C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius SIR-GM1 Shipping 7/19

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

Default Sirius SIR-GM1 Shipping 7/19

Just checked with Crutchfield, the Sirius SIR-GM1 module is supposed to be shipping out on 7/19. This is the first hard date Ive seen. Hopefully its true and wont be pushed back again.

I have one preordered, If it arrives, Ill post pics and install details in the Audio/Electronics forum.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:47 AM
bbster
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Default GM Sirius Install

Thanks for the update. Very interested to hear your thoughts and see your install.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:59 AM
JT-C6
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'08-'10-'11

Just went to Crutchfield's site and this is what it says about connecting this to the Bose system...I will be most anxious to hear if people get this thing working...Other reviews and posts seem to have indicated this would work. Hopefully Crutchfield's database is just wrong...

"Installation Details for your 2006 Corvette

» This item does not work with your factory system."

Last edited by JT-C6; 07-17-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

Here's a thread about it in more detail. One of the posters was part of the Beta test for it. It is currently working in his car!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1413670&page=2
Old 07-17-2006, 02:46 PM
JT-C6
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'08-'10-'11

Yes, as you'll see I was a poster in that thread a month or so ago. I hope it works well. I am hoping Crutchfield's database is wrong. I will buy one.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Crutchfields site also says it won't work in my stock radio C6 or in out Navi Trailblazer SS. I think it says it won't work in every gm car, because they haven't got the specifics yet.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:59 PM
thejerseydevil
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

I just checked with Crutchfield and they stated it will work with the C6. If you already have XM, according to Crutchfield, install should be as easy as unplugging the XM unit and plugging the same cable into SIR-GM1 unit and mounting the antenna.

I found a link to the manual: http://directed.com/audio/sirius/SIR...all-Manual.pdf

If anyone gets this, please post the install difficulty and quality asap. I can't wait for Sirius.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:01 PM
V8lust
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm unimpressed with my Bose/no nav XM system. I do note, however, that CDs sound okay -- not great, but significantly better than XM. I wonder if narrow frequency response on satelite radio is the cause of this, or if it's the Bose system that is the limitation. I further wonder if Sirus has better specs than XM.

Anybody with a tech background know?
Old 07-17-2006, 05:03 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by V8lust
I'm unimpressed with my Bose/no nav XM system. I do note, however, that CDs sound okay -- not great, but significantly better than XM. I wonder if narrow frequency response on satelite radio is the cause of this, or if it's the Bose system that is the limitation. I further wonder if Sirus has better specs than XM.

Anybody with a tech background know?
Both XM and Sirius are compressed and won't sound as good as a CD or even FM. XM and Sirius will sound alike, so don't expect an improvement in frequency or dynamic range.

Tom
Old 07-17-2006, 08:57 PM
ambitin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default sweet

Originally Posted by Craigster05
Just checked with Crutchfield, the Sirius SIR-GM1 module is supposed to be shipping out on 7/19. This is the first hard date Ive seen. Hopefully its true and wont be pushed back again.

I have one preordered, If it arrives, Ill post pics and install details in the Audio/Electronics forum.
Awesome, I've been waiting for a better solution than having my sirius starmate replay flopping around on the passenger seat! I'll miss my handy record feature but I think it will be worth it to have it built right into my factory stereo.

Justin
Old 07-17-2006, 09:37 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ambitin
Awesome, I've been waiting for a better solution than having my sirius starmate replay flopping around on the passenger seat! I'll miss my handy record feature but I think it will be worth it to have it built right into my factory stereo.

Justin
my starbase is mounted in the ashtray, and aside from only being able to see it when in even gears and not odd ones, I think I will keep it, as I'm really happy with the way it displays every stations songs, even before the sound comes in, and it can store 20 songs and alert you when one comes on on any station. That being said, I just ordered one from crutchfield to replace the xm in my wifes trailblazer ss.

Get notified of new replies

To Sirius SIR-GM1 Shipping 7/19

Quick Reply: Sirius SIR-GM1 Shipping 7/19