Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

I'm getting even closer (Lots of pic.)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 09:49 PM
wiz1500
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm getting even closer (Lots of pic.)

Keith PodolanMy computer is not letting me see the last page of my old thread, I hope I didn't where out my welcome here... so I will try to open a new one for you guy's.. This is the link to the old thread. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1283185
I hope this works.
On with the new..
I got the crossover mounts made up and welded to day.. Let's have a look at how that went shall we.....

The mounts for the big D-9's

The mounts for the D-6's being made up.

even though this is all free hand (if you will) I'm still trying to make things as square as possible. even though it's real hard to pick out little imperfections when it's in the car...

Jazzy say's it look's good. Nike in the back ground could care less.

I think I like the way they came out.
It is what the little man in my head told me it should look like...

Last edited by wiz1500; 04-27-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:07 PM
DoubleZ06
Pro

Looking good so far...
Old 04-23-2006, 10:08 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

lookin great man
Old 04-23-2006, 11:03 PM
wiz1500
Pro

Thank's guy's I no that the hard top mount looks like it's in the way from this angle but it's not that bad when your standing square to the back. I will let you all in on a little secret........I have been throwing the mounts through a cad program and I have permission to use the CNC at work........ I digitized them on a zisu last week so I have all my points in 3-D........I am trying to come up with a crazzzzzy looking mount but I have to keep in mind that this is a vett not an import tuner....
Old 04-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Duramax Dave
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The crossover mounts are looking neat. That thing will be crazy looking when it's all done.

Seeing the stuff you are doing is making me want to get a welder so I can trick out my install when I get to doing it.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:17 PM
straightrunning
Instructor

What are you going to do with the metal once your finished? Just leave it or get it powder coated or something? sorry if you mentioned this in one of your other threads but I forgot what you said if you did, hehe
Old 04-24-2006, 09:12 PM
wiz1500
Pro

Originally Posted by straightrunning
What are you going to do with the metal once your finished? Just leave it or get it powder coated or something? sorry if you mentioned this in one of your other threads but I forgot what you said if you did, hehe
The plan is to go over the whole rack and make sure all welds are complete. I am going to cap all box tubes and then add some (artsy) holes through the hole thing. After that I will led all imperfections and welds to make the rack as smooth as possible...Why led WIZ? Is that what you thought??????? Well because led melts at 620ish' F and the powder coat comes in at 350ish' F. You hit the nail on the head, It will be powdered..I'm not sure if it will be flat black, satin or what...
Buy the way straightrunning I dig your Avatar..

Last edited by wiz1500; 04-24-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:06 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

great fab work!!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:02 AM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is really great. have you thought about accent lighting for that yet? i bet you can get really creative with some spills of light from diffused leds!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:55 AM
straightrunning
Instructor

Originally Posted by wiz1500
The plan is to go over the whole rack and make sure all welds are complete. I am going to cap all box tubes and then add some (artsy) holes through the hole thing. After that I will led all imperfections and welds to make the rack as smooth as possible...Why led WIZ? Is that what you thought??????? Well because led melts at 620ish' F and the powder coat comes in at 350ish' F. You hit the nail on the head, It will be powdered..I'm not sure if it will be flat black, satin or what...
Buy the way straightrunning I dig your Avatar..

sounds totally sweet, gawww man not being able to work on my car is driving me nuts, haha. thx for the comment about my avatar, i took that picture with my cell phone, haha it just happened to come out really cool
Old 06-22-2006, 12:23 PM
wiz1500
Pro

I'm back..... Sorry about the delay...We went on vacation and my puter took a dump and my dog ate my home work and.........Ok done with the excuses... Thanks to all that E-mailed about how the car is coming... lets see where we are now.

There was slight interference between the new sun sheilds and the top locks so I maid some al. spacers...
Next we started back in on my A-pilers.......

If we look back you will see that I had mounted them flush and they didn't fit......now they are raised up

This is the back side....lots of room now..

recovered and ready to go in....

YEEEE HAAAAA they work.....finaly
Back to the metal working bench

I need to make a mount for my cap.

I'm happy with it it will be cool....
So I was looking at where I was going to mount my rear tweet's. My buddy chris sez why not on axis over head........

I think lets do it.....I give the go a head and he starts throughing down.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Duramax Dave
Pro

Holy cow Wiz....looking good. I think that tweeter mount in the A-pillar looks like it could be stock. (Probably should be stock so that people's legs don't cover the highs).

Thanks for sending an update out for everyone
Old 06-22-2006, 12:54 PM
wiz1500
Pro

And through down he did.....This guy is amazing with in an hour he took my over head and had it ready to be covered

I did help......I was the beer runner.........

I have to thank chris for all his help with this car. He is the master....

OK on to the next thing ......I am using IXOS 1-0 flat wire for my main power. Well because me and only maybe two other fools in the world use this stuff they are no longer making it or the supporting hardware....Well when I did my layout I over looked my 200 amp relay In the rear, so I am two conectors short..No one can find any....Sooooo Off to the tool room I go.

This is the one from IXOS

And these are the two that Dave Gedvilas designed and cut on his MAZAK........HOLY CRAP Thats what I say.......I just found me a new cnc guy..........
So my buddy call's and tells my that the Vertical Door kit that he bought for his vert will not work...I said why? He said because of the body kit he put on there wood be too much cutting in the fender...I said how much do you want? He said let my get them back off and we will work something out.......OK........
so out to the grage me and Kasey go..

All radio stuff out of the way and to work I put her......What child labor laws?....

Both fenders are off and now and I wait.......

Last edited by wiz1500; 06-22-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:05 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wiz1500
that looks really awesome!
Old 06-22-2006, 01:35 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

everything is looking really awesome, great job and you keep coming with more surprises
Old 06-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Duramax Dave
Pro

That is turning out to be a wicked car. And I can only imaging what other suprises you will share with us. I mean out of nowhere you pick up a Vertical Door Kit.

Keep up the good work. I think I'm living vicariously through these posts on CF.com.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:44 PM
mfi
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

What did you recover the pillars with...and whats the best way.

Get notified of new replies

To I'm getting even closer (Lots of pic.)

Old 06-23-2006, 02:43 AM
wiz1500
Pro

Originally Posted by mfi
What did you recover the pillars with...and whats the best way.
mfi
We used vinyl. Do not use leather we all want too, but let me tell ya it looks like poop every time...You can get it to match your year and color perfectly....to do the job you have to have the right glue it's 3-m trim glue and it only comes in 5 gallons. It's not the same as the stuff in the spray can.....trust me ......and you will need a good heat gun....and then you should try wrapping some old mdf that is laying around and then some old interior pieces and then some more old pieces......you get the pic.... It is not an easy thing to do I still don't do my vette stuff I let my boy Chris handle it he is the Pro.....LIKE WE DIDN'T NO THAT.....
Old 06-23-2006, 02:47 AM
wiz1500
Pro

OK here are the first pic. of the doors........

I'm I on cloud nine or what????????????????
I still think i'm dreaming..........
Old 06-23-2006, 03:00 AM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Wow is all I can say you do some awesome fab work man I am very envious

Quick Reply: I'm getting even closer (Lots of pic.)