C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

I Love Efi!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 02:13 AM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Default I Love Efi!

No more float bowls, no more jets. Just drive down the road and program out any inconsistensies and set it for econ or perform, even in the same program, run lean closed loop on cruise, richen up and open loop on accel.

The EFI I am using even is self learning, sort of a Heuristically programmed, Algorithmic, Logrithmic type of brain. It takes the MAP,and compares it to what is desireable as far as lean/rich and makes changes to the program within certain limits, and stores these changes.

Real time data logging so you can see if you are running too rich/lean under certain throttle/temp/altitude conditions, and just go in and make the necessary MAP changes.

It is a MEFI 4b, as used on the newer ramjet FI units,and now there is software that one can buy to tweak it, rather than having to deal with sendign the brain back to GM.

Nice software, windows based, drop down list, etc. Isn't cheap,and each software is keycoded to ONE MEFI, so you can't buy one software and reprogram every MEFI in town, but it is user friendly.

Doug
Old 03-03-2006, 07:29 AM
HouTex1964Vert
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which system did you use?
Old 03-03-2006, 08:13 AM
cbernhardt
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 454 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by AZDoug
....It is a MEFI 4b, as used on the newer ramjet FI units,and now there is software that one can buy to tweak it, rather than having to deal with sendign the brain back to GM.

Nice software, windows based, drop down list, etc. Isn't cheap,and each software is keycoded to ONE MEFI, so you can't buy one software and reprogram every MEFI in town, but it is user friendly.

Doug
I just bought the GM MEFI4 upgrade for my Ram Jet 350. I too would be very interested in knowing who makes a programmer for this system.

Charles
Old 03-03-2006, 10:01 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

EFI is the only way to go!!!

Old 03-03-2006, 10:21 AM
AZDoug
Race Director

2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by HouTex1964Vert
Which system did you use?
MEFI 4b.

It is a GM (Delphi) brain,as used on the GM Ramjet engines. It is designed for Marine/underhood use, so you don't have to stuff the computer in the passenger compartment someplace

The manifolld is a Edelbrock Victor Jr that was modified by adding injectors. I went with that rather than a ramjet, as The Ramjet supposedly isn't as good over 5000 RPM as I woudl like, as told to me by two different EFI people.

Doug
Old 03-03-2006, 11:13 AM
cbernhardt
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 454 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

MEFI 4b.
It is a GM (Delphi) brain,as used on the GM Ramjet engines. It is designed for Marine/underhood use, so you don't have to stuff the computer in the passenger compartment someplace
Doug
So what software/interface are you using to program the MEFI4 computer? I have the Ram Jet system but, from what I have been told, it is not user programmable. I know that Arizona Speed and Marine can program the chip, but you have to send it to them. Where did you purchase your "GM Delphi (brain)"? Does your's have a GM part number? Just curious to see if it is the same as mine.
Charles
Old 03-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Corbrastang
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear ya doug!!! This guy makes an awesome system that requires no programming. Customer service is second to none.
www.qualityroadsters.com
His name is Chris Richards
click on mass flo systems onthe webpage
Old 03-03-2006, 12:44 PM
swissie
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 33 Posts

MEFI 4b.

The manifolld is a Edelbrock Victor Jr that was modified by adding injectors. I went with that rather than a ramjet, as The Ramjet supposedly isn't as good over 5000 RPM as I woudl like, as told to me by two different EFI people.

Doug
How much did you spend on this set-up?
Old 03-03-2006, 03:14 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by swissie
yes...enquiring minds want to know....
Old 03-03-2006, 03:24 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

see my posting on this thread....anyone have experience with this kind of set up?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...223&forum_id=4
Old 03-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Wilkinshc
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cbernhardt
So what software/interface are you using to program the MEFI4 computer? I have the Ram Jet system but, from what I have been told, it is not user programmable. I know that Arizona Speed and Marine can program the chip, but you have to send it to them. Where did you purchase your "GM Delphi (brain)"? Does your's have a GM part number? Just curious to see if it is the same as mine.
Charles

Like the rest have been asking, what software/interface are you using to prgoram the MEFI4 computer? I have not heard of any end user programs available to tune them in. LET US KNOW

Chuck
Old 03-03-2006, 05:35 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by cbernhardt
Charles
Arizona Speed and Marine hired a GM programmer to write a program code for the MEFI box. It allows users to program their EFI system. Note it isn't cheep, figure $600 plus, with cables, etc. Call ASM.

As far as the other system, any pre programmed EFI will work for whatever generic engine is was designed for, but it won't be as efficient or deliver the HP that a custom programmed box will. If you are just cruisin' the burger joint, it is probably fine, if you want your 327 to shut down the Dodge Viper, it probably isn't.

I don't have the part # in front of me, it is in my file someplace, got it from ASM.

Doug
Old 03-03-2006, 05:45 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by swissie
IIRC, about $3500 for parts, including manifold modifications, throttle body new distrib, coil, injectors, fuel pump, pressure regulator, lines, fuel rails, ECU, wiring harness, temp sensors, MAP sensor, anti knock sensor, O2 sensor, etc. The air cleaner and plenum was extra. I could ahve gotten an Accel system cheaper, but its ECU brian isn't a dynamic learner, plus I wanted to use the victor JR manifold

Doug

Get notified of new replies

To I Love Efi!

Quick Reply: I Love Efi!