Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

DYNO Day @ Carolina Auto Masters 14 Jan

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 07:33 PM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Final count was 21 cars (well 1 kick *** truck, can you say 668 ft lbs to the wheels??? ) and I counted 28 cars there at the peak. I had a great time and it was awesome meeting folks and putting faces to screen names to faces, and seeing old friends.

I have a ton of pics and the final numbers and I am too tired right now to do much else than post this.. um so tomorrow ok? I was down 15 hp and the car was not liking the lighter rims and mich PS out back, and was spinning the rollers a bit past 5.5k grrrr that and I tried a little octane boost which the car did not like either. No biggy as I had fun.

Thanks again to MSG Huff for heloing out, the crew from CAM, all the memebers, and freinds that came out to have a blast and esp Jeff Creech for taking care of us all so well. We willl do this again soon, when it is a little warmer and all the winter mods are installed. Thanks one and all
Dave
PS durka durka!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 07:48 PM
rulez
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Dave durka durka man. I had a ton of fun too. CAM is a great place.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:04 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Yup Lots of GOOD LOOK'N cars there.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:30 PM
msghuff
Pro

Anytime Dave! I had a blast today and was happy to see some old and new faces.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:02 PM
JimBuck
Instructor

Great Meeting everyone, had a great time and a great drive home - 254 miles in 3:36.

Thanks again Dave.

Jim Buckingham
Old 01-14-2006, 09:08 PM
msghuff
Pro

Originally Posted by JimBuck
Great Meeting everyone, had a great time and a great drive home - 254 miles in 3:36.

Thanks again Dave.

Jim Buckingham
Damn Jim in a hurry??? Hahaha nice meeting you and sharp ride!
Old 01-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a great time today guys! Little brother was happy with his numbers on his 02 stock camaro. Who'd a thunk a little stock Camaro would turn 320 WHP and 368/411 at the wheels with a 75 shot of giggle gas?

My numbers went up too and that made me VERY happy! 378/374 with corrected numbers of 386/382. That's what a set of plug wires (probably no gain) and a swap to Z06 mufflers from Stingers got me!

Mike
Old 01-14-2006, 09:59 PM
USARMYTTT
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a great time today...good to see some very nice rides and a bunch of cool people too. Thanks to Dave for coordinating the event and to Jeff(and his crew) for the hospitality.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:36 PM
ecudooberhead
Racer

Im sorry I couldnt make it chief- my stroker motor was finished today (and it feels REAL strong) but my tranny went out on my on the way home!!!
So now I have to get my tranny rebuilt. Looks like I'm gonna just about have a brand new car (mechanically) after this
Old 01-15-2006, 04:31 PM
MYSTCHRM
8th Gear

It was great meeting all of you and I appreciate you letting me get on the rollers. You were all a great bunch to hang out with.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:49 PM
jcocke
Advanced

Thanks again Dave for putting the event togehter. Thanks to Jeff Creech and his crew at CAM for hosting the event, it was really cool to meet everyone and hang out. Lots of nice cars there! I put down 323/333 with basically a K&N and a set of Flowmasters.

My brother was pretty happy with his results of his truck, though I am sure there's more torque down low since we couldn't start the pull until after 2400 RPMs...dang diesel automatics!

Thanks again and it was nice meeting everyone!
Old 01-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Jcocke, What kinda truck was it? I've got a 3500 Dodge Cummins Diesel and I'm thinking about a few mods myself... We're already running over 550#ft. torque, but I'm thinking about some upgrades to it... Only issue is it's a 2004 and I don't want to void the warrenty.

Mike
Old 01-16-2006, 02:51 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Nice meeting you guys there the other day. I was disappointed we didn't have anybody attend that is in the 500+ club
Old 01-16-2006, 07:39 AM
jcocke
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Jcocke, What kinda truck was it? I've got a 3500 Dodge Cummins Diesel and I'm thinking about a few mods myself... We're already running over 550#ft. torque, but I'm thinking about some upgrades to it... Only issue is it's a 2004 and I don't want to void the warrenty.

