C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pumping gas and it wont let me after half way??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 02:44 AM
ydlee24
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pumping gas and it wont let me after half way??

This is the second time at this gas station I go to pump gas and the gas pump will click off as if the tank is full. It always stops about half way full. It must be the gas station pump right? Has anyone experienced this? I had the same symptoms in my previous G35 except it would allow me to pump up to 3/4 full only at some gas stations it would do this. I tried pulling out the pump and re-enter it to re-pump and it still clicks off like it is full.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:50 AM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ydlee24
This is the second time at this gas station I go to pump gas and the gas pump will click off as if the tank is full. It always stops about half way full. It must be the gas station pump right? Has anyone experienced this? I had the same symptoms in my previous G35 except it would allow me to pump up to 3/4 full only at some gas stations it would do this. I tried pulling out the pump and re-enter it to re-pump and it still clicks off like it is full.
Carry a claw hammer. When you encounter one of these pumps, use the hammer. (No, not to smash the pump.) Hook the vapor recovery hood with the hammer's claw and pull it back out of the way while you finish fueling.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:44 AM
caw0917
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

occasionally i get the same thing. I think it depends on the sensitivity of each pumps auto-shutoff thingy.

I can usually "fix" it by leaving the pump off for a few seconds (~10), and then resuming at about half-speed. yeah, that means you have to baby-sit the pump handle; but the alternative is to re-engage it every time it quits anyway.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:49 AM
sly1
Le Mans Master

Received 530 Likes on 283 Posts

I sometimes experience this especially during the summer at some older pumps. If I don't use the auto fill option and press the pump trigger by hand, I can generally get it to work by reducing the pump pressure.

Get notified of new replies

To Pumping gas and it wont let me after half way??

Quick Reply: Pumping gas and it wont let me after half way??