Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Halltech's LS900 RACE Filters are finished, finally!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Halltech's LS900 RACE Filters are finished, finally!

This project started last year November, but not in earnest until we vallidated our Low Restriction version of the LS7 Filter for the stock Z06AIS (Air Intake System)

We don't make any outrageous claims here, just the facts mame. Katech Engines got 2 HP and 2 ft. lbs more on their atmoshpereic controled engine dyno (peak vs. peak) but at 6950 rpm, there was a full 6 HP more with the Halltech RACE Filter than the stock Donaldson PowerCore filter.

ORDER here: http://www.corvettec5.com/store/?pag...ae2675c9cb237d

In their last dyno session they bumped the horsepower on their customer's motor from 623 to 640 HP. I have not heard if the bigger numbers included a bump from the Halltech RACE filter or not.

Lou G. told me he saw 7 RWHP on his high flow LS7 motor application.

Our dyno numbers, on a day that had no correction factors kicking in showed 3 RWHP on a tuned Z06 (ours) with our High FLow Z06 PowerCore Filter, bumping the tuned hp from 477 RWHP/448 tq.
to 480 RWHP/448 ft. lbs. torque. Again, this was under controlled dyno testing by an independant dyno facility, with Donaldson in attendance.

The bottom line: Tuning and our High Flow LS900 should net 480 RWHP/448 ft. lbs. with no problems, assuming your tuning is done by Halltech.

I would expect that the Air Charger would bring cooler ambient air into the picture and be part of your stretch to 500 RWHP. Ethanol fuel seems to accentuate the surging sensation from the Air charger, but possibly someone with the time to write a MAF program with the Tech 2/CANdi onboard (Halltech) could overcome this anomoly.

The last ingredient is a high flow header system by LG Motorsports.

We had a report by one shop in Las Vegas that claimed 505/464 with just our ECM tuning and headers. I did not get the dyno from them to back this claim up, but it seemed legit. Air fuel ratios were dead nuts on 13:1, even though we sent the same dyno tuned parameters we did on our Z06, with slight adjustments for their fuel.

We have 107 filters nearly finished. Just waiting for the rubber seal to be applied, and shipping to us from Michigan. The filters are $199.00 and never need replacing. Katech, LG Motorsports have endorsed the Halltech LS900, for those wishing to bring this monster motor even more airflow.

One more thing. We have two tricks up our sleeves for the LS7 AIS that we have done for better airflow since our initial dyno testing. We will share those with all those that purchase our LS900 filter. Donaldson Company test results:
http://www.corvettels7.com/Z06%20Res...h%20labels.pdf

To order: http://www.corvettec5.com/store/?pag...ae2675c9cb237d

Last edited by Halltech; 05-09-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Z-Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim that's great news When should all those who have ordered there filter be expecting them?

Will those 2 Tips be shipped with the filters?

Also does your tune eliminate the Surging & Bucking effect?
Old 05-08-2006, 10:40 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Cool Jim. I think you are dead on, the LS900 filter would be a prefect match for the Air-Charger. And yes, certain fuels do tend to create a little bucking when the air-charger is introduced. However, tuning eliminates any driveability anomaly right away!

We are planning to go back to the track in two weeks with a new clutch, some shoes and possibly NOS in an attempt to break into the nines. As I mentioned on a previous thread, I removed the stock filter at the track, but it seemed to create way too much turbulence as the Air-Charger allowed for more air. I think your filter is the answer to my prayers!

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Z-Jay
Jim that's great news When should all those who have ordered there filter be expecting them?

Will those 2 Tips be shipped with the filters?

Also does your tune eliminate the Surging & Bucking effect?
I will send the tips with the filter. There is NO surging with our new filter at all. ZERO.

What I was referring to, is the comments that I have seen here and those that I have fielded regarding the new Air Charger system. I cannot provide a fix until I have one to work with.

ORDER HERE http://www.corvettec5.com/store/?pag...ae2675c9cb237d

Last edited by Halltech; 05-09-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Cool Jim. I think you are dead on, the LS900 filter would be a prefect match for the Air-Charger. And yes, certain fuels do tend to create a little bucking when the air-charger is introduced. However, tuning eliminates any driveability anomaly right away!

We are planning to go back to the track in two weeks with a new clutch, some shoes and possibly NOS in an attempt to break into the nines. As I mentioned on a previous thread, I removed the stock filter at the track, but it seemed to create way too much turbulence as the Air-Charger allowed for more air. I think your filter is the answer to my prayers!

Thanks.
The PowerCore filter provides some straightening of the airflow, but just about any change in the flow to the mouth of the filter causes this effect.

Experiment for those that have the time: Take off your intake, remove the gasket at the front of the hood of the intake and reinstall it.

