Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Just the Facts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 04:29 PM
0Steve@MTI RACING
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just the Facts!

After a recent dyno run our results are when your car gets hot you WILL lose RWHP and as much as 18 RWHP. We found this by just opening the hood versus closing the hood ( During Dyno Pulls ) So what that is telling you is the factory intake is choking you down and when hot becomes more pronounced. The solution we found was installing the Callaway "HONKER" Cold Air Induction System, this bolt on does what it claims and our tests have proven this to be FACT! Dyno Graph Below. To clarify, the graph is just showing restriction numbers only! We'll post new graph with before and after graph of "Honker" install soon!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...1&d=1147205836
Attached Images  

Last edited by Steve@MTI RACING; 05-09-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:57 PM
blandcastle
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Steve@MTI RACING
After a recent dyno run our results are when your car gets hot you WILL lose RWHP and as much as 18 RWHP. We found this by just opening the hood versus closing the hood ( During Dyno Pulls ) So what that is telling you is the factory intake is choking you down and when hot becomes more pronounced. The solution we found was installing the Callaway "HONKER" Cold Air Induction System, this bolt on does what it claims and our tests have proven this to be FACT! Dyno Graph Below, Hope it posts OK !?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/atta...1&d=1147205836
Steve, how much do they run and how hard are they to install? Thanks, Tim
Old 05-09-2006, 05:21 PM
godsvette
Instructor

Steve, I will be calling you soon to schedule a dyno tune and probably this induction system.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 05-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Z-Jay
Instructor

What is the difference between this and a Air Charger with a Haltech Pro Filter.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:57 PM
godsvette
Instructor

I will tell you all that I live 2 hours away and have had MTI do some work on my C6 Z-51 and they do a awesome job. They are professional and their shop is awesome. I would put Reese *** against any tuner out their as far as experience and knowledge and he is a road racer himself. You probably won't get a lot response on the forum because I know they have been overloaded with business but if you call them I know that Reese will return your call. They are a great organization and you want go wrong if you use them.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:06 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Interesting results Tell us more.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:00 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 284 Likes on 200 Posts

Steve, just to be clear, I think you just confirmed that the VaraRam will also "save" you up to 18 horsepower

Get notified of new replies

To Just the Facts!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Just the Facts!