C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Hey guys, Dynaspark here

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 09:18 AM
DYNASPARK
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys, Dynaspark here

I just wanted to update you on a few things, first of all, the transition of the business is going smoothly. We are getting things done, however it is taking longer than we would like. There is no one to blame for this, this is just how it works.
We are continuing to build and sell distributors during this time however payment is restricted right now to COD and M/O or personal checks. We appreciate everyone's patience with this and look forward to working with you in the future. We have high expectations for this business and we are dedicated to providing you with excellent service. If you have any questions please call us, or reply to this thread. Also, due to the fact that we have a lot going on right now with trying to get this started we may not always be able to answer the phone, but if you leave a message we will return your call.
Eric -260-557-8010
Zach - 260-341-2200
Old 01-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Welcome aboard Hope you have many years of successful business.We have a few of us dynaspark users around here
Old 01-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

How much will you charge for the dynaspark?

Summit Lists MSD's opti at $499.99 with a $50.00 instant rebate.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Redeasysport
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by Bluewasp

Gee lets get right to the hard questions.Remember that price does not include a rebuild service.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:59 PM
DYNASPARK
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bluewasp

hey bluewasp, thanks for your interest... regarding the price, we haven't decided to make any changes from what DTE has it at, as far as parts and labor goes it is very fair.
I haven't personally inspected an MSD opti however ive seen pictures and read about it. They have mad a valient attempt at designing a new distributor. Before i go in to this i am not saying anything bad about MSD, im simply stating my observations about their product in comparison with ours.

They(MSD) changed the optical sensor completely, there was no reason to do this, but it makes people feel good since the optical sensors do go bad in the stock unit. The mitsubishi sensor is a great design, its accurate and works well, the environment its in is what causes it to go bad, we change the environment not the sensor.

They put their cap on the distributor. As far as i know, we have never had a cap go bad on one of our distributors that was installed correctly or didnt have previous issues. The cap is not an issue.

They put their rotor on the distributor. From what ive seen, their rotor has extra material around the mounting area to prevent it from cracking. We fix this problem /w a washer. The rotor contact on ours is aluminum riveted and balanced, i dont know about their rotor contact but i would assume that it still uses plastic rivets.

Our distributor has better cooling/venting charactaristics, its totally sealed... there are many things that make the dynaspark distributor such a solid unit, the MSD unit isnt even for sale, its just for order. Knowing what i know about our distributor i would spend the extra money to have a rebuildable and reliable unit. You can also count on us to answer all your questions and help you with tech support (once we get a business phone lined up) rather than talking to an MSD phone attendent you will be talking to the owners of the business (dynaspark.)

As far as $450 for a distributor, if we sold them for that much it would be nearly cost for us. If there was interest for a group buy we could make something happen, depending on the amount of people interested you could get them for a lot less...
Also, the MSD's timing adjustment option of plus/minus 5 degrees is negligable, especially on stronger motors. And there are easier and more accurate ways of adjusting timing than removing your water pump to turn a screw...
Does MSD have a warranty on their distributor?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
DYNASPARK
Advanced

by the way, that avatar (bluewasp) is killing me, what is that? a monkey?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Jerris
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would prefer to go with your dynaspark that has a track record to look at than wait around for MSD to get theirs on the market.
My questions are, what is the price? and where can I order one from now?
Thank you for your help
Jerris
Old 01-18-2006, 07:32 PM
okies93
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor 06

Glad to hear from you, some of us have been waiting for sometype of response to see what direction you all plan on going.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:45 PM
jughead1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Jerris
I would prefer to go with your dynaspark that has a track record to look at than wait around for MSD to get theirs on the market.
My questions are, what is the price? and where can I order one from now?
Thank you for your help
Jerris
Amen!!

I have one on my 94 and will buy one in a minute for my 93 when it needs it. Cost worries? My experince has been that you usually get what you pay for. I don't PLAN on putting but one on a car when I buy it and feel confident that is exactly what will happen. I'm just glad to see they will still be available when I need another for a different car. First class product... no matter what any rant says!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:05 PM
DYNASPARK
Advanced

