Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Synergy Stage II package results

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:35 AM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Synergy Stage II package results

I had Tony's Corvette Shop install the Synergy Stage II cam on my car. I gained ~40 rwhp just from this cam alone! It is the perfect street cam and does a nice job of improving high RPM HP - which is exactly what I wanted out of a cam. Now I just need to get a new clutch and get to the track so I am not just a poser with HP.

I am going to give out some compliments about some service I received recently. I am not doing this to gain favor with the particular individuals, but rather speak candidly to help other corvette owners with finding good service. I've worked with 3 other shops in the country and did not rave in posts on the forum because I was not 100% satisfied, so this is a big deal for me to say the things below.

Rick at Synergy Motorsports is THE MAN. It is hard to know who the best tuners in the country are, but I will tell you he is one of them. I plan on buying more stuff from Synergy in the future.

Tony's Corvette shop.....I am extremely pleased with their class, professionalism, quality, thoroughnes, and organization. They do things by the book and no BS. They are a very trustworthy organization.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:51 AM
C6USA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds great, so what were the final #'s? Do you have a dyno graph you can post up?
Old 07-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Brabus2
Safety Car

I spoke with Rick @ Synergy the other day in reference to speed density tuning for my C6, I could tell he was busy, but yet spent the approriate time over the phone with me to explain the benefits and answered all my questions in detail...very cool dude!!!

Congrats with your results.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:04 AM
0Synergy Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear the tune worked out great for you. Now go enjoy your car some more.

Rick
Old 07-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Adrenaline Junky
Racer

Hi WGT,
You're on the East coast aren't ya? I love the internet. You have found the MAN ! I'm starting a package install on Tuesday with Rick and feel like a test pilot ! How many miles you got on your Z ? What other mods are you runnin ?
Old 07-09-2006, 01:08 PM
GregZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by C6USA
Sounds great, so what were the final #'s? Do you have a dyno graph you can post up?
i second that!
Old 07-09-2006, 01:22 PM
06Z0606
Instructor

Originally Posted by Synergy Motorsports
Glad to hear the tune worked out great for you. Now go enjoy your car some more.

Rick
Do you have any new info on some head work? I am very curious to see what kind of gains can be made.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Hybrid901
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

We just finished a Synergy Stage 2 install a few days ago. The car stock made 434, with headers/cam 496, and after tune 525whp. This is still with the stock filter in place. The car is a monster, we will be taking it to the track next weekend as long as the rain holds out. I'm thinking about selling my Viper to get one.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Racin Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Rick did his Stage II package in my car about a month ago. 550rwhp/515rwtq. From 2200 rpm the TQ is never under 400 rwtq. Peak TQ (515) is reached at 4950 rpm. Peak HP (550) is at 6600 rpm. I can not tell you just how hard this car pulls. It never gives up. I took one my Viper buddies for a ride this morning and he said "NO CONTEST!"

The car has the Synergy Stage II cam package, AFR ported TB, LG longtubes w/cats and Rick's magic tune on 91 octane.

I have over 1000 miles since the install. Absolutely no drivability issues. No surging, no stalling, no hunting for it's idle, NO drama at all. It idles at 925 rpm and sounds INSANE!!!!

Rick and the guys at Synergy Motorsports are true professionals. Synergy Motorsports deserves and has earned the right to be mentioned in the same breath with the top tuners in the country!!

On a side note; I installed the Halltech F1 filter Friday, and you CAN feel the difference.

Enough talking on-line, I gotta go for a drive.

Dave
Old 07-09-2006, 02:53 PM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Racin Z06
Rick did his Stage II package in my car about a month ago. 550rwhp/515rwtq. From 2200 rpm the TQ is never under 400 rwtq. Peak TQ (515) is reached at 4950 rpm. Peak HP (550) is at 6600 rpm. I can not tell you just how hard this car pulls. It never gives up. I took one my Viper buddies for a ride this morning and he said "NO CONTEST!"

The car has the Synergy Stage II cam package, AFR ported TB, LG longtubes w/cats and Rick's magic tune on 91 octane.

I have over 1000 miles since the install. Absolutely no drivability issues. No surging, no stalling, no hunting for it's idle, NO drama at all. It idles at 925 rpm and sounds INSANE!!!!

