Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 11:59 AM
rsbb
Mike
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rwhp

I just had my LS7 dynoed. This is the LS7 i put into a c6 convertible and it got 483 RWHP with halltech filter, long tubeheaders, corsa cats, and a ported intake with an awesome Jeremy tune.

Jeremy says I can pick up more if I put the Z06 exhaust on it as the c6 exhaust is restricting it and we could not get the oil temp high enough on the dyno.

I also had the Z06 body, rotors and calipers, wheels and tires, and seats from a Z06.

It looks and runs awesome
Old 08-16-2006, 12:05 PM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost of adding the Z06 body panels? And did you have to replace all of them to make it work?

I have been on my decision to Z06 or to take delivery of a 07 C6 coupe and then twin-turbo it. I can't tell you how much I love the look of the Z06, but with a targa

Old 08-16-2006, 12:09 PM
rsbb
Mike
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GForceSS
If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost of adding the Z06 body panels? And did you have to replace all of them to make it work?

I have been on my decision to Z06 or to take delivery of a 07 C6 coupe and then twin-turbo it. I can't tell you how much I love the look of the Z06, but with a targa

I will have to look up pricing as I do not remember.

All I had to replace is front and rear fenders, front facia, inner fenders - It was really not that hard of a Job - BTW I am a gm dealer so I get everything oretty cheap including labor as I also have a body shop
Old 08-16-2006, 12:48 PM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

ok, so the 4 corners and the front. did the hood, rear panel, or doors need replacing or adjustments? Do tell, do tell

Great looking car by the way
Old 08-16-2006, 12:50 PM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rsbb
I just had my LS7 dynoed. This is the LS7 i put into a c6 convertible and it got 483 RWHP with halltech filter, long tubeheaders, corsa cats, and a ported intake with an awesome Jeremy tune.

Jeremy says I can pick up more if I put the Z06 exhaust on it as the c6 exhaust is restricting it and we could not get the oil temp high enough on the dyno.

I also had the Z06 body, rotors and calipers, wheels and tires, and seats from a Z06.

Nice! Is your car an automatic?
Old 08-16-2006, 01:21 PM
markbrown
Burning Brakes

"Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy."

might be a useful post in the poser section
Old 08-16-2006, 01:24 PM
rsbb
Mike
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GForceSS
ok, so the 4 corners and the front. did the hood, rear panel, or doors need replacing or adjustments? Do tell, do tell

Great looking car by the way
The hood, Doors, Rear Facia, and decklid (need Z06 spoiler) are the same
Old 08-16-2006, 01:25 PM
rsbb
Mike
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WeaponsGradeTorque
Nice! Is your car an automatic?
It is a 6sp Manual
Old 08-16-2006, 10:28 PM
FFCobra
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Please do us a favor and post some pictures of your car and engine bay. And could you post a list of parts needed?

This is something I may do if the cost is not too crazy.

- Bill
Old 08-16-2006, 10:42 PM
jbp8653
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by FFCobra
Please do us a favor and post some pictures of your car and engine bay. And could you post a list of parts needed?

- Bill
LOL...I know Mike. Good friend. Trust me, the cost is crazy. Easier to buy a real Z. The car is really cool and looks like a real Convertable Z, but I bet if he had to do it over, he would just buy a Z.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:08 PM
GameDesignerXIX
Instructor

just got my 06 z06 back from lingenfelter. got twins put on it. it's looks awesome. I will post some picks really soon. Plus i had caravaggio do the targa on it. it's an awesome car. you should do it.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:46 AM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

Is that the targa modification going for $10K?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:09 AM
DaddySS
Instructor

Man I would love to do exactly that to mine, unfortunately you're looking at about 20 grand if you're not a dealer. Congrats!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
SLWRNU
Safety Car

Received 373 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by markbrown.com
"Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy."

might be a useful post in the poser section
Think what you will, but that is one ride. Me likey.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:12 AM
jbp8653
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DaddySS
Man I would love to do exactly that to mine, unfortunately you're looking at about 20 grand if you're not a dealer. Congrats!
I bet Mike will tell you more than that and he is a dealer!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:20 PM
rsbb
Mike
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DaddySS
I just talked to my body shop manager and he said I had $25-$30k in body.

The engine was probably around $30-$35k after every thing was done w/labor and then I bought the Z06 rotors and calipers and I am not sure what they were but they wern't cheap.

I am still having problems with the BCM but they will figure it out. The top does not work very well so right now I have to do it manually
Old 08-17-2006, 12:22 PM
rsbb
Mike
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FFCobra

- Bill
I will take pics this weekend and post post them

Get notified of new replies

To Rwhp

Old 08-17-2006, 12:36 PM
C6Sixspeed
Racer

I just talked to my body shop manager and he said I had $25-$30k in body.

The engine was probably around $30-$35k after every thing was done w/labor and then I bought the Z06 rotors and calipers and I am not sure what they were but they wern't cheap.

I am still having problems with the BCM but they will figure it out. The top does not work very well so right now I have to do it manually
Awesome looking car! But wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy a Z06 and convert that? Looks to be $55k - $65K for the conversion which does not included the price of the C6.. Egads
Old 08-17-2006, 01:06 PM
rbarta
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Sixspeed
Awesome looking car! But wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy a Z06 and convert that? Looks to be $55k - $65K for the conversion which does not included the price of the C6.. Egads
Then you have a AL frame that may not be able to handle the torque in a convertible. Changing that out or reinforcing it would be a pain. Not doing that is taking a risk.

He didn't pay that cuz he's a dealer, so he gets the parts at cost and the labor very cheaply. Of course now he also has all those body panels, wheels, tires, rotors, brakes, seats and old engine that he can parts out and recover a lot of cost. By the time he sells those, I'm guessing (as a dealer) he did it for next to nothing. Just let me know when you wanna sell it.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:09 PM
rsbb
Mike
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C6Sixspeed
EVERYONE TOLD ME THE FRAME ON THE Z06 WOULD NOT STAND UP TO A VERT W/O A LOT OF STRENGTHENING AND IT WOULD TAKE A LOT MORE BODY WORK AS THE Z06 IS A HATCH BACK NOW. THE C5 Z06 WAS AN EASY VERT CONVERSION AS IT WAS A COUPE

Quick Reply: [Z06] Rwhp