C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kenne Bell coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 04:31 AM
Third Gear
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
Wonderfull... Now if they can release the da** thing. Why is it that they already have a S/C for the 05-06 mustang, but they cant release the kit for a 1997-2004 C5???
Since it has been over a year, a few more weeks won't hurt. I'm guessing they popped out the new stang blower kit so quickly because they've been doing Fords and stangs for quite some time. 19 Ford applications vs. 3 GM Truck applications. This is their first GM car. So I'm sure there were some things to learn.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Devil Dog
Melting Slicks

Old 02-04-2006, 08:45 PM
RR02Vette
Intermediate

Default fixed?

I sure hope KB got all the kinks worked out for the GM. I have had a lot of dealings with them on s/c cobras and lightnings and they ALL had problems blowing oil out of the port holes, snout bearings, etc.. My pal just bought one for an 04 cobra and in less than a week, started blowing oil from the snout. Hopefully that's all been worked out!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 12:05 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WickedC4
I found this in the latest issue of CHP. This is almost exactly what the vette setup looked liked - sans cable TB.

I am just stating my own opinion. But I think KB should have use the Jack shaft method like Magnacharger and kept the TB in the front and centered to align up with all other aftermarket C.A.I. kits. With the TB on the side, it's going to need a wide hood scoop. Plus the air has got to make a 180 degree turn at the back, and that also a lot of aluminum to get heat soaked that the air has to travel thru. They probably just took there mustang blower and made an intake for it. Instead of redesigning from a fresh sheet of paper. IT may make some great HP, but I am just not all that impressed on the layout of the system. OK, I'll leave now.......
Old 02-05-2006, 01:14 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Maybe you should change the name of this thread to "Kenne Bell NOT coming soon".
Old 02-05-2006, 03:59 PM
FAST LS1
Pro

A month and a half has passed since I posted this thread, and no more details have been released.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:14 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WickedC4
I found this in the latest issue of CHP. This is almost exactly what the vette setup looked liked - sans cable TB.

i have a buddie that works at turn-key (they build ls1 motors for sand rail motors), and he has been installing KB blowers on the LS1 for the past couple weeks, i guess there making power in the 700 range on the engine dynos, with mild set-ups, but dont qoute me.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Geneus
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Formula
A month and a half has passed since I posted this thread, and no more details have been released.
Well, the title says "Kenne Bell coming soon"....and so is the Messiah.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who knows new 2.0L Maggie may be a better choice with already a large knowledge base (on smaller unit). If old hood works then that would simplify matters some more.

Mike
Old 02-05-2006, 07:32 PM
wstory1
Race Director

Old 02-05-2006, 11:27 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Skunkworks
Who knows new 2.0L Maggie may be a better choice with already a large knowledge base (on smaller unit). If old hood works then that would simplify matters some more.

Mike
Mike,

Do you have any more ionfo on the bigger Maggie?
Old 02-05-2006, 11:59 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
Mike,

Where did your photochop go??
Old 02-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
Mike,

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1297070&page=1

Also ask person who started thread, he seems to have inside info. I have only heard rumors.

Mike
Old 02-06-2006, 12:57 AM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
Where did your photochop go??
I deleted it, so that KB could be the first to post it up when it's done. I had a preview of it from Rudy (whose car has the first KB unit on it) and just cleaned it up a bit (quite a bit actually) to protect the innocent (and to keep Rudy from getting in trouble with KB.

Originally Posted by Skunkworks
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1297070&page=1

Also ask person who started thread, he seems to have inside info. I have only heard rumors.

Mike
Thanks Mike!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:42 PM
0KBTECH
Former Vendor

Default Update On The Kenne Bell Vette Kit

Originally Posted by Geneus
Well, the title says "Kenne Bell coming soon"....and so is the Messiah.
This message is from Jim Bell:

Here's an update on our kit status. We apologize for not doing a better job of letting everyone know what was going on. Sorry about the delays. They were unavoidable. I can assure you that no one wanted this kit on the market more than me. We just experienced more casting problems on this kit than all the other kits we’ve designed during the last 15 years. There was NEVER any problem with tuning. That was the easy part.

The Corvette kit is 100% finished and we will begin the Installation Instructions next week. Tuner Street Rod/Off Road kits are currently shipping. All flow bench, dyno, street and emission testing is complete and the kits are in stock. Andy at A&A will get the first Corvette kits. On March 14th, we should begin shipping Corvette Kits.

By March 1st, all literature, photos and tech info (tech and tuning tips, dyno tests, comparisons etc.) will be posted.

The kits are complete, including a new hood, cool air system and calibration. I believe that Ken Christley, our Corvette Project Manager, spent more time on the hood design than any other single component.

Pricing is $6999 with hood, black/satin, 7-18 psi boost and $7649 polished. Performance. I had no idea the kit would be so awesome. We should have done it 3 years ago.

Regards,

Jim Bell

PS: We have some photos we'll be placing on our site hopefully by the end of the day, then we'll come back here and put them up for those interested. Thanks again for all your patience.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:45 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Originally Posted by KBTECH
This message is from Jim Bell:

Here's an update on our kit status. We apologize for not doing a better job of letting everyone know what was going on. Sorry about the delays. They were unavoidable. I can assure you that no one wanted this kit on the market more than me. We just experienced more casting problems on this kit than all the other kits we’ve designed during the last 15 years. There was NEVER any problem with tuning. That was the easy part.

The Corvette kit is 100% finished and we will begin the Installation Instructions next week. Tuner Street Rod/Off Road kits are currently shipping. All flow bench, dyno, street and emission testing is complete and the kits are in stock. Andy at A&A will get the first Corvette kits. On March 14th, we should begin shipping Corvette Kits.

By March 1st, all literature, photos and tech info (tech and tuning tips, dyno tests, comparisons etc.) will be posted.

The kits are complete, including a new hood, cool air system and calibration. I believe that Ken Christley, our Corvette Project Manager, spent more time on the hood design than any other single component.

Pricing is $6999 with hood, black/satin, 7-18 psi boost and $7649 polished. Performance. I had no idea the kit would be so awesome. We should have done it 3 years ago.

Regards,

Jim Bell

PS: We have some photos we'll be placing on our site hopefully by the end of the day, then we'll come back here and put them up for those interested. Thanks again for all your patience.

Woooo Hooooooooooooo

God that was soooooooo easy wasnt it???????
Old 02-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Would of loved the polished one but I bought the STS kit a month or so ago because I got tired of waiting. Can't wait to see the numbers thought! Congrats on finishing the kit.

Get notified of new replies

To Kenne Bell coming soon

Old 02-07-2006, 02:12 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

I can't wait to see the pics of the real, finished kit. It's been a long wait, but sounds like it was worth waiting for. It also sounds like a VERY fair price for the amount of power that this thing is capable of, especially with a hood!

I still think that KB could've done a better job at keeping us informed. It was left up to poor Rudy, who took ALOT of flack for it! Thanks Rudy!

Well, enough of that, BRING ON THE TWIN SCREW!!!!!!!

Last edited by FreddyG; 02-07-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Hammer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

GREAT news.

I can't wait to see dome dyno numbers and graphs, and the final hood.

Please post info as soon as possible, maybe even start a new thread.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:01 PM
RWE 427
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer
GREAT news.

I can't wait to see dome dyno numbers and graphs, and the final hood.

Please post info as soon as possible, maybe even start a new thread.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell coming soon