Go for a drive and report back. My guess is that your drive will be limited to about 5 miles before you decide that the surging and severe bucking is unbearable. This occurs just from allowing the airflow from the NACA duct to disturb the flow to the filter inlet.

Jim

Old 05-08-2006, 01:00 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Hall
The PowerCore filter provides some straightening of the airflow, but just about any change in the flow to the mouth of the filter causes this effect.

Experiment for those that have the time: Take off your intake, remove the gasket at the front of the hood of the intake and reinstall it.

Go for a drive and report back. My guess is that your drive will be limited to about 5 miles before you decide that the surging and severe bucking is unbearable. This occurs just from allowing the airflow from the NACA duct to disturb the flow to the filter inlet.

Jim
Correct Jim, I also tried that late last year and I lost a tooth filling. I then installed the Air-Charger, allow for learning time (150 miles or so) and no bucking! I then had a tune done and all kinds of other power were obtained, and to this day...NO BUCKING with the Air-Charger in place. But once I removed the filter at the track, the bucking came back at part throttle. Once at WOT, nothing was detected and the car trapped 130mph!

I think close to the same performance can be had with your hi-flow filter in place matched with the Air-Charger, and with out the techno party driveablility at part throttle.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Z-Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim When should all those who have ordered there filter be expecting them?
Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Thanks
They will be here by the 15th, then shipped to everyone who has preordered first. FIFO.

BTW. Anthony of LG Motorsports corrected my dyno numbers posted above. He got 8 RWHP, with just the filter swap on their cammed motor, with their headers and tuning.

Jim

Old 05-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

They will be here by the 15th, then shipped to everyone who has preordered first. FIFO.

BTW. Anthony of LG Motorsports corrected my dyno numbers posted above. He got 8 RWHP, with just the filter swap on their cammed motor, with their headers and tuning.

Jim

Here is the LG Dyno promised:

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 05-09-2006, 10:25 PM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

This project started last year November, but not in earnest until we vallidated our Low Restriction version of the LS7 Filter for the stock Z06AIS (Air Intake System)

We don't make any outrageous claims here, just the facts mame. Katech Engines got 2 HP and 2 ft. lbs more on their atmoshpereic controled engine dyno (peak vs. peak) but at 6950 rpm, there was a full 6 HP more with the Halltech RACE Filter than the stock Donaldson PowerCore filter.

ORDER here: http://www.corvettec5.com/store/?pag...ae2675c9cb237d

In their last dyno session they bumped the horsepower on their customer's motor from 623 to 640 HP. I have not heard if the bigger numbers included a bump from the Halltech RACE filter or not.

Lou G. told me he saw 7 RWHP on his high flow LS7 motor application.

Our dyno numbers, on a day that had no correction factors kicking in showed 3 RWHP on a tuned Z06 (ours) with our High FLow Z06 PowerCore Filter, bumping the tuned hp from 477 RWHP/448 tq.
to 480 RWHP/448 ft. lbs. torque. Again, this was under controlled dyno testing by an independant dyno facility, with Donaldson in attendance.

The bottom line: Tuning and our High Flow LS900 should net 480 RWHP/448 ft. lbs. with no problems, assuming your tuning is done by Halltech.

I would expect that the Air Charger would bring cooler ambient air into the picture and be part of your stretch to 500 RWHP. Ethanol fuel seems to accentuate the surging sensation from the Air charger, but possibly someone with the time to write a MAF program with the Tech 2/CANdi onboard (Halltech) could overcome this anomoly.

The last ingredient is a high flow header system by LG Motorsports.

We had a report by one shop in Las Vegas that claimed 505/464 with just our ECM tuning and headers. I did not get the dyno from them to back this claim up, but it seemed legit. Air fuel ratios were dead nuts on 13:1, even though we sent the same dyno tuned parameters we did on our Z06, with slight adjustments for their fuel.

We have 107 filters nearly finished. Just waiting for the rubber seal to be applied, and shipping to us from Michigan. The filters are $199.00 and never need replacing. Katech, LG Motorsports have endorsed the Halltech LS900, for those wishing to bring this monster motor even more airflow.

One more thing. We have two tricks up our sleeves for the LS7 AIS that we have done for better airflow since our initial dyno testing. We will share those with all those that purchase our LS900 filter. Donaldson Company test results:
http://www.corvettels7.com/Z06%20Res...h%20labels.pdf

To order: http://www.corvettec5.com/store/?pag...ae2675c9cb237d

I need one of these right now because Carolina Automasters is tuning my car this weekend. Is there any way I acould get a prototype now?
Old 05-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

There were only four handmade in the world and they are in Z06s/

We are getting close to delivery. Next week by the 15th we should see our first 100 filters. They are almost all spoken for, but we'll be making more immediately for June delivery.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech's LS900 RACE Filters are finished, finally!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Halltech's LS900 RACE Filters are finished, finally!