C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

header gp??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:57 AM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default header gp??

Is there anyway of getting a group purchase up for late model LT1 headers. I have seen many posts recently asking about them. Hooker, Stahl, ExoticMuscle, StainlessWorks, TPIS, etc.. Whichever lasts the longest. That seems to be the biggest concern. Or do you just have to wait for a company to offer one? Anyone else here interested?

Thanks

Last edited by rickneworleansla; 05-11-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by rickreeves1
Is there anyway of getting a group purchase up for late model LT1 headers. I have seen many posts recently asking about them. Hooker, Stahl, ExoticMuscle, StainlessWorks, TPIS, etc.. Whichever lasts the longest. That seems to be the biggest concern. Or do you just have to wait for a company to offer one? Anyone else here interested?

Thanks
Why don't you contact SW and see if they're interested in doing another one yet? Tell them I'll be more than happy to handle it for them again. 800-878-3635 Ask for Al.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:50 PM
BlackC6LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll go in on a gp on the EM's
Old 05-11-2006, 05:15 PM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In a couple months I'd like to purchase Stainless Works non-cat headers... If I have that much time I'll be in for those. - - - - What did they cost last time as a group purchase? - - Could actually do it sooner if I knew a GP was gonna happen... always have stuff to sell...

Last edited by 4REGT4; 05-11-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BlackRoseLT1
I'll go in on a gp on the EM's
They're about due. They seem to have one every few months. They could use the good PR after a recent thread concerning them. I'm not knocking them, just stating a fact, no matter what anyone's opinion was on that situation. I believe there was enough fault to go around once all of the facts came out. There's certainly nothing wrong with EM's street header, it's a beauty. I just prefer stainless, that's all. Before SW came out w/ a header to fit automatic cars, I bought a set of EMs. But before they were delivered, I found my current DRMs on Ebay. I couldn't resist them (stainless you know) and so I sold the EMs to a good friend who wanted nice headers but couldn't afford even the GP price at that time.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:30 PM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Default group purchase long tubes

Hopefully someone will see this and offer a good deal. If not maybe we can try to call. I will if enough are interested. EM or SW?? Which will last longer? My cats recently went bad so I'm looking for a set of longtubes with cat delete that will last. Who else is interested?

Last edited by rickneworleansla; 05-11-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:35 PM
AKS Racing
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will participate if they offer the stepped design 1 7/8" or 2" for the L-98. It just seems that they will never offer good pices on these particular headers, or maybe it just that there is not too much demand.

Aaron
Old 05-12-2006, 01:16 PM
BlackC6LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on ordering a set of the EM's very soon. Next time I call them I will ask if they are interested in a GP. So please let me know who would be interested.

Dave
Old 05-12-2006, 02:53 PM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Default gp EM long tubes

Sounds good. I am definitly interested and ready to buy.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2006, 03:58 PM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Trying to figure out which header you are talking about for EM... their website is a mess... But it looks like you mean the EM full length 1 3/4" coated headers... If someone can convince me to buy EMs I'd be in (they do look nice and also already have the 02 bungs installed)... but as a DD - I'm afraid that going with these will eventually leave me wishing I went with SWs.... VR92 said his coated Hookers haven't gone more than 2 years at a time without rusting and needing an expensive re-coat. Someone reported much better on them, but this is my only car and I cannot always keep it away from the elements... Nor do I have enough time to take them out again and wait idle to have them coated... Perhaps someone can help shed some more light on this subject and how long these things should last...
- - though personally I would also rather go with the 1 5/8" primary tubes that SWs has... - - "Corvette Kid" mentioned that the SWs weigh 6 lbs less each than a particular set of 1 3/4" (12lbs extra off the car seems like a fair amount on these C4s) - and the claims that 1 5/8" primaries make better low end torque seems to make sense - at least on a lightly modified LT1... I'm not sure if any dyno comparisons are floating around here....
Old 05-12-2006, 04:12 PM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Default gp EM longtubes

I'm not too concerned about weight. The cats are going away so that should help some. Do these headers come with all the fittings and gaskets needed. Are they the type for the cat delete. Looks like there may be some other part for that on their website. What about the SW's for fittings and cat delete? Like you, my biggest concern is will they last. Once they are in I don't want to ever have to take them out and getting them recoated. Id rather the 1 3/4 for future plans. I'd like to hear what others have to say on EM coated life span. Other than that I'm still ready to buy. Hope to see a gp soon.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2006, 04:21 PM
ZZZASY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which ones have the slip fit cats? I would like some, but I would need to retain my cats because of emissions in Va. So, is one more emission legal or friendly than the other? If so, which?

zzzasy
'96 LT4
Old 05-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ZZZASY
Which ones have the slip fit cats? I would like some, but I would need to retain my cats because of emissions in Va. So, is one more emission legal or friendly than the other? If so, which?

zzzasy
'96 LT4
Both of these headers (SW & EM) are slip fit, have the O2 bungs in the collectors and are emissions legal except in communist Kalifornia.... SW has connector pipes available for cats or "off road" and offer R/T cats. I'm not sure about EM on that matter.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:36 PM
4REGT4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rickreeves1
I'm not too concerned about weight. The cats are going away so that should help some. Do these headers come with all the fittings and gaskets needed. Are they the type for the cat delete. Looks like there may be some other part for that on their website. What about the SW's for fittings and cat delete? Like you, my biggest concern is will they last. Once they are in I don't want to ever have to take them out and getting them recoated. Id rather the 1 3/4 for future plans. I'd like to hear what others have to say on EM coated life span. Other than that I'm still ready to buy. Hope to see a gp soon.

Thanks

I will be straight piping my cats as well... they are already gutted and the gutting is causing some occasional backfiring on decelleration... but don't expect much of any weight at all to come out of the cats - The SWs should be just as good as any LT header for straight piping the cats... and it sounds to me like you'd have to do a lot to worry about 1 5/8" primaries restricting any power... though personally I only plan to do the hotcam kit in the future as far as performance goes - unless some "extra" money comes my way for heads/intake - then I'd do it all at once... - - - yet as you mention too - the biggest issue is how long it will last... otherwise I don't see why I wouldn't just get the much cheaper coated Hookers - - unless EM gives a good group rate... - either way they are not stainless...
Old 05-12-2006, 08:19 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

I am interested to know what Melrose and Kooks (through the Vette Dr.'s) brings to the table. Anyone heard any news?

I contacted TPiS about a discount, GP, etc. they gave me some jive about not being fare to their suppliers.

Get notified of new replies

To header gp??

Quick Reply: header gp??