C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Nitrous Necessities.....?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 05:55 PM
A BirdMan Converted
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Necessities.....?

i was thinking a ZEX wet pushing a 75 or 100 shot with 2 10lb bottles -
BUT
i wasnt sure of all the Neccesities i should have-

bottle Pressure gauge,
fuel pressure guage,
2 bottle heaters,
Purge,
Blow down,
WOT swt-,
Window swt,
fuel press safety cut off ,
what else am i missing????

i was also thinkin
custom info lights tied to come on at WOT and in window , along with a shift light and monster tac
Old 11-13-2005, 06:44 PM
redbullapril23
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look at my other post.

it will be alot cheaper and easier just to get a 20lb bottle if running a single stage.

Old 11-13-2005, 06:50 PM
redbullapril23
Drifting

also the BG system, imho, is the best. and if you ever go with a stronger bottom end you can up it to 175 shot.

but make sure you buy all the electrical add ons up front because its much easier to wire all together than afterwards.

your friend
Sean
Old 11-13-2005, 07:03 PM
A BirdMan Converted
Pro

Originally Posted by redbullapril23
also the BG system, imho, is the best. and if you ever go with a stronger bottom end you can up it to 175 shot.

but make sure you buy all the electrical add ons up front because its much easier to wire all together than afterwards.

your friend
Sean
electrical addons?
such as?

im still in the middle of the learning stage so there are i few things i dont understand

i know N2O is addictive but i dont want more than a 75shot, i just feel my motor will be less on edge than if i ran a 125
Old 11-13-2005, 09:01 PM
zelement
Melting Slicks

your friend
Sean
NX, and TNT's solenoids will easily handle 175shot on their standard nozzles and solenoids

birdman,
you could invest in a timing retard.

Last edited by zelement; 11-13-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:04 PM
redbullapril23
Drifting

electrical add ons such as window switch, progressive controller, heater, opener.. etc...

no im not sayin u should go more than a 75 shot..
im jsut sayin that if u ever wanted to go more than that its on the table.

also cant you retard timing with ltx edit?
Old 11-13-2005, 09:15 PM
zelement
Melting Slicks

electrical add ons such as window switch, progressive controller, heater, opener.. etc...

no im not sayin u should go more than a 75 shot..
im jsut sayin that if u ever wanted to go more than that its on the table.

also cant you retard timing with ltx edit?

Don't buy the electric bottle opener. waste of time and money. Where are you going to mount your bottle?
all standard kits will go up to 150 so you will have the option to grow if you choose to. I guarantee you will not stay at 75 for more than 2 weeks.

I don't know if you can use lt1 edit to retard timing but even if you can you wouldn't want to use that because your car will be a dog when you are not spraying.

You want to invest a boost timing retard like the msd where you can turn it with a **** when you want it to retard.

If you only spray 75-100. i wouldn't worry about it.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:18 PM
skateparkdave
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Sounds like you have the bases covered. You wont really need to worry about sparkplugs with a 75 shot but since I agree with zelement in that you probably wont stay there long I thought I might bring up sparkplugs.

If you get up to a 100 shot or higher you may want to run a cooler plug with a recessed electrode like the ngk B8EFS (stock order # 1049). It reduces the chance of detonation and in the case you do have a detonation, with the recessed electrode, it reduces the chance of blowing the electrode off to wreak havoc. The cooler plugs wont effect all around performance but will help to reduce the higher temps of the combustion with the nitrous.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:09 AM
REDC4CORVETTE
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skateparkdave
Sounds like you have the bases covered. You wont really need to worry about sparkplugs with a 75 shot but since I agree with zelement in that you probably wont stay there long I thought I might bring up sparkplugs.

If you get up to a 100 shot or higher you may want to run a cooler plug with a recessed electrode like the ngk B8EFS (stock order # 1049). It reduces the chance of detonation and in the case you do have a detonation, with the recessed electrode, it reduces the chance of blowing the electrode off to wreak havoc. The cooler plugs wont effect all around performance but will help to reduce the higher temps of the combustion with the nitrous.

Well said DAVE

I also use the MSD retard **** style instead of the retard box.
Helps when you get bad gas on the street with the retard dial, just turn it counter clock wise and no more ping.
I was told that it would not work with an LT1 BLAHA as usual been running it for 3 years on the 94 LT1.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:24 AM
LT4-Z51
Advanced

Originally Posted by A BirdMan Converted
electrical addons?
such as?

im still in the middle of the learning stage so there are i few things i dont understand

i know N2O is addictive but i dont want more than a 75shot, i just feel my motor will be less on edge than if i ran a 125

I run a zex 100 shoot on my 96 LT4 works great!!!!!GOOD LUCK......
Old 12-08-2005, 10:17 PM
SonnyinVA
Melting Slicks

i'm trying out the NOSzle kit, and i'll let you know what i think when i'm done.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Originally Posted by SonnyinVA
i'm trying out the NOSzle kit, and i'll let you know what i think when i'm done.
Let us now how it goes, install wise and performance wise. I am going to be using the Nitrous Direct Direct Port kit that is very similar in design, and the price is outstanding. I like these type kits for the safety factor and the plug and play feature. No pulling intake for drilling and tapping, then when resaleing car all goes back to stock with no butchered intake. They also perform as well as any other design.
Robert

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous Necessities.....?

Quick Reply: Nitrous Necessities.....?