Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New Dyno numbers**LG Motorsports cam results with LG Headers, No tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:50 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default New Dyno numbers**LG Motorsports cam results with LG Headers, No tune

Hi Guys,

Here are the latest dyno numbers for our latest Cam test. We took the already good cam that we had for the Z06 and changed it up some to come up with the following results.

546.6 rwhp 505.7 rwtq with LG Cam and LG Pro Long Tube headers WITH CATS.

That comes to about 630 hp at the flywheel and nearly 600 torque

We are working on our Final specs for our G7X-2 cam for the new Z06. And this looks like where we will stop for the X-2 cam. then on to the G7X-3 amd upward.

Of course we are using our LG Pro Long Tube headers which are still the standard of the Corvette market and the most powerful. Plus these numbers are WITH CATS.

We also use fully welded Merge collectors to avoid air leaks when slip on collectors are welded on. Slip on collectors will leak in the 30% of tubing that can not be welded. This will fool your 02 sensors with air infiltration, so we supply our headers with fully 360 degree welded Merge collectors.

We are still without tuning for a couple more weeks but that should just help to clean up the numbers and help the final results even more.

The graph has before numbers are from our 540rwhp 489rwtq cam. Our goal was to exceed 500 rear wheel torque, and you can see that we did easily. in the process we picked up another 25 ft pounds of rear wheel torque at 2800 rpms and 6 more rwhp.

This is also with the same "air filter mod" which means that the stock filter is removed for now until we get a good Cold Air induction for the Z06.

Also remember that this car dynoed stock at 443rwhp so we are at over a 100 hp gain.

thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 01-07-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:56 PM
BRIAN60x
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lou do you have any idea on pricing for the cam packages? Is this a good cam for city driving or daily driving? You mentioned the next cam I believe, give me an idea when youve reached a stopping point for lack of a better phraze, on daily driveability.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Steve Theodore
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...just wow!

Steve T.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:02 PM
PeteZ06
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Crazy #'s. Who would ever imagine on getting 100hp from just a cam and headers. Great job!!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:12 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by BRIAN60x
Lou do you have any idea on pricing for the cam packages? Is this a good cam for city driving or daily driving? You mentioned the next cam I believe, give me an idea when youve reached a stopping point for lack of a better phraze, on daily driveability.

This cam requires springs and head work to fit the proper springs etc. It is all new, so we have not done any pricing yet.

As far as a stopping point? When we get tuning, we will have a better idea. As far as drivability? I am driving my car every day with NO TUNING, and It much better than the radical C5 cams that everyone is use to.

With no tuning, it idles at 650rpms, which is too low, but it is in the PCM and can not be changed without tuning. But even at 650 rpms, it is still very clean and smooth. It will be a dream when we get tuning.

I would not hesitate to call this a daily driver package. the only thing is that I am ready to put a set of new tires on the rear of the car already. That is to say my third set will be on next week I have already worn out the first 2 sets, but I have too much fun.

Also, both graphs represent runs with a dual disc clutch which we put in last time. I wanted to put a clutch in that I could count on even with all the testing that we were doing.

Also, we have a slip in cam that will go directly in and allow the use of your stock valve springs. that cam made 505 rwhp and was even more docile for daily driving without a tune.

thanks,

Lou Gigliotti LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 01-02-2006, 11:14 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by PeteZ06
Crazy #'s. Who would ever imagine on getting 100hp from just a cam and headers. Great job!!!!

Pete,
Remember, the stock Z06 heads are already CnC ported and flow more than any LS6 ported head ever thought of flowing. So the engine responds very well.

LG
Old 01-02-2006, 11:30 PM
BRIAN60x
Racer

Lou,

I'm not completely happy with the stock clutch. How does that clutch you installed feel?
Old 01-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Luweegy
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exelent job again Lou. Can't wait for your total package!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:35 PM
dartdart
Instructor

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
This cam requires springs and head work to fit the proper springs etc. It is all new, so we have not done any pricing yet.

As far as a stopping point? When we get tuning, we will have a better idea. As far as drivability? I am driving my car every day with NO TUNING, and It much better than the radical C5 cams that everyone is use to.

With no tuning, it idles at 650rpms, which is too low, but it is in the PCM and can not be changed without tuning. But even at 650 rpms, it is still very clean and smooth. It will be a dream when we get tuning.

I would not hesitate to call this a daily driver package. the only thing is that I am ready to put a set of new tires on the rear of the car already. That is to say my third set will be on next week I have already worn out the first 2 sets, but I have too much fun.

Also, both graphs represent runs with a dual disc clutch which we put in last time. I wanted to put a clutch in that I could count on even with all the testing that we were doing.

Also, we have a slip in cam that will go directly in and allow the use of your stock valve springs. that cam made 505 rwhp and was even more docile for daily driving without a tune.

thanks,

Lou Gigliotti LGM
Does the extra HP cause the rear end to lose grip. My Z06 is not in yet but I am learning now so when it arrives in Feb I can do a few custom tweaks. Some have reported that even the stock HP can run the tires out in second even third. Again I'm new to the tread and just reading and learning here. What are your thoughts?
Thanks.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:37 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by BRIAN60x
Lou,

I'm not completely happy with the stock clutch. How does that clutch you installed feel?

So far, I like it alot. The new Z06 stock has plenty of torque, but with the mods, it has even more "beef", so I just wanted to start from a higher plateau.

