C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poll:How Many '06 dead batteries so far?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Default How many '06 dead batteries so far?

Only vote if you have an '06 C6.

Last edited by Hoonose; 02-04-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:11 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 509 Likes on 293 Posts

whups pressed the wrong vote button yes I have had a mn6 o6 dead battery
Old 02-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Originally Posted by dashotgun
whups pressed the wrong vote button yes I have had a mn6 o6 dead battery
No biggie.
I wonder if there's a way to edit or change that vote....
Old 02-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

What?
No DBS to report?
Old 02-04-2006, 06:52 PM
z06monster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to GM, its operator error. The C6 is flawless.

Old 02-04-2006, 07:57 PM
DANNOV
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hoonose
You are starting this again, even after that huge meaningless DBS discussion, which I thought once and for all ended yesterday. No doubt after this survey is over, you will conclude that 25% of all 2005 MN6's have a battery problem and it is directly traceable to the dreaded DBS. You have plunged off the deep end once more.

The info you get from this poll will be useless bscause you will certainly get responses from people with problems and most of us who do not have battery problems will likely ignore the invitation to submit a response.

Please don't do a repitition of your last statistical analysis. If you get X number of positive responses, what will it mean? You will likely extrapolate it into some ridiculous conclusion. DO NOT DO AN ANALYSIS OF THESE NUMBERS, YOU ARE A STATISTICAL DUNCE.

Hoonose, you have DBS, I will let you figure out what that means. Hint: "B" does not = Battery

For those of you who do not understand what I am driving at with this post, allow me to clarify the matter. Hoonse has stated in another post yesterday, that "25-30% of all 2005 MN6 cars have been affected with DBS" (Dead Battery Syndrome). This amounts to about 5,000 cars and it is a stupid conclusion that is completely unsupported by the facts. But he likes to play with the numbers and he seems to want to turn small problems into what appear to be crisis problems.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:02 PM
DANNOV
Burning Brakes

DSOM Z51
Where are you, Noonse is trying to do some kind of comparison between the 2005 and 2006 battery problems. I don't trust Hoonse with numbers, I bet he can't even balance his checkbook.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DANNOV
DSOM Z51
Where are you, Noonse is trying to do some kind of comparison between the 2005 and 2006 battery problems. I don't trust Hoonse with numbers, I bet he can't even balance his checkbook.
Ease up fella!
The point is to show that are few battery problems in '06's.

And I haven't used a checkbook in many years.
There's no point, as she spends it quicker than I can deposit it!
Old 02-04-2006, 08:18 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Hoonose
You are starting this again, even after that huge meaningless DBS discussion, which I thought once and for all ended yesterday. No doubt after this survey is over, you will conclude that 25% of all 2005 MN6's have a battery problem and it is directly traceable to the dreaded DBS. You have plunged off the deep end once more.

The info you get from this poll will be useless bscause you will certainly get responses from people with problems and most of us who do not have battery problems will likely ignore the invitation to submit a response.

Please don't do a repitition of your last statistical analysis. If you get X number of positive responses, what will it mean? You will likely extrapolate it into some ridiculous conclusion. DO NOT DO AN ANALYSIS OF THESE NUMBERS, YOU ARE A STATISTICAL DUNCE.

Hoonose, you have DBS, I will let you figure out what that means. Hint: "B" does not = Battery

For those of you who do not understand what I am driving at with this post, allow me to clarify the matter. Hoonse has stated in another post yesterday, that "25-30% of all 2005 MN6 cars have been affected with DBS" (Dead Battery Syndrome). This amounts to about 5,000 cars and it is a stupid conclusion that is completely unsupported by the facts. But he likes to play with the numbers and he seems to want to turn small problems into what appear to be crisis problems.

But I say let him go. Its really pathetic when you think about it. He has spent countless hours and energy trying to convince himself and others that "Dead Battery Syndrome" is a crisis of gargantuan proportions.

He has been here and on Digital Corvettes discussing this "issue".

DBS in '05s is being recognized for what it is. PBS. ....Plain BS.

Sure, there are people whose batteries have died inexplicably. But many if not most of those instances can be attributed to improper shut down of the car, bad battery from the factory, aftermarket equipment such as radar detectors, cell phones, etc.

But I say let him go.

With him spearheading the campaign , with ridiculous, implausable, tall tales and ideas about some strange anomoly called "DBS" effecting 1/4 to 1/3 of all '05 manual C6 Vettes, this "dead battery syndrome" BS will take it's rightful place on the credibility list.

Right under alien abductions, Bigfoot and the Cyclops.

He will conduct another poll and Hoonose. From this one he may be able to conclude that there is life on Mars.

So I say let him go.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 02-04-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:25 PM
mikeyc6
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good thread. Let's keep it alive so we can get a handle on the true number of 06 battery failures. I have yet to see a "true" case of DBS (as we defined it for the 05's) in an 06 but there have been a handful of dead batteries. I think those have been for other non-DBS reasons in the 06's though.