Rick and the guys at Synergy Motorsports are true professionals. Synergy Motorsports deserves and has earned the right to be mentioned in the same breath with the top tuners in the country!!

On a side note; I installed the Halltech F1 filter Friday, and you CAN feel the difference.

Dave

Dave,
I feel the same way you do. The ride quality with this cam really suprises me for putting down the kind of power it does.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:03 PM
06Z0606
Instructor

Dave
I took my car to Synergy over a month ago for stage 2 cam, afr portrd tb, kooks headers, breathless cai, and tune. My car put down 570rwhp(569.7) and 510trq. I think a cai makes a difference even though Rick does not.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:04 PM
06Z0606
Instructor

Originally Posted by WeaponsGradeTorque
Dave,
I feel the same way you do. The ride quality with this cam really suprises me for putting down the kind of power it does.
What did your car dyno and what are all your mods?
Old 07-09-2006, 03:12 PM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junky
Hi WGT,
You're on the East coast aren't ya? I love the internet. You have found the MAN ! I'm starting a package install on Tuesday with Rick and feel like a test pilot ! How many miles you got on your Z ? What other mods are you runnin ?
I am on the east cost. i have 1600 miles on my Z. I've got header, cam and the halltech intake. Traction is terrible!
Old 07-09-2006, 03:18 PM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C6USA

I switched on different dynos so my numbers are a little hard to understand. Before the cam, I had headers and made 485 rwhp on a dyno jet. I then took my car to Tony's superflow and it made 454 rwhp. That just shows you how much of a difference their can be on a dyno.

So after the cam was installed the car made 492 rwhp. Then I out on the halltech filter and made 502 rwhp. I am going to dyno the car on a dyno jet and I think I will dyno around 535 rwhp.

Dyno numbers aside, this car runs. REALLY runs. It just does not seem to stop pulling. The best way for me to describe it is that is feels like a centrifugal supercharger is strapped onto the front.

Last edited by WeaponsGradeTorque; 07-09-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:06 PM
dgdoc
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WeaponsGradeTorque
I switched on different dynos so my numbers are a little hard to understand. Before the cam, I had headers and made 485 rwhp on a dyno jet. I then took my car to Tony's superflow and it made 454 rwhp. That just shows you how much of a difference their can be on a dyno.

So after the cam was installed the car made 492 rwhp. Then I out on the halltech filter and made 502 rwhp. I am going to dyno the car on a dyno jet and I think I will dyno around 535 rwhp.
A couple months after I had my car dyno'd at Tony's on his Superflow, I had it dyno'd on a Dynojet dyno and it showed up with an astounding 485 RWHP - Bone STOCK!. Of course, that simply isn't believable. However, after reviewing the dyno chart, the problem wasn't the Dynojet equipment, it was dyno operator who did not enter the correct relative humidity. By setting the humidity to 100%, it drastically inflated the numbers - and therefore the results were totally useless.

So, the message is, it's not always the equipment. Accurate results also depend very much on the skill and knowledge of the dyno operator.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:10 PM
MadMaxZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by Brabus2
I spoke with Rick @ Synergy the other day in reference to speed density tuning for my C6, I could tell he was busy, but yet spent the approriate time over the phone with me to explain the benefits and answered all my questions in detail...very cool dude!!!

Congrats with your results.
I did the exact same thing about 3 months ago and I had the EXACT same experience. Rick not only comes across as a VERY knowledgeable guy but also a hell of a nice one. From everything I've heard and read (both first, second, and third-hand) I also think he is among the top shops.

- Max
Old 07-10-2006, 01:09 AM
GregZ
Instructor

weapons,
I am out in hershey, pa area. In the summers im near decator which is nice, but I was wondering if you could pm me the price of the cam and install. Also, where did you get the work done?
Greg

Get notified of new replies

To Synergy Stage II package results

Old 07-10-2006, 09:48 AM
bernrex
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave
Dave ... post the dyno of your modded car
Old 07-10-2006, 10:10 AM
OsinO
Instructor

How about some sound/video clips! Pretty please!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:25 AM
WildBill502
Instructor

I would love to hear how it sounds at idle with the new cam. I would also appreciate it if you could PM me with the cam install price.

WB

Quick Reply: [Z06] Synergy Stage II package results