey, nice pics and videos! (although donuts in a parking lot haven't impressed me since I was 13 ) Wish I knew about it - I would've been there on a dime, although I think my old 72 911 would've had a hard time keeping up with some of you guys!

Chris
Well there were muffins too!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:25 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Been the case for awhile, too bad most vette guys dont share the same ideology.
Are you saying that Corvette guys do not extend respect to Porche, Ferrari, and Lambo guys? Because I would have to disagree ... I have noted at all the Corvette events I have attended, the comments have been very positive when it comes to talking about other sports cars ... most Vette guys ... are car guys ... that appreciate a quality built vehical, that can get you from point A to point B quickly!

Of course, there is always some good natured "poking fun at" comments ... which generally aimed at the "Ricer" demographic ... and the C4 Guys! Just Kidding Boys! See! We even kid among ourselves!

As you have probably read in my two threads from this past Saturday's event ... most of the Vette guys would have loved to attended ... and checked out the other cars.

Why don't you come out to our Sherway Gardens event this coming Sunday (as long as the weather is good! ) and just hang out and chat!

Take care,

Mark

P.S. - Do you know who deleted my thread over on the F-Chat website?

Last edited by CDN_Wolf_eh; 10-10-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Big_ Red
Instructor

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
Are you saying that Corvette guys do not extend respect to Porche, Ferrari, and Lambo guys?
This will start a new debate, but i disagree with you. This board is very disrespectful towards other brands. I notice that new vette owners and old school vette owners seem to have a different pecking order as well. Unlike frrari, and Porche camps, that divide is not there. Plus many respect the vette, unfortunately my notice here has been that ferraris and Porches are not worth the price tag when the vette does it better.....blah, blah blah story. That my friend has not happened on fchat in CDN section..........and you got to meet some there this weekend.

As for your thread on f-chat....it was merged with the other cruise pics sinc eit was the same event
Old 10-10-2006, 06:08 PM
JUSTAKAR
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Heh Mark great pics

Mark, Sweet pics and video of some peaches of cars .....you are correct ......it's great seein the different food groups...especially the ones which don't get out much or at least we don't get a chance to see up close.....thx for sharing.
Ian
Old 10-10-2006, 06:13 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This will start a new debate, but i disagree with you. This board is very disrespectful towards other brands. I notice that new vette owners and old school vette owners seem to have a different pecking order as well. Unlike frrari, and Porche camps, that divide is not there. Plus many respect the vette, unfortunately my notice here has been that ferraris and Porches are not worth the price tag when the vette does it better.....blah, blah blah story. That my friend has not happened on fchat in CDN section..........and you got to meet some there this weekend.

As for your thread on f-chat....it was merged with the other cruise pics sinc eit was the same event
You will probably get that on most forums afterall they are sites bringing a bunch of people together that share a similar interest. I for one, LOVE exotic cars and would gladly be an owner of one if I could afford it...hehe... I was out with Mark the other night for a little cruise and even though our cars handled their own, I still like the lines of an F car or lambo..

Steve
Old 10-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Big_ Red
Instructor

Originally Posted by GettReal
You will probably get that on most forums afterall they are sites bringing a bunch of people together that share a similar interest. I for one, LOVE exotic cars and would gladly be an owner of one if I could afford it...hehe... I was out with Mark the other night for a little cruise and even though our cars handled their own, I still like the lines of an F car or lambo..

Steve

True enough, its the bashing part level that i dont understand.

But then again Trolls who cant own the real deal always find faults to make themselves feel better, instead of enjoying what they do have.

Get notified of new replies

To More Pic's and Vid's from the Fall Cruise...

Old 10-10-2006, 07:39 PM
terry621
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Peterborough"I'd rather be topless than all couped up" Ontario
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10

Default thanks

Great shots great vids, great cars

any car that sounds like those and vettes are awesome A friend of mine owns a Austin Martin I would give my hind teeth for that car

Love and appreciate them all Would be hell of a boring world if everyone owned or drove a vette

Keep up the good PR

Terry
Old 10-10-2006, 08:13 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

True enough, its the bashing part level that i dont understand.

But then again Trolls who cant own the real deal always find faults to make themselves feel better, instead of enjoying what they do have.

Some people will always be bitter about what they don't have ... and belittle other people's achievements ... seems to be an all too common human trait ... one which not everyone on this forum shares...

I like chocolate ... but I do not like the taste of raspberries ... I feel that raspberries should never, ever, touch a good chocolate cheese cake ... but that does not mean that I hate them. On Saturday ... when Myra and I were driving back to Mississauga, she asked me what kind of car I would like to buy next, and without hesitation I said a Z06 ... then she said "besides a Corvette" I sat there for a good 3-4 minutes racking my brain ... and said, well for my next work car after I sell my Grand Prix GTP, maybe a Crysler 300C or a BMW M5... she said "No ... performance car ... if you could have anyone, which one would you have!" and I said, another Corvette, probably a C7 after they finish developing it... I told her, I just love Corvette's nothing against other performance cars, I respect them all ... but I know what I like, and love ... Chocolate and Corvettes ... When it comes to discussing Dark vs Milk chocolate I will share my opinion, and debate it, just like I would performance stats between a Z06 and Ford GT ... not because I hate the Ford GT ... Love and Hate have nothing to do with it at that point ... it is purly analysis of the data.

Judging others, and refering to them as "Trolls" detracts from your message Big Red ... As far as the "Real Deal" goes; Corvettes, Ferrari's, Porches, Ford GT's, Bugatti Veyron's, Aston Martin's, Lotus, Lambo's ... they are all the "Real Deal" Just a different flavor of Chocolate!

Mark
Old 10-10-2006, 08:17 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by terry621
Great shots great vids, great cars

any car that sounds like those and vettes are awesome A friend of mine owns a Austin Martin I would give my hind teeth for that car

Love and appreciate them all Would be hell of a boring world if everyone owned or drove a vette

Keep up the good PR

Terry

Thanks Terry,

I had a lot of fun on Saturday ... meeting and chatting with all the other Car enthusiasts ... but I am not very good with names! So hopefully next year, we can all get name tags ... then it will be easier to keep track of everyone!

I chatted with the two Ford GT guys ... and they were very impressed with the new Z06 ... to bad Smook wasn't there!

Mark

Quick Reply: More Pic's and Vid's from the Fall Cruise...