C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z51 or Z06 Sway Bars??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:47 AM
RJMan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z51 or Z06 Sway Bars??

I getting ready to order sway bars for my F55 I have on order. Can someone tell me the difference between the Z51 and Z06 sway bars?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:56 AM
rulez
Racer

advanced search....

Try this thread, or this, or maybe this one.

I did a advanced search for just "Sway Bars" and selected the C6 forums, and came up with all kinds of results. pretty cool stuff.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Zig
Safety Car

Location: stafford country, va. Avatar: Me on turn 3 @ Bristol (The World's Fastest Half-Mile)
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RJMan
I getting ready to order sway bars for my F55 I have on order. Can someone tell me the difference between the Z51 and Z06 sway bars?
both bars are thicker (stiffer) than the stock bars.
the z51 and z06 front bars are the same.

it will stiffen the ride of the f55. cornering is much improved. highway is nice when in tour, not as floaty as it was though.

some individual bumps (one side of the car) can be felt easier than before.

overall, it feels as if the whole chassis is stiffened.

i have yet to see how it feels after 1500 or so miles, just had them put on.

i made sure my tire pressure was correct, took it in, had them chevy (vette mech.) install the sway bars (lifted to remove weight from wheels, chassis, etc.), alignment. he took it from the lift directly to the alignment rack.

if feels much better, some of the shimmy during braking has disappeared after the alignment.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:28 PM
RJMan
Instructor

Thanks guys. I have read most of the other threads and that's why I'm ready to order. I was just curious if one set was better than the other or if people were buying the Z06 because of the name only.

In other words are the Z06 bigger than the Z51? Do they change the handling more than the Z51 bars would?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2005, 12:33 PM
RJMan
Instructor

Oops, I had not seen that first thread from the link above. I believe my questions have been answered. I'm going with the Z51 bars.

Thanks to all
Old 12-13-2005, 02:12 PM
AutoCutter
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RJMan
Thanks guys. I have read most of the other threads and that's why I'm ready to order. I was just curious if one set was better than the other or if people were buying the Z06 because of the name only.

In other words are the Z06 bigger than the Z51? Do they change the handling more than the Z51 bars would?

Thanks
The rear Z06 measures 1.15~1.20 while the rear Z51 bar is 1.05~1.10. The Z51 bar setup is neutral while the Z06 gives a tiny bit more oversteer when using Z51 Supercar tires. The Z06 & Z51 front bars are the same bar. I would go with the Z51 bars to stay neutral, but the rears bars are cheap enough to buy both and do some testing for which bar you like better.

Get notified of new replies

To Z51 or Z06 Sway Bars??

Quick Reply: Z51 or Z06 Sway Bars??