LG

PS, Leweegy.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:06 AM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by dartdart
Does the extra HP cause the rear end to lose grip. My Z06 is not in yet but I am learning now so when it arrives in Feb I can do a few custom tweaks. Some have reported that even the stock HP can run the tires out in second even third. Again I'm new to the tread and just reading and learning here. What are your thoughts?
Thanks.
Well, with the Traction Control and Active handling, the PCM will stop all the slipping. But with it off, there is plenty of hp available to do just about anything that you want. Spin or not to spin? that is in your right foot

If you want to go step by step, then just start with the headers, and work your way up slowly to a level that you are happy with.

I am never satisfied with my hp, but I take my car to the Road Racing track and I want more and more.

what city are you in? maybe you should try to come to the Advanced Driving clinic that we area holding around the Country. goto www.theperformancedrivingschool.com and check out the info for the LG driving clinic. you will have fun, and also learn to feel what your car can do with the extra power.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM
Old 01-03-2006, 01:08 AM
jobberone
jobberone
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pete,
Remember, the stock Z06 heads are already CnC ported and flow more than any LS6 ported head ever thought of flowing. So the engine responds very well.

LG
Those extra cubes should make your work a little easier as well. At least for a while. But great job. Man you must really hate your work. Slaving all day over that vette.

Oh I forgot the calls, emails and paperwork. Well you can't have everything. Enjoy your shop time and esp your in car time. You deserve it.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:28 AM
BRIAN60x
Racer

Hey lou,

Off topic, but what tires are you putting on the rear and are you happy with them?
Old 01-03-2006, 10:45 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Also remember that this car dynoed stock at 443rwhp so we are at over a 100 hp gain.

WRONG!! That is over 100 RWHP gain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Darth Vader
Impressive. Most impressive!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:55 AM
louieT
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Wow...just wow!

Steve T.

Awesome stuff Lou!!!!!

-Lou T...
Old 01-03-2006, 01:15 PM
LG Motorsports

Thanks guys,

I drove it home last night and took the long way in to work today and all I can say is that the stock computer (PCM) must be so well done that it idles without a problem. It is just like a stock car with a slight lump to the idle and it still idles at 650rpms.

The good thing is that our headers are killer in the Torque area and still putting out good numbers at the top rpms. We have our own flanges made for our Z06 headers that are 1 7/8" to mate to the cylinder heads. We do not reduce the volume at the inlet to the headers to make a "D" port. The short turn flat "D" shape is there because of the slow moving exhaust on the inside of the radius (bottom of the port).

ALSO Keep in mind that ALL of our numbers are With cats.

Then we continue on with 1 3/4" pipes and the 360*welded Merge collectors which help scavange the exhaust out, and help pull the intake charge in better than just a big pipe.
We are very happy with the design considering that we never fall below 600 flywheel hp even at 7000rpms and the low end power where we all drive is hard to believe when you hit the throttle.

We plan on doing an all out package later on to test the limits of the engine. I suspect that we will see over 600 rwhp but not without a better intake manifold.

Right now we think the intake manifold is the limiting factor. Plus we are not sure how many customers want to drive on the street with over 630 flywheel hp.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM
972-429-1963

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 01-03-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

[QUOTE=LG Motorsports]Hi Guys,

Here are the latest dyno numbers for our latest Cam test. We took the already good cam that we had for the Z06 and changed it up some to come up with the following results.

546.6 rwhp 505.7 rwtq with LG Cam and LG Pro Long Tube headers WITH CATS.

We are working on our Final specs for our G7X-2 cam for the new Z06. And this looks like where we will stop for the X-2 cam. then on to the G7X-3 amd upward.

Of course we are using our LG Pro Long Tube headers which are still the standard of the Corvette market. And these numbers are WITH CATS.

We also use fully welded Merge collectors to avoid air leaks when slip on collectors are welded on. Slip on collectors will leak in the 30% of tubing that can not be welded. This will fool your 02 sensors with air infiltration, so we supply our headers with fully 360 degree welded Merge collectors.

We are still without tuning for a couple more weeks but that should just help to clean up the numbers and help the final results even more.

The graph has before numbers are from our 540rwhp 489rwtq cam. Our goal was to exceed 500 rear wheel torque, and you can see that we did easily. in the process we picked up another 25 ft pounds of rear wheel torque at 2800 rpms and 6 more rwhp.

This is also with the same "air filter mod" which means that the stock filter is removed for now until we get a good Cold Air induction for the Z06.

thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

Now why would anyone want to go to a smaller motor and SC or blow it? GREAT job Lou!

Get notified of new replies

To New Dyno numbers**LG Motorsports cam results with LG Headers, No tune

Old 01-03-2006, 01:31 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,842 Likes on 1,158 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

ALSO Keep in mind that ALL of our numbers are With cats.
Stock cats?

jas
Old 01-03-2006, 02:49 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by jvp
Stock cats?

jas

No,
We use High Flow Metal Substrait cats in all of our headers. With no tuning, we were not able to remove the cats, so we just installed them with cats.

So all our numbers are with cats.

Here is our graph with our headers installed with cats on the stock Z06. the stock car without headers did 443rwhp and with LG headers we did 483rwhp. We have come across more Z06 cars with more base line hp but we have not seen any with much more than 480 without tuning.

Thanks

LG

Old 01-03-2006, 02:52 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,842 Likes on 1,158 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

No, We use High Flow Metal Substrait cats in all of our headers. With no tuning, we were not able to remove the cats, so we just installed them with cats.
Cool. I'm going to ask the same question I did a short while ago: have you even tried your headers alone with the stock cats? And then, to be complete, the stock manifolds with the High Flow cats?

Just curious. :-)

jas

Quick Reply: [Z06] New Dyno numbers**LG Motorsports cam results with LG Headers, No tune