C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

71 wiper door not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:24 PM
larry hinterman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 71 wiper door not working

I have been reading the post's from search and I noticed someone talking about the vacumn connection on the back of the tack. I have been fooling around under the dash looking for my turn signal problem and I went back under today to look for that vacumn connection, as maybe I disturbed it.

I have the wiper blue hose from the manual switch connecting to the connector. The connector has two ports and I do not have any hose on the other port.

What hose goes there?

thanks,
larry
Old 07-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 261 Likes on 211 Posts

Blue hose goes to the side port on the valve (from the manual switch under dash). A yellow hose goes on the end port which is tee'd off the hose that goes to the headlight switch. If that doesn't do it for you I can scan the vacuum system schmatic and post it in this thread.

Here's the scan, hope it's big enough to see.

Last edited by Duke94; 07-07-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:12 PM
larry hinterman
Instructor

Default 71 wiper switch

Hi Duke, thanks for responding. I see the wiper door switch with the yellow hose coming in the back and the blk/blue hose going into the side. On your diagram the wiper door switch has a box above the blue hose. On my switch there is a tube( port ) or hose type connection. This has no hose attached and would this be correct? And if so is that port open and need to be pluged?
Thanks larry, ldhinterman@yahoo.com

Blue hose goes to the side port on the valve (from the manual switch under dash). A yellow hose goes on the end port which is tee'd off the hose that goes to the headlight switch. If that doesn't do it for you I can scan the vacuum system schematic and post it in this thread.

Here's the scan, hope it's big enough to see.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:32 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

larry that port is the breather it used to have a square piece of sponge over it
Old 07-07-2006, 10:03 PM
larry hinterman
Instructor

Default 71 wiper

thanks duke for your help, I haven't found the bad hose yet, but I will
larry
Old 07-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Mild2Wild
Advanced

Default wiper/headlight vacuume diagrams

Here are some diagrams I got from members here.You guys are great!
I had to plumb ALL my wiper vacuume lines and headlight vacuume lines.I thought it would be the pits,but once you have the correct chart for your year and some understanding on how the system works, it is a cake walk.
This vette stuff is new to me.I will post some diagrams to help you and others out.They sure helped me.I do not know if 70 and 71 are 100% the same?Sure someone here will say.If you want to talk to a pro trouble shooter on the system I can give you Al's number.I am sure he would not mind.The 70 Diagram is the bottom,no color one..

Good luck!! I just put my dash cluster in today.I had to get all the vacuume lines hooked up first.I thought the lines would be a beach.Turned out putting the dash speedo gauge cluster in is more of a beach!!

Ross
Mild2Wild
heminitro

Old 07-10-2006, 01:48 PM
rodman4791
Intermediate

Duke,
Can you email that Headlight / wiper door vacuum system diagram to me? The scan is too small to read when I print it out?

Rod.daly@kronesusa.com

Best Regards,
Rod

Get notified of new replies

To 71 wiper door not working

Quick Reply: 71 wiper door not working