C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Writer Needed for VETTE Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Vette Mag
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Writer Needed for VETTE Magazine

Primedia is seeking an associate editor to work on VETTE and High-Performance Pontiac magazines. The successful candidate will have at least two years’ writing experience, general automotive knowledge (specific knowledge of GM performance vehicles preferred), and an associate’s degree in a related field (bachelor’s preferred). Photography skills are a plus but not required. The ability to work independently with a minimal degree of supervision is paramount.

Job duties include developing feature and technical articles, coordinating and writing magazine departments, editing copy, and performing various other tasks as directed by the magazines’ editors. Some travel is involved.

The position is based out of Primedia’s Tampa, FL editorial office. Compensation depends on qualifications and includes a full benefits package.

To be considered, please submit a résumé, cover letter, and writing sample(s) to vette@primedia.com, using “Associate Editor” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.

For more information on VETTE and High-Performance Pontiac, please visit www.vetteweb.com and www.highperformancepontiac.com.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:15 PM
65nassau
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Sounds like a cool job! ....can you throw in a C6 Z06 and a gas card?

If I were younger and not married..... (sigh)

I WAS a sportswriter for a while....
Old 08-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the passion. But, void of any writing skill.

I need a job ! Anything else open I would love the photographer job. Heck, you could even twist my arm and I would attend all the ALMS races and shoot the C6r's ! Carlisle, Bloomington, B-J, etc...I love it all, man.

Thanks for posting it anyway.

Last edited by Grey Ghost; 08-15-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:09 PM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 286 Likes on 172 Posts

Talk about dream job!

Too bad you aren't hiring part-time remote associate editors. I could attend Vette shows on the weekends around the Atlanta area, take photos, and then have a week deadline to submit the articles.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Based in Florida apparently. Have you considered on-line pics, editing and reporting? I'm interested. And yes I will travel.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:50 PM
BarryK
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

hmmm, I need a job, I used to make my living as a photographer, but don't have the required writing experience unless you count my being the editor of our local Corvette Club newsletter, and with my previous job as a factory sales rep and working out of my home office I'm used to working with a minimum amount of supervision.

if only I had more writing experience.......
Old 08-15-2006, 10:22 PM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Barry - you should do it. You already have a lot of material in Corvette repair experience and have a knack of getting everyone's interest.

Dan
Old 08-15-2006, 11:11 PM
BarryK
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Dan, more like a lot of experience in ATTEMPTED Corvette repair experience followed by trying to fix what I screwed up the first time around!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Rob Musquetier
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this job is over my head although I wouldn't mind writing some Vette related articles about the Corvette activities on the European continent.

greetings,
Rob Musquetier
The Netherlands

Get notified of new replies

To Writer Needed for VETTE Magazine

Quick Reply: Writer Needed for VETTE Magazine