C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!no dashlight, no rear light, no side markers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 05:28 AM
reredol
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help!!!no dashlight, no rear light, no side markers

Hi,
Yesterday during driving my dash light, my rear light and the sidemarkers light were out of order, it was dark, but the headlight (high and low beam), indicators, brakelight, radio, courtesy lamp, back up light and everthing else were working. After stoping I checked the fuses, everything ok. Suddenly everthing worked right again, afterwards not, ...

My first suggestion ist the headlight switch.

What do you say?

Thanks
George
Old 07-19-2006, 08:33 AM
sweethence
Le Mans Master

Location: Wilmington DE, Drive it like you stole it, 68 327 4 speed coupe
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by reredol
Hi,
Yesterday during driving my dash light, my rear light and the sidemarkers light were out of order, it was dark, but the headlight (high and low beam), indicators, brakelight, radio, courtesy lamp, back up light and everthing else were working. After stoping I checked the fuses, everything ok. Suddenly everthing worked right again, afterwards not, ...

My first suggestion ist the headlight switch.

What do you say?

Thanks
George
mine too, i have a 68, and the guage lightsa, tail lamps ( excluding brakes and turn) and front marker lamps are all on the same circuit. My headlight switch went bad, and it eats the 15 amp fuses every time the engine starts, I you dialed down the guage lights. eventually the switch lost allk resistance when you twisted it to brighten/ dim the guage lights.

I ordered the switch from Corvette central today, will change out this weekend.

If for some reason this is not the problem, Ill be doing the whole under dash harness. Ive learned the hard way that when a 38 year old harness starts blowing fuses, you can either

1. spend hours fixign the problem to have another pop up later and another and another

or

2. replace the whole works and be good for another 20 years

cheers

tim
Old 07-20-2006, 03:54 AM
reredol
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked the connection to the headlight switch. The connector was not fully plugged to the headlight switch.

So I used a tie strap to fix the connector to the switch.

Everything work fine again.

The connector and the switch as well as the wires look goog, so no need the change the switch.

Get notified of new replies

To Help!!!no dashlight, no rear light, no side markers

Quick Reply: Help!!!no dashlight, no rear light, no side markers