C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Cloyes Double roller chain come in please

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cloyes Double roller chain come in please

Here we go. I need some pointer. What is the easy way to remove the factory sprocket gear?? Use a some kinda puller? My car is a 93 I am in the process of install a Cloye double roller chain and along with convert to a 95 opti box/timing cover. I am running the delteq but I need the conversion in order to do the cloye double roller chain any way. I also cut off the rotor because I am intented to spin my motor to 7000rpm max. My motor is turbocharged and all forged. The only weak link right now is the stocker timing chain gotta go. because I am ready to push the turbo hard in the late Spring. DFI Gen 7 and 96s injector will be in use in the Spring.

Also having all my hot pipes went out for Swain Tech coating and turbine house as well. This is my Winter project for this year.

Rotor cut off for high rpm spin

95 opti/timing cover

Cloye Double roller chain

Kent Moore tool hub removal

A shot of the bottom end of the Eagle H bean rod

here is a shot of my big *** turbo
Old 11-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Here is a shot of the 6 x 10 barrel water to air intercooler hide under the X brace

Here is a shot of custom 3 gallon water tank behind the passenger seat and is chilled by a/c system.

I am posting this because I have been ask before. Where is the tank and the intercooler locate and mount.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 373 Posts

i'm going brain dead here, but, use a 2 or 3 arm pully puller? that reaches on the back side of the gear and pull it off, same as the balancer. i prefer the 3 -arm, but you might have a clearance issue using it in the chasis.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:08 AM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleazy Rider
i'm going brain dead here, but, use a 2 or 3 arm pully puller? that reaches on the back side of the gear and pull it off, same as the balancer. i prefer the 3 -arm, but you might have a clearance issue using it in the chasis.
Yep, that what I used, but I have never done it in the car, both times I had the motor out and on a stand.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:27 AM
95NOSvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For my crank sproket (while in the car) I always use just a plain old 2 prong puller from auto zone.......brand name is OEM industrial, 2 jaw, 5 ton puller, part number 25914
Old 11-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Thanks guys for the pointer.
I will get the puller from Autozone and thanks for the part#. Will try to pull it next weekend.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:42 PM
mseven
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2 or 3 jaw works fine and for what a kent moore tool costs it just isn't worth it unless you are building for a living. A suggestion here, when you install the cloyes check and make sure that both gears line up (vertically w/straight edge and or indicator) about .015 machined off of mine to line up straight (no pushing in the world can put it back further than the snout of the crank will allow, this includes looking at the endplay of the cam approx. .005).
Old 11-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

She is on. Thanks to BTF for coming over to help to install it.

Get notified of new replies

To Cloyes Double roller chain come in please

Quick Reply: Cloyes Double roller chain come in please