Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Vert to Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 04:19 PM
billiam01
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Vert to Z06

How many of you were convertible owners (who loved their verts) and switched to the C6 Z06 and don't regret it?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:26 PM
jfreez
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I am also intrested in this, I am selling my 95 camaro convert and my 65 corvair convert in order to get my Z06. I think it will totally be worth it, but open air is just so nice.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:27 PM
MONTVALEGOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Default VERT TO z06

I just traded my 05 cpe for an 06 convt. I am first on the list at my dealer for the one allocation probably due in the late spring. It will be hard to give up the open air right up to the point I see the Z06 arrive at the dealership. They I won't be so worried about it.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by billiam01
How many of you were convertible owners (who loved their verts) and switched to the C6 Z06 and don't regret it?
I don't have mine yet, however..............

I have had 5 ragtops between the C5 and C6. I ordered the Z06 2 years ago and have a 1st allocation from a 3rd tier dealership. (in English....that means I may see the car when there's snow on the ground)

I have lately been driving around with the top up trying to get used to he fixed roof feel. At first I thought about keeping my C6 magred vert as well as the Z. As time goes by, I'm looking forward to getting the Z (especialy after all the early raves by our forum owners) and trading he vert in.

I know come spring there will be days I will miss dropping the top.

I don't subsribe to the theory of "If you don't track your Z6 your wasting your money"

I still enjoy winding through the gears and feeling it pull like there's no tomorrow. I realize you won't see the limits of the Z on public roads (if you do you're an idiot, that's what the track is for) but there'll still be situations like on-ramps where you can have fun safely.

That being said, I feel the Z is like having a 4th degree blackbelt in artial arts. You know you don't have to fight but if it comes up it'll be a quick decision!

Also, I feel getting the Z this early on may hold it's value temporarily which may buy me more time to make up my mind!

Good Luck! I've been looking for this answer for a long long time!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Z06Vettefan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I just sold my 05 vert and now await the ZO6 to be delivered. If there is an after market company that can convert it I'll consider doing it.

Not 100% positive but I might. If not a vert, maybe a removable glass top. If I find out from various people in the know about the 06 ZO6 that say it's a bad idea, I will not do it.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:28 PM
The Garage Master
Le Mans Master

I love my vert and I am thinking about the Z if I do it I will keep the vert as well.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:12 PM
OilMaggott
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I am in Bowling Green right now and will have my NCM delivery in the morning, it is the black beauty on cam 5 right now, the reason it is black and not MS is I had the very debate you are having and am keeping my C6 MS Vert. The beauty and the BEAST. I love the Vert, and just had to have the Beast..........Oh Well

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/webcam/pop_delivery5.htm
Old 10-11-2005, 10:13 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by OilMaggott
I am in Bowling Green right now and will have my NCM delivery in the morning, it is the black beauty on cam 5 right now, the reason it is black and not MS is I had the very debate you are having and am keeping my C6 MS Vert. The beauty and the BEAST. I love the Vert, and just had to have the Beast..........Oh Well

That must be tough!!! You can stare at your Vette but can't touch... LOL Congrats and enjoy it for me!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:34 PM
billiam01
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Have cake and eat it too

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
That must be tough!!! You can stare at your Vette but can't touch... LOL Congrats and enjoy it for me!
That's like going to a stripper club where you're not allowed to touch!

For those who can have both.....SHEESH! Who said money can't buy happiness?!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:38 PM
spicoli25
Racer

Originally Posted by Triple Black C6
I love my vert and I am thinking about the Z if I do it I will keep the vert as well.
I just picked up my Z06 and like you said I am keeping my 2002 conv also. Wife drives the conv automatic and the Z is all mine!
Old 10-12-2005, 02:39 AM
TicketBait
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by OilMaggott

Beautiful................oh and yes its a hard decision, I loved my C5 vert but my wife said I could only have one vett so I did what JDogg did and got a SSR which goes from hard top to vert in no time and it has an LS2 in it too!

Think outside the box and get both.
I have to have two vehicles cuz I drive 30K miles per year I love driving too

Get notified of new replies

To Vert to Z06

Quick Reply: [Z06] Vert to Z06