Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Sale 72 Coupe 4-speed Very Original

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Vette Crazzy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale 72 Coupe 4-speed Very Original

HERE WE HAVE A VERY ORIGINAL, UNMOLESTED 1972 T-TOP, NUMBERS MATCHING SMALL BLOCK 4-SPEED COUPE. CAR HAS 64135 ORIGINAL MILES. CAR HAS PWR STEERING, PWR BRAKES,AM-FM, AND AIR CONDITIONING.
THE CAR RUNS AND DRIVES VERY NICE, THE CARB IS NOT THE ORIGINAL. IT APPEARS TO HAVE THE ORIGINAL PAINT ON IT. THE BODY TAG READS 400 STD BLACK INTERIOR- 924 PEWTER SILVER, THE LOWEST PRODUCED COLOR THAT YEAR. (I DID NOT PUT THAT BLUE STRIPE ON IT). BODY IS UNHIT, BIRDCAGE AND WINDSHIELD POSTS APPEAR NICE, AS IS THE FRAME. THE SIDEPIPES ARE SOME KIND OF AN AFTERMARKET ITEM THEY USE THE STOCK EXHAUST MANIFOLDS AND 1 PIPE THAT HOOKS TO THE SIDEPIPE THE OTHERS ARE FAKES. THE ONLY BODYWORK I CAN SEE IS SOMEONE FILLED IN THE REAR EXHAUST CUTOUTS. FRONT BUMPER IS NICE, THE REARS ARE SOLID BUT FADED. INTERIOR IS IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE, BUT COULD USE A CARPET. STORAGE TRAY FOR THE REAR WINDOW IS STILL THERE.

PAINT IS THIN, A/C NEEDS CHARGED, AND THE WIPERS WORK FINE BUT THE WIPER DOOR OPENS WHEN THE CAR IS RUNNING. I BELIEVE IT IS THE VAC VLV UNDER THE DOOR.

ALL IN ALL A NICE SOLID ORIGINAL UNMOLESTED CAR.

I AM NEAR PGH PA FLY IN AND DRIVE IT HOME

ASKING $11900

Last edited by Vette Crazzy; 10-14-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Vette Crazzy
Drifting

Anyone Know How To Post The Pictures On Here??

Thanks
Old 10-14-2005, 10:16 PM
pletner
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Crazzy
Anyone Know How To Post The Pictures On Here??

Thanks
Go to www.photobucket.com open a free account, upload your pic. it will give you something that reads [IMG/photobucket etc.IMG] Then come back here hit reply, click on the little mountain symbol (right under the font,size,color bracket) It will ask you for the [IMG] thing, type it in the box and thats it!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:39 PM
vette442
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Crazzy
HERE WE HAVE A VERY ORIGINAL, UNMOLESTED 1972 T-TOP, NUMBERS MATCHING SMALL BLOCK 4-SPEED COUPE. CAR HAS 64135 ORIGINAL MILES. CAR HAS PWR STEERING, PWR BRAKES,AM-FM, AND AIR CONDITIONING.
THE CAR RUNS AND DRIVES VERY NICE, THE CARB IS NOT THE ORIGINAL. IT APPEARS TO HAVE THE ORIGINAL PAINT ON IT. THE BODY TAG READS 400 STD BLACK INTERIOR- 924 PEWTER SILVER, THE LOWEST PRODUCED COLOR THAT YEAR. (I DID NOT PUT THAT BLUE STRIPE ON IT). BODY IS UNHIT, BIRDCAGE AND WINDSHIELD POSTS APPEAR NICE, AS IS THE FRAME. THE SIDEPIPES ARE SOME KIND OF AN AFTERMARKET ITEM THEY USE THE STOCK EXHAUST MANIFOLDS AND 1 PIPE THAT HOOKS TO THE SIDEPIPE THE OTHERS ARE FAKES. THE ONLY BODYWORK I CAN SEE IS SOMEONE FILLED IN THE REAR EXHAUST CUTOUTS. FRONT BUMPER IS NICE, THE REARS ARE SOLID BUT FADED. INTERIOR IS IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE, BUT COULD USE A CARPET. STORAGE TRAY FOR THE REAR WINDOW IS STILL THERE.

PAINT IS THIN, A/C NEEDS CHARGED, AND THE WIPERS WORK FINE BUT THE WIPER DOOR OPENS WHEN THE CAR IS RUNNING. I BELIEVE IT IS THE VAC VLV UNDER THE DOOR.

ALL IN ALL A NICE SOLID ORIGINAL UNMOLESTED CAR.

I AM NEAR PGH PA FLY IN AND DRIVE IT HOME

ASKING $11900
I'm in Pittsburgh - Please call me, even tonight until 1:00 am if you want. 412.303.5548. I'd like to check this car out ASAP. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:46 PM
90Topless
Intermediate

Last edited by 90Topless; 10-14-2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:53 PM
90Topless
Intermediate

Here you go Vette-Crazy.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:16 AM
vette442
Pro

Hooray!! I just added this shark to the fleet (should look great next to my '96 LT4 CE). It's cosmetically challenged, but everything is there in generally good shape. Great panel fit, has all factory seams, the factory tape underneath, and other things that ooze originality.

