Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Sale: 72 LT-1 -great shape

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Nefarious LT-1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default For Sale: 72 LT-1 -great shape

Its time to sell my 72 LT-1, here are the details...

It is a 72 LT-1, I bought it a little over a year ago. engine numbers match. I bought it from the 2nd owner who had owned it since the mid 70’s. it had been sitting in his garage since the early 80’s. the odometer says 33k, and I believe it to be accurate, but I don’t really have any proof, so take it as you will. When I pulled it out of his garage it ran, but barely. I later found out that about 3 lobes on the cam were flat, like he didn’t know he had to adjust the solid lifters. The carb that was on it was also a headache. Due to my lack of experience and not knowing exactly what was wrong with it and not wanting to be guessing I just rebuilt the motor. Tried to keep it mostly stock as to stay with the LT-1 theme so it was built to stock specs with the addition of a crane cam and some portwork to the heads. This was all done about 600 miles ago. In addition to the engine work it also has a new demon 750cfm carb (tuned by Lars) it runs real strong and is pretty quick. It has the m-21 4spd and 3.70 posi rear end. It has power brakes, manual steering, no tilt, and the deluxe interior. In addition to the engine I have replaced the clutch (centerforce II) and the master cylinder, the previous owner told me he did the brakes before it sat, and they look like theres a lot of pad left. The front suspension has also been rebuilt with a van steel poly kit. And it has bilstein shocks all around. The car also has sidepipes on it. I have a lot of boxes in the garage full of all the original parts, including the exhaust manifolds if you ever wanted to switch back to an original exhaust, and all the original underhood chrome pieces.

The interior is in good shape. The leather seats are in good condition except for the drivers side bolster which isn’t ripped, but the round plastic piece that is kind of a trim around the edge of the seat has come apart about 4 inches, I have it covered now by a piece of black tape. The carpet is good, and the original radio works as well. The exterior is in good shape too, it was painted in the 80’s before it sat, and the paint has good coverage, but you can see some swirls and such from a poor prep job, it is about a 5 footer. It is a currently a custom blue color, originally it was Ontario orange. it looks great and runs well.

Bottom line is that the car looks great, runs great and gets attention wherever you take it. It needs a few minor things here and there, but overall it is solid. And I have boxes and boxes full of original parts.

Engine block id codes are:
1zs509351
v0917cky
engine numbers match

car is in Boulder, Colorado

im looking to get 24k firm.

if you have any other questions about it email me or pm me...nicecurves79@yahoo.com

i am currently in the process of getting my friend to host some more pics for me, but in the meantime if you want to see more let me know and i will email them

Last edited by Nefarious LT-1; 07-19-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:18 AM
corvette427
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nefarious LT-1
Its time to sell my 72 LT-1, here are the details...

It is a 72 LT-1, I bought it a little over a year ago. All the numbers match. I bought it from the 2nd owner who had owned it since the mid 70’s. it had been sitting in his garage since the early 80’s. the odometer says 33k, and I believe it to be accurate, but I don’t really have any proof, so take it as you will. When I pulled it out of his garage it ran, but barely. I later found out that about 3 lobes on the cam were flat, like he didn’t know he had to adjust the solid lifters. The carb that was on it was also a headache. Due to my lack of experience and not knowing exactly what was wrong with it and not wanting to be guessing I just rebuilt the motor. Tried to keep it mostly stock as to stay with the LT-1 theme so it was built to stock specs with the addition of a crane cam and some portwork to the heads. This was all done about 600 miles ago. In addition to the engine work it also has a new demon 750cfm carb (tuned by Lars) it runs real strong and is pretty quick. It has the m-21 4spd and 3.70 posi rear end. It has power brakes, manual steering, no tilt, and the deluxe interior. In addition to the engine I have replaced the clutch (centerforce II) and the master cylinder, the previous owner told me he did the brakes before it sat, and they look like theres a lot of pad left. The front suspension has also been rebuilt with a van steel poly kit. And it has bilstein shocks all around. The car also has sidepipes on it. I have a lot of boxes in the garage full of all the original parts, including the exhaust manifolds if you ever wanted to switch back to an original exhaust, and all the original underhood chrome pieces.

The interior is in good shape. The leather seats are in good condition except for the drivers side bolster which isn’t ripped, but the round plastic piece that is kind of a trim around the edge of the seat has come apart about 4 inches, I have it covered now by a piece of black tape. The carpet is good, and the original radio works as well. The exterior is in good shape too, it was painted in the 80’s before it sat, and the paint has good coverage, but you can see some swirls and such from a poor prep job, it is about a 5 footer. It is a currently a custom blue color, originally it was Ontario orange. it looks great and runs well.

Bottom line is that the car looks great, runs great and gets attention wherever you take it. It needs a few minor things here and there, but overall it is solid. And I have boxes and boxes full of original parts.

Engine block id codes are:
1zs509351
v0917cky
all numbers match

car is in Boulder, Colorado

im looking to get 29K, OBO...i need to sell it so if you like it make me an offer.

if you have any other questions about it email me or pm me...nicecurves79@yahoo.com

i am currently in the process of getting my friend to host some more pics for me, but in the meantime if you want to see more let me know and i will email them

Looks like I found my twin (minus the sidepipes)! Nice LT-1 and best of luck with the sale.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Ibuyvettes
Melting Slicks

The round trim around the seats is called piping
Old 05-11-2006, 06:54 PM
bdevil37
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, very nice car, my compliments.

