C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Reset 92 Vet. Service Ride Control message

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 05:01 PM
zverybestv8
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reset 92 Vet. Service Ride Control message

I have a 92 Corvette that is displaying a "Service Ride Control" in the message center. Can anybody tell me how to clear this message?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:25 PM
lbitp37
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I had that on my 92, I took it to a Corvette Mech, and when he put it on the computer, the code came up for a faulty rt frt shock actuator.
Replaced it & all was ok.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:53 AM
hardlight
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may have a problem. You can short pins A and C on the ALDL connector and it will clear, but if there is a real fault the message comes right back. I don't have the procedure here right now but someone in the forum probably does. If you can keep those pins connected, and turn the key on/off the corrct number of times the codes will flash and you can isolate the faulty component.

Last edited by hardlight; 11-30-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:33 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

To clear FX3 codes, turn the ignition to Run but don't start the car. With a small paperclip, jump pins A and C on the ALDL (in the upper left corner of the driver' side knee bolster). These pins are on the upper row and are lettered in this fashion as you look at them: E D C B A

To clear the codes, you must jump the pins for two seconds doing it for a total of three times.

To display the codes (which is simply a series of flashes of the SRC message) jump the pins and turn the ignition to Run and watch the SRC message lamp.

Codes are two digit values and the sequence always begins and ends with a code "12". The SRC light flashes based on each integer of the code and the code repeats three times with a couple of seconds between each code value. For example a Code 12 flashes like this:
12= blink, blink blink / blink, blink blink / blink, blink blink
(there is a about a half second "/" pause between each of the three code intergers)

A code 32 is:
32= blink blink blink, blink blink (and repeats twice more)

After all of the codes have been displayed there is a final code 12 and the sequence repeats until you either pull the jumper or turn the ignition off

Heres the code meanings:
Code 12 = Start of sequence
Code 13 = Left Rear Time Out (possible bad actuator)
Code 14 = Right Front Time Out (same)
Code 21 = Left Front Time Out (same)
Code 22 = Right Rear Time Out (same)

Code 23 = Loss of vehicle speed signal (this code will appear if the ignition switch is cycled On/OFF three times without the vehicle moving. Once the vehicle moves and there are no other codes the SRC light will go OFF but this code remains in history)

Code 31 = Left Front Out of Position (maybe broken gear on shock rod)
Code 32 = Right Front Out of Position (same)
Code 33 = Left Rear Out of Position (same)
Code 34 = Right Rear Out of position (same)

Code 41 = SRC Switch short to Voltage
Code 42 = SRC SWitch open contacts (console switch not positioned at one of the three detents
Code 43 = SRC switch citrcuit open.

Give this a try and report what codes you get. Remember, a Code 12 sarts the sequence and also ends it. Any other codes are repeated three times before the next code is displayed.

Last edited by c4cruiser; 11-30-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:21 AM
hardlight
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for coming through with the straight skinny, C4Cruiser. I borrowed a ALDL plug from Gordon Killebrew that had A and C shorted. He sells a kit of test plugs through Mid America. I just couldn't remember the exact sequence, thanks to you I printed it out to save in my stuff file. I had a code 31. The little stop tang under the gear that limits the travel on the shocks adjusting shaft had sheared off. Replaced ths shock and back in business. FX-3 is nice when it works.

Last edited by hardlight; 12-01-2005 at 06:38 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Reset 92 Vet. Service Ride Control message

Quick Reply: Reset 92 Vet. Service Ride Control message