And.... it was less than 10 minutes from my house! *Very excited*. Can't wait to get it home to do an exhaust swap and eradicate the blue stripes. Should be a fun rolling restoration.

Thanks Bill!

Terry
Old 10-15-2005, 05:03 AM
Vette Crazzy
Drifting

SOLD!

THAT WAS EASY ENOUGH. TERRY IS A GREAT GUY. GOOD LUCK WITH THE RESTO. GLAD TO HAVE MADE A FELLOW FORUM MEMBER SO HAPPY

BILL
Old 10-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Kilroy1024
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny thing about the internet - Advertise to the world, and its the guy down the street that buys it. Looks like a good car!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:08 PM
AirTrafficController
Pro

Nice buy, 442 ! That's the kind of vette I'm looking for also! Good luck with it -

Mark
Old 10-22-2005, 04:50 PM
vette442
Pro

Originally Posted by AirTrafficController
Nice buy, 442 ! That's the kind of vette I'm looking for also! Good luck with it -

Mark
Thanks. I drove it home today - runs great! My longtime Corvette mechanical guru looked it over, was impressed with the originality, and said I did okay. (whew!) I'll go through the suspension over the winter and replace the original springs and ball joints, get 2.5" pipes on it, and do some cosmetic upgrades as well. The blue stripes are coming off easily with a light skim of a rag with lacquer thinner. I think this one is going to be a keeper - the mojo is good...
Terry
Old 11-08-2005, 04:59 PM
vette442
Pro

I'm probably going to kick myself over this, but I have a chance to buy back one of my prior Oldsmobiles - a 1-of-77 455 4 speed notchback '72 Supreme. I just bought this shark a few weeks ago and really like it, but there's only so much time, $ and garage space to go around, so I'm going to put it back onto the forum and see what happens.

You can see pics in the thread above. Since I bought it, I checked the numbers (there's no way the prior seller did on anything but the block). Block is original as well as the M20 trans. The rear end has the following codes: 2AK 11 30 68W. That's not a '72 unit. I pulled out a good bit of what remains of the tank sticker, and I called the guy that owned it for 15+ years (a mechanic by trade) before the guy I bought it from. He left the car the way he bought it in the late '80s for the most part, but put on new S/S calipers, water pump and master cylinder. The frame/mounts look excellent - he painted it black years ago and said there were no patches or welds done at any point. Floors/underside look very good. It's a little loose in the front end - my Vette mechanic said it looks like the original riveted ball joints are still on it and it has spring spacers.

Overall, the paint is a little rougher than reflected in the pics (lots of small scratches, chips, fade, etc.) and the dash pad has a small abrasion, but other than that, it's pretty well represented in the photos. Tires are good, and the car runs, shifts and drives very well. The body panels are super nice with factory seams/bonding strips showing in wheelwells, nose, under rear deck, and the quarters. Panel alignment is very good too. The LH front fender has a very small area (2"x1/2") on the lip that shows a mesh repair, probably from a tire hitting. Wipers are not functioning, but they apparently did a month ago. Spare carrier is there, but needs a hole repaired.

As the original post said, it's an honest, original shark - no hidden B.S. If it doesn't sell,that's okay with me too! I'll have to sell my 27K mile '85 4+3 instead! $11,800 firm - exactly what I have in it. Still located near Pittsburgh, PA.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:20 PM
RichT
Instructor

Sent you an email....
Old 11-08-2005, 09:03 PM
JC6372
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sent you an E-mail....
Old 11-08-2005, 10:37 PM
rrshepard
Instructor

Check your PM, sent you one.

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:33 PM
vette442
Pro

Here are pics of the underside of the car, some paint flaw closeups, and other details. I need to get some good pics of the windshield pillars. There is some flaking in a few spots, so I want to pull the trim and see what's happening there.
Terry

http://www.highoctaneauto.com/newpage58.htm

http://www.highoctaneauto.com/newpage67.htm

http://www.highoctaneauto.com/newpage68.htm
Old 11-20-2005, 11:47 AM
vette442
Pro

ttt.

I'm having the QJet rebuilt now, and maybe snagging a correct #s one for it this week too.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:08 PM
vette442
Pro

I dug around the windshield posts with a dentist pick-type tool. Drivers side was just black paint flaking/surface and I hit shiny raw metal right away. On the passenger's side, the flaking was a little deeper in layers on a 1/2" section, but I again ran into metal and no holes. I have a few pics if anyone is seriously considering the car and would like to see these.
Terry
Old 12-22-2005, 02:03 PM
vette442
Pro

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale 72 Coupe 4-speed Very Original

Quick Reply: For Sale 72 Coupe 4-speed Very Original