Last edited by bdevil37; 05-11-2006 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:25 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

That picture is absolutely stunning. Are you a professional photographer or just a hobbiest?
Old 05-12-2006, 03:26 AM
jr9170
Race Director

Received 1,069 Likes on 755 Posts

Very Nice...
Old 05-12-2006, 05:40 AM
Bacchus
Safety Car

You say it's original numbers, but has a demon carb on it. Do you have the original, numbers matching carb?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Nefarious LT-1
Instructor

thanks for the positive replies, no i am not a professional photographer but a friend of mine has one of the top of the line digital cameras and i guess you could call him a "semi" professional photographer, he took the pics.

Bacchus-i do not have the original carb, it wasnt on there when i bought it and was one of the few original parts that didnt come in a box along with the car. when i said numbers matching i was refering to the engine being a genuine LT-1 and the motor matching the rest of the car.

i should be able to post some more pics tommorow, but in the meantime keep emailing if you want to see more
Old 05-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Bacchus
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Nefarious LT-1
thanks for the positive replies, no i am not a professional photographer but a friend of mine has one of the top of the line digital cameras and i guess you could call him a "semi" professional photographer, he took the pics.

Bacchus-i do not have the original carb, it wasnt on there when i bought it and was one of the few original parts that didnt come in a box along with the car. when i said numbers matching i was refering to the engine being a genuine LT-1 and the motor matching the rest of the car.

i should be able to post some more pics tommorow, but in the meantime keep emailing if you want to see more
So it's not numbers matching. Okay. Still a nice car.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Nefarious LT-1
Instructor

ok here are the much anticipated (hopefully) pics. if you want any more of any specific area just ask and i will go take them and send them to you...

sorry about the glare on the pics of the interior, it was a sunny morning when i took them...

also, if you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask

Old 05-12-2006, 11:14 PM
MsVetteMan
Melting Slicks

How much? (choking).............

Far from perfect, but nice.......
Old 05-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Nefarious LT-1
Instructor

Originally Posted by MsVetteMan
How much? (choking).............

Far from perfect, but nice.......
never said it was perfect, i know its not a super original LT-1, it has some modifications which i know drives down the price...if my price is high how much is it worth?? ive seen LT-1's selling from like 25-40k depending on condition, which is why i started my price on the lower end of that range. im not trying to rip anybody off here, just make a fair deal. if you like it make me an offer.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:04 AM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacchus
Well, the engine block numbers allegedly match. However, as the seller has described, it has a few non-original items (i.e. side pipes, valve covers, and carb just to name a few).
Old 05-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Nefarious LT-1
Instructor

PRICE REDUCED! 26K OBO. any takers?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:35 AM
TonySinclair
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

And I'm sure you're contemplating purchasing this car, right? Or are you just the NCRS Police...?

Since when is there a VIN stamped on a carburetor?

Tracking down a carb with the correct date stamp isn't a major project, but if the motor, chassis & trans #'s match, it is a number's matching car...everything else is secondary.

Number's correct, no. Number's matching, yes.

Last edited by TonySinclair; 05-19-2006 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Bacchus
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TonySinclair
And I'm sure you're contemplating purchasing this car, right? Or are you just the NCRS Police...?

Since when is there a VIN stamped on a carburetor?

Tracking down a carb with the correct date stamp isn't a major project, but if the motor, chassis & trans #'s match, it is a number's matching car...everything else is secondary.

Number's correct, no. Number's matching, yes.
Numbers matching means that all the numbers match, not just the VIN numbers, but also the date codes, etc. I think it's a good deal, but it's just not a full numbers matching car.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Nefarious LT-1
Instructor

ttt still for sale

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale: 72 LT-1 -great shape

Old 05-24-2006, 07:58 PM
danthony
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Numbers matching means that all the numbers match, not just the VIN numbers, but also the date codes, etc. I think it's a good deal, but it's just not a full numbers matching car.
And it's not priced like a full numbers matching car either.

If it was, he be asking 40k.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Nefarious LT-1
Instructor

ttt
Old 06-01-2006, 11:08 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

..pure and simple.. let me repeat:

If he had invoked my second least favorite expressioon, "ALL NUMBERS MATCH" you might have a case, but he called it "numbers matching" which is the most overused and nonspecific expression around. For me, and I think most, if a car has original vin stamped engine and trans you can get away with calling it "numbers matching." Heck, some people will call a car "numbers matching" because it has the vin derivative stamped on a replacement engine. Would you feel better if he stamped the right numbers on the Demon carb? Where would you draw the line and not let him call it "matching numbers" ? What if the jack is not correctly dated? What if the windshield was replaced with the wrong date? The side mirror? I apologize for this rant which is as out of place in a for sale ad as the original comment that implied the seller had misrepresented his car by calling it "numbers matching."

Quick Reply: For Sale: 72 LT-1 -great shape