C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Hey CFI Guys! Part Deux

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Default Hey CFI Guys! Part Deux

Yes, Dorothy, you can make a Xfire run and run well. On street tires. Not done with tuning yet of DynamicEFI EBL ECM
https://home.comcast.net/~surrexi2/x...Enthusiast.pdf

Last edited by Dominic Sorresso; 09-06-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:22 PM
kehler
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Nice Dominic
Old 09-06-2006, 02:43 PM
The Gooch
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Very

Dom, did ya see this article?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1490447

Last edited by The Gooch; 09-06-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Gooch,

Yeah. Seen that. There's been a quest to find the manifold to replace the Xfire manifold while keeping the twin throttle bodies. Other manifolds considered were the Offenhauser and the SY-1 Smoke Ram.
Haven't seen anyone install those with any success. You better know how to tune before you do and you wouldn't do it on stock heads.
I never considered the Xram since its really not a manifold but an adapter plate.
Turns out the Xfire can breathe with the right mods done to it. There's actually more primary issues with the Xfire than the manifold itself. Like the staggered size injectors.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:57 PM
bdaly84
Racer

What issue was that...or is that new one? I subscribe to Corvette Eth. but dont remember seeing that issue. I've got my 84 running high 14's, with a best of 14.8 @96. I've got a long way to go...currently porting the stock manifold. Your numbers kick ***. I have mostly bolt on's, but need the ported manifold on.

These crossfires can make the numbers and peoples mouths drop at the track. I have mine lowered with ZR1 wheels on it, and at shows people who dont know what a crossfire is, they think its a rare motor and always have questions. Not many crossfires are work on.

Keep it up.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bdaly84
What issue was that...or is that new one? I subscribe to Corvette Eth. but dont remember seeing that issue. I've got my 84 running high 14's, with a best of 14.8 @96. I've got a long way to go...currently porting the stock manifold. Your numbers kick ***. I have mostly bolt on's, but need the ported manifold on.

These crossfires can make the numbers and peoples mouths drop at the track. I have mine lowered with ZR1 wheels on it, and at shows people who dont know what a crossfire is, they think its a rare motor and always have questions. Not many crossfires are work on.

Keep it up.
bdaly,

It was in the August Issue. Look for it in the Letters section.
This is mine with the ZR-1 GS wheels http://crossfire.vettextc.net/Car_pics/P1002061.jpg
Old 09-07-2006, 06:06 AM
bdaly84
Racer

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
bdaly,

It was in the August Issue. Look for it in the Letters section.
This is mine with the ZR-1 GS wheels http://crossfire.vettextc.net/Car_pics/P1002061.jpg
Thats very nice looking. I like the GS wheels with the silver. I will email you pics of mine, I dont know how to post them here. PM me your email.

What kind of exhuast is that? I am re-doing mine this winter and have been looking for ideas...right now i have elims.

Last edited by bdaly84; 09-07-2006 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

bdaly,

The exhaust has been changed since this pic. Those were Flowmasters with the Dynomax rear Y Pipe. Now I have MagnaFlow Cat Back. Pretty awesome sound. when I have the car on in the garage, my neighbor can hear it in his basement.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:22 AM
bdaly84
Racer

dominic,

How much of a job was adapting that Magnaflow to our cat flange, or did you go with a 86+ cat?? I have been thinking about magnaflow mufflers with some different tips...really love the BB triflow tips for the 92-96 system...the dual ovals.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bdaly84
dominic,

How much of a job was adapting that Magnaflow to our cat flange, or did you go with a 86+ cat?? I have been thinking about magnaflow mufflers with some different tips...really love the BB triflow tips for the 92-96 system...the dual ovals.
Not difficult at all. Basically cut the flange off the DynoMax Y-Pipe and had it welded onto the Magnaflow Y pipe.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:22 PM
The Gooch
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
Gooch,

Yeah. Seen that. There's been a quest to find the manifold to replace the Xfire manifold while keeping the twin throttle bodies. Other manifolds considered were the Offenhauser and the SY-1 Smoke Ram.
Haven't seen anyone install those with any success. You better know how to tune before you do and you wouldn't do it on stock heads.
I never considered the Xram since its really not a manifold but an adapter plate.
Turns out the Xfire can breathe with the right mods done to it. There's actually more primary issues with the Xfire than the manifold itself. Like the staggered size injectors.
If I recall right, stock valve covers wouldn't work with the x-Ram either...correct?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by The Gooch
If I recall right, stock valve covers wouldn't work with the x-Ram either...correct?
Gooch,

I think the issue witht the valve covers requires you to remove the top plate in order to remove the covers. Not so with the Xfire manifold. Plenty of clearance. Having said that, there are those who have used the Xram with good results like Ben73. He runs mid 12's with it on a 383.

Get notified of new replies

To Hey CFI Guys! Part Deux

Quick Reply: Hey CFI Guys! Part Deux