Mike
It's an 04 Duramax in a 2500HD (LB7, not the newer LLY). The only mods he's running are the Edge Juice programmer and a K&N intake. His dyno numbers seem to be right on with what Edge claims. Go ahead, start modding that diesel! Its fun being able to light the tires up shifting into 3rd in an automatic, and then seeing the huge cloud of black smoke left for all the other cars in traffic to drive through!
Old 01-16-2006, 12:57 PM
MYSTCHRM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by NC_EB_Z06
Nice meeting you guys there the other day. I was disappointed we didn't have anybody attend that is in the 500+ club
Maybe next spring I'll be there.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:53 PM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Great time Saturday all! Awesome to meet a ton of you and put faces to screen names. I have been busy and lazy the last few days and sorry about the delay. Dial up beware!
the banner (and Richard, Jim, and Wayne (MSG Huff):

the board (I will post up numbers and names in a bit):

the shop, full of vettes we had 30 cars there and 21 pulls how cool is that?

side view after we made a few pulls and I missed the first two cars sorry guys no pix :o

wow I suck with the cam
Old 01-16-2006, 09:57 PM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

batter up! (wayne remebering his C-4 with NOS...)

an imaculate 01 Z with very cool rims. Hang onto it, put those headers on and change wheels for the dyno (trust me on that )

admiral blue C-4 very nice car and a great guy too

very strong Z16 and way cool

Last edited by chiefDave; 01-16-2006 at 10:01 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To DYNO Day @ Carolina Auto Masters 14 Jan

Old 01-16-2006, 10:05 PM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

there is a car on the rollers back there somewhere...o yea, a very nice RX7 TT, very cool car and made nice HP esp for a 2900 lb car!!!

nice but JK!!!

nice cobra and another great guy, heck everyone was awesome and can't wait to see you guys again when it is warm

MSG Huff's 407 WHP 11.72 @ 121 beast!:

Last edited by chiefDave; 01-16-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:13 PM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

hey, who is that guy, just to our right of the car??? Jeff!!!

my car, lost over 10 RWHP with the wide CCWs and spinning PS on top grrrrr next time, OEM Z06 rears with worn V700s, burn out before the pulls!!!

last car:

the king of torq 668!!!

best sticker by far, period game set match!!!

Thanks all for coming out and making it a huge sucess. Jeff had so much fun, he finaly.... well you guys have to call him and ask about his LT1 fleet Thanks again everyone for coming out in the cold, and wind and even from Tiawan!!!
Dave

Last edited by chiefDave; 01-16-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:25 PM
milkman
Instructor

Originally Posted by chiefDave
I had a great time and it was awesome meeting folks and putting faces to screen names to faces, and seeing old friends.

Thanks again to MSG Huff for heloing out, the crew from CAM, all the memebers, and freinds that came out to have a blast and esp Jeff Creech for taking care of us all so well. We willl do this again soon, when it is a little warmer and all the winter mods are installed. Thanks one and all
Dave
PS durka durka!!!
ChiefDave, thank YOU for setting it all up and doing very well as a first time organizer of an event like this. You're a pro!

And thanks to all that showed up and made it a great day in the chilly weather. Someone said we had every color there but yellow, and Tom was there, but he didn't bring his car, does that count? And whoever had the Seal Grey vert, man, that's a nice color. You see so few of them.

And like a bank teller who can't keep from embezzling money, you can't work on Vettes so much and not want one bad. I've been looking for a while, and bugged many of you to keep your eyes open, but Sunday I finalized a deal on a 2002 Mag Red coupe, M6, only 12.5k miles in mint condition. I'm sure my first hit on the mod crack pipe won't take long, I've got a lot of mods on the shelf ready to put on it. (I think all you guys gave me the Corvette Fever!! Damn you all!)

Again, it was great seeing all the old faces, and meeting a lot of new ones. I hope we can do it again in the spring, and I'll see y'all before then even!

I still have one piece of apple pie left over....
-jeff

Quick Reply: DYNO Day @ Carolina Auto Masters 14 Jan