Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Menzerna - 1 Water Spots -0

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 06:59 PM
chuckster
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Menzerna - 1 Water Spots -0

Ok I'm still on the Intensive polish. I had to do the hood 3 or 4 times.. I have 99% of the etching spots removed... Menzerna ROCKS!!!
The Car looks better now than it did when it was DELIVERED!!!! and I have not even gotten to the Final Polish II or the Zaino!

So I continued to do the rest of the car with Intensive Polish.. I still have one door and one quater panel to go before I can go to FPII .It is VERY TIme consuming but very Satisfying.. I am pretty **** but I am making decisions along the way deciding which areas are worth going over 4 and 5 times..

If I was getting $40/hour doing this, I'd make over $700 bucks in a weekend.. And still barely be finished..

Thanks to all who helped me decide what to get.. Especially Bugman, Agentf1 and ZaneO
Old 02-25-2006, 08:17 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a reason why Menzerna polishes are my favorite

Don't forget to post up when you're finished.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:56 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I loves my menzerna too.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:57 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

I am glad to hear it is working out for you. Yes Menzerna polishes are one of the best. A few coats of Zaino and you are going to be cruisin.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:54 PM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Just don't forget to polish your oil drain plug -a frequently neglected part of professional detailing.

JUST KIDDING --- You're scaring me, Chuckster -- Have you eaten or taken a P in the last 3 days? Perhaps I can recommend some proper psychiatric medication for you

Pics Please
Old 02-26-2006, 09:05 AM
chuckster
Race Director

Originally Posted by bugman
Just don't forget to polish your oil drain plug -a frequently neglected part of professional detailing.

JUST KIDDING --- You're scaring me, Chuckster -- Have you eaten or taken a P in the last 3 days? Perhaps I can recommend some proper psychiatric medication for you

Pics Please

Stopped for Bio Breaks... but no food till about 8pm last night...

I got addicted! It's like.. hmmm I bet one more pass would do it....

I need to get a car cover for it till I finish.... Cause It's gonna take the rest of the week a few hours after work.. But just sitting in my garage, I get dust and debris and I do not want to rub that into the paint..

Also I plan to power wash the car and wash it fully before I Zaino... I need to blast that white chalk out of some of the crevases..

She is looking great. though.. I will post pics!!
Old 02-26-2006, 10:06 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Pics Please
Don't kid Bugman, if they are made out of brass they polish up very nicely.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:24 AM
chuckster
Race Director

Originally Posted by agentf1
Don't kid Bugman, if they are made out of brass they polish up very nicely.
Never polished my Drain Plug, but I have polished my Bayonet a few times
Old 02-26-2006, 10:37 AM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

you guys are really disturbed....
Old 02-26-2006, 11:28 AM
chuckster
Race Director

you guys are really disturbed....
I am moving up to the white pad and FPII today
Old 02-26-2006, 11:36 AM
C6this
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, witht he menzerna, once you finsih using the intesive and the final, will washing take off what you have done or does it always stay that good unless you scracth the paint some more?
Old 02-26-2006, 12:40 PM
chuckster
Race Director

Originally Posted by C6this
Hey guys, witht he menzerna, once you finsih using the intesive and the final, will washing take off what you have done or does it always stay that good unless you scracth the paint some more?

Good Question!! I want to know too.. I plan to do a power wash to blast away the white powder residue and wash it once more with dawn..
Old 02-26-2006, 04:05 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Menzerna polishes have no significant fillers, so what you see is what you get. If swirling/marring appears...you just put it there.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:43 PM
C6this
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, so basically if you use the menzerna and it removes the scratches......they are gone until you accidently make some more scratches? The menzerna doesnt just fill your scracthes but fixes them I am assuming?
Old 02-26-2006, 09:45 PM
gmblack3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C6this
Cool, so basically if you use the menzerna and it removes the scratches......they are gone until you accidently make some more scratches? The menzerna doesnt just fill your scracthes but fixes them I am assuming?
Yes Menzerna will fix not fill.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:13 PM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

yep.

You're not filling the swirls, you're actually rounding them off and making them less reflective, probably sanding them down to a small extent.

also, I know some guys wipe off with isopropyl alcohol before applying Zaino, but I've never done that. I just wipe off the residue with a cotton towel, sometimes slightly dampened. Then go right ahead with Z5.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:53 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckster
Ok I'm still on the Intensive polish. I had to do the hood 3 or 4 times.. I have 99% of the etching spots removed... Menzerna ROCKS!!!
The Car looks better now than it did when it was DELIVERED!!!! and I have not even gotten to the Final Polish II or the Zaino!

So I continued to do the rest of the car with Intensive Polish.. I still have one door and one quater panel to go before I can go to FPII .It is VERY TIme consuming but very Satisfying.. I am pretty **** but I am making decisions along the way deciding which areas are worth going over 4 and 5 times..

If I was getting $40/hour doing this, I'd make over $700 bucks in a weekend.. And still barely be finished..

Thanks to all who helped me decide what to get.. Especially Bugman, Agentf1 and ZaneO
Did you have to use alot of muscle to get the waterspots/scratches n swirls out?

Get notified of new replies

To Menzerna - 1 Water Spots -0

Old 02-27-2006, 12:59 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Menzerna polishes have no significant fillers, so what you see is what you get. If swirling/marring appears...you just put it there.
The Intensive Polish didn't get rid of the swirls should I go up to the Power Gloss? Or Meguire's Scratch X?
Old 02-27-2006, 10:13 AM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LS WON
The Intensive Polish didn't get rid of the swirls should I go up to the Power Gloss? Or Meguire's Scratch X?
How are you using it?
Old 02-27-2006, 10:32 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by LS WON
Power Gloss and ScratchX are on oppisite ends of the spectrum when it comes to abrasiveness. ScratchX is even milder than FPII and contains a lot of oils that hides scratches but really does not do much in the way of removing anything in my opinion.

How bad are your swirls? And as Zane asked what method are you using. I think I would stick with the IP and maybe just get more aggressive with your method or pad. Power Gloss is a pretty aggressive compound.

Quick Reply: Menzerna - 1 Water Spots -0