Originally Posted by jughead1
I have one on my 94 and will buy one in a minute for my 93 when it needs it. Cost worries? My experince has been that you usually get what you pay for. I don't PLAN on putting but one on a car when I buy it and feel confident that is exactly what will happen. I'm just glad to see they will still be available when I need another for a different car. First class product... no matter what any rant says!
that made my day... right now we are backordered (it takes some parts 4 weeks to come in! ) but we have suppliers that carry it for the same price and they might have what you need, thunder racing and davenport motorsports... we are working on getting it in summit as well... our plans for the company right now are to have them in stock and ready to ship as soon as payment is received... We are going to carry a business cell phone to answer questions 24/7 (when we are available at least, for example if either of us is out on a date /w an extremely good looking girl and things are going well you MIGHT not get an answer, thats how dedicated we plan to be) right now we are in and out of meetings and renovating our shop so we aren't able to answer our phones as much as we would like but we have been trying to get back to everyone that leaves a message... Anyways, time for me to get back to work, we have plenty to do around here... there are plenty of options for you to get ahold of us, you can reply to this thread, start a new one (but let me know about it in a pm so i dont accidentally skip over it) call us, email us... we look forward to working with you guys and hope to continue producing this distributor with success
Old 01-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Jerris
Burning Brakes

Thunder Racing has then for $599.00 and they are a straight bolt in with all the inprovements and the warrenty. This is only $70.00 more than the stock 92 Opti and no need to change the timing chain cover as you would have to upgrade to the later vented Opti.
And more important they are in stock and ready to ship now.
I am putting one of these on my list.
Jerris
Old 01-18-2006, 09:20 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

One last suggestion (that you may've already thought of): wireless headsets, guys. while you're in the "office", headsets so you can keep on the move, keep doing what you're doing (almost, unless you're grinding), and answer the phones. I suspect you're gonna have some calls...

Good luck in your new venture. You've got a handful of work in front of you but you sound/look like you're starting out at least with C4 CF members on the right foot. Keep it up, and someday when I need your product, I'll know exactly who to turn to. I mean it.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Good luck. Generally forum members are very loyal to good companies. If you get off on the right foot and work to stay there, you'll have little to worry about here.

Last edited by Corvette Kid; 01-18-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:42 AM
DYNASPARK
Advanced

Well, our intentions our to stay on the right foot... hopefully it's not too difficult. Wireless headsets are nice however this isnt something where we are in the shop 8-5 M-F... however, the phone will be carried by someone at all times though, so regardless of whether we are in the shop or not we will be answering the phone... Our plan is to order parts to build them and build them right away on our own time so that when people make orders we can have them shipped out that same day rather than build them when people request them... i hope that makes sense, and i hope it works out... Im open for suggestions, what do people think will make this work out better for both the business and the customers? We are trying to get a page up on our site (which is still in the works, im having a really hard time with it) that will have customer testimonials with a picture of the customer /w their car... development on that is pending... We also have a design for a rotorless cap for the coil pack systems so the people running those ignitions will have the benefit of our sealed distributor as well... ive had enough typing for now, let me know what your guy's thoughts and suggestions are
Old 01-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Tom Piper
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DYNASPARK
... We also have a design for a rotorless cap for the coil pack systems so the people running those ignitions will have the benefit of our sealed distributor as well...
Since you won't need the large diameter for the rotor and spark plug wire terminals, make it with a baseplate that bolts on the normal way and a section with the "working parts" that bolts to that.
Hopefully, made this way, the "working parts" section can be removed from the baseplate without taking the water pump off.
Therefore, in a multi-coil system, the optical section can be removed and replaced without removing the water pump or damper pulley.

Tom Piper
Old 01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Redeasysport
Gee lets get right to the hard questions.

Yup.. I'm not into BS...

BTW.. I own a dynaspark.

Last edited by Bluewasp; 01-19-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by DYNASPARK
by the way, that avatar (bluewasp) is killing me, what is that? a monkey?
Yeah, its a monkey with a Grand Sport toupee and warrior stripes...

Get notified of new replies

To Hey guys, Dynaspark here

Old 01-19-2006, 02:53 PM
DYNASPARK
Advanced

we have a gen II referb for sale if anyone is interested... $399 /w 30 day warranty, $449 /w 12 month warranty... just thought i would throw that out there in case anyone is interested we will continue to offer referb units for sale at these prices as long as our inventory allows it... the referbs are as good as new, we reuse the housing and a few other parts that arent necessarilly 'wearable' the 'wearable' parts are replaced whether they are still good or not... first come first serve on the referbs... once we get our inventory up to date we will have a few gen 1 referbs for sale as well if you are interested send us an email at info@dynaspark.net
Old 01-20-2006, 11:41 AM
corvette1271
Racer

Default ...dynaspark....

i have a dynaspark on my 94 coupe, and i love it. it runs very good, and i have even washed the engine with no problems. so far, it has been an excellent product.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:17 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Quick Reply: Hey guys, Dynaspark here