Mike
Old 02-04-2006, 08:31 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyc6
Good thread. Let's keep it alive so we can get a handle on the true number of 06 battery failures. I have yet to see a "true" case of DBS (as we defined it for the 05's) in an 06 but there have been a handful of dead batteries. I think those have been for other non-DBS reasons in the 06's though.

Mike
"as we defined it for the 05's"????

That "definition" is a joke.

According to some, DBS can "only" affect '05 manuals because of how " we defined it for the 05's"

That definition is a joke.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1553802590

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1553805206

As such an '06 with a battery as dead as Richard Pryor could not have had an occurence of "DBS" for the simple reason that it is not an '05..

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 02-04-2006 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:38 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 163 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I know the battery supplier and dead batteries on the 06 is only a small percentage of 05.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:44 PM
troy144
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Originally Posted by timd38
I know the battery supplier and dead batteries on the 06 is only a small percentage of 05.
Interesting.
Can you get more data or information from the supplier for us?
Maybe some more specific numbers for each year, or per car sold.
Or even maybe MN6 vs automatic battery replacement percentage for each year.
Those numbers would be very helpful.
Thanks!
Old 02-04-2006, 08:46 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 163 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Hoonose
Interesting.
Can you get more data or information from the supplier for us?
Maybe some more specific numbers for each year, or per car sold.
Or even maybe MN6 vs automatic battery replacement percentage for each year.
Those numbers would be very helpful.
Thanks!
Manual is about 10 times higher.....in 05, the same in 06 (AT or Manual).

Like they say, never buy a first year model, GM keeps validating why.

Last edited by timd38; 02-04-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:48 PM
78PC
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 05 Dbs

Originally Posted by DSOM Z51
But I say let him go. Its really pathetic when you think about it. He has spent countless hours and energy trying to convince himself and others that "Dead Battery Syndrome" is a crisis of gargantuan proportions.

He has been here and on Digital Corvettes discussing this "issue".

DBS in '05s is being recognized for what it is. PBS. ....Plain BS.

Sure, there are people whose batteries have died inexplicably. But many if not most of those instances can be attributed to improper shut down of the car, bad battery from the factory, aftermarket equipment such as radar detectors, cell phones, etc.

But I say let him go.

With him spearheading the campaign , with ridiculous, implausable, tall tales and ideas about some strange anomoly called "DBS" effecting 1/4 to 1/3 of all '05 manual C6 Vettes, this "dead battery syndrome" BS will take it's rightful place on the credibility list.

Right under alien abductions, Bigfoot and the Cyclops.

He will conduct another poll and Hoonose. From this one he may be able to conclude that there is life on Mars.

So I say let him go.
My 3 DBS episodes had nothing to do with improper shutdown. It had more to do with poor design or faulty parts! I doubt that most cases of DBS can be attributed to improper shutdown. Most vet owners ago overboard they are so ****. That sounds like GM's explanation. There is a problem and it's unlikely a dealership will solve the problem. I'm the fool for running off and buying a new design in the first year.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 78PC
My 3 DBS episodes had nothing to do with improper shutdown. It had more to do with poor design or faulty parts! I doubt that most cases of DBS can be attributed to improper shutdown. Most vet owners ago overboard they are so ****. That sounds like GM's explanation. There is a problem and it's unlikely a dealership will solve the problem. I'm the fool for running off and buying a new design in the first year.
Well let's hope all will be golden and they'll come up with a solution soon!

Get notified of new replies

To Poll:How Many '06 dead batteries so far?

Old 02-04-2006, 09:05 PM
DANNOV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 78PC
78PC
Yes, there probably is a 2005 DBS problem; but Noonse is claiming that 25-30% of all 2005 MN6 cars have experienced DBS, that is about 5,000 cars. That number of cars is huge! You have to look at his other posts to see that claim. He has no numbers to back up his estimate. Noonose has DBS on the brain, and he can't let this go, and go onto other things, and he can't admit that he has overestimated the extent of the problem. Kind of like an obsession with DBS.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

78PC
Yes, there probably is a 2005 DBS problem; but Noonse is claiming that 25-30% of all 2005 MN6 cars have experienced DBS, that is about 5,000 cars. That number of cars is huge! You have to look at his other posts to see that claim. He has no numbers to back up his estimate. Noonose has DBS on the brain, and he can't let this go, and go onto other things, and he can't admit that he has overestimated the extent of the problem. Kind of like an obsession with DBS.
Are you reading timd38's posts above?
Old 02-04-2006, 09:36 PM
DANNOV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hoonose
Are you reading timd38's posts above?
So what? I am not saying there is no DBS problem. I am just saying that your 25% to 30% est is stupid and is not justified. Just admit that you pulled the 25% to 30% est out of your butt and we will be friends.

Quick Reply: Poll:How Many '06 dead batteries so far?