C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Crack NAV Screen Diag PIN Code

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 11:13 AM
gmland
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang... I talked to every specialty AV guy in town and none knew of a way either - the search continues~
Old 11-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gmland
dang... I talked to every specialty AV guy in town and none knew of a way either - the search continues~
Hopefully this will be solved some day soon!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:04 PM
ein Tier
Melting Slicks

Location: Austin, Texas Codes 660, 9448, and 295660 work in the C6 navigation unit. No DVD playback yet.

Originally Posted by boomer 33
Looks like this workaround has lost it support and interest from the guys that have the skills to do it. I will call the company that I posted the URL from and see if they have one for the 07 Vette. Will post back what I find.
Not so much a lack of interest as it is a repeat of information we already know and questions of "why haven't you figured it out yet?"

I made mention of this back in post 350.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:53 PM
tiggerrick
Racer

It would be nice if the original poster (Andrew Brimberry) would edit the first post to update all the findings so that newcomers don't have to read through so many pages of info. I am tempted to start a new thread on the subject and summarize all the findings to date (I've read through ALL these postings) but there haven't been any significant findings that have gotten us further in this issue.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:41 AM
TheDaveMan
Racer

einTier has sent me the tools to work the code. I'm trying to get into it to see if there is a native way of defeating the protection against using the GPS while moving or if there is a DVD feature hidden.
So far I haven't come up with anything, but it's true I haven't spent that much time on it either.

It's not necessarely by lack of interest but more by lack of time. Going through lines of dissambled is not that simple (especially that I have not really work in assembler code for some times) and is very time consuming.

If and when I get something worth mentionning, be sure I'll post it here but so far I haven't found something that has not been already found and mentionned here.

There have been a couple of posts trying to sum up what as been found so far throughout the thread, but it's true that it might be interresting to have a new thread metionning only major things we know about our system and limiting posts there to actual useful facts.

I'l try to do that...
Old 11-22-2006, 04:09 PM
ein Tier
Melting Slicks

Location: Austin, Texas Codes 660, 9448, and 295660 work in the C6 navigation unit. No DVD playback yet.

Originally Posted by TheDaveMan
There have been a couple of posts trying to sum up what as been found so far throughout the thread, but it's true that it might be interresting to have a new thread metionning only major things we know about our system and limiting posts there to actual useful facts.

I'l try to do that...
Actually, Dave, I've been meaning to do just that. There's a lot of good information in here, but it's all so buried because it's nothing more than "stream of consciousness" style posting.

The "discovery" of information already discovered has been bothering me for a while. It needs to be done, and judging from other threads on other forums, everyone's referencing our work here.

I should have some time this weekend, I'll try to get it done.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:20 PM
TheDaveMan
Racer

Originally Posted by ein Tier
Actually, Dave, I've been meaning to do just that. There's a lot of good information in here, but it's all so buried because it's nothing more than "stream of consciousness" style posting.

The "discovery" of information already discovered has been bothering me for a while. It needs to be done, and judging from other threads on other forums, everyone's referencing our work here.

I should have some time this weekend, I'll try to get it done.
I started such a thread. It's there : http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1557810975

Let me know if things are missing or inacurate.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Zed_six
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Would it help to commssion these guys to start hacking?

So would it help to commission these guys to help????

The Toyota/Lexus Nav uses Denso, which is the same as the C6 units.

http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICK_MAIN.htm
Old 11-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Zed_six
So would it help to commission these guys to help????

The Toyota/Lexus Nav uses Denso, which is the same as the C6 units.

http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICK_MAIN.htm
I have contacted them via email to see if they could/would develop a similar tool for our Navs. I'll post again as soon as I hear back from them.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:43 AM
Zed_six
Burning Brakes

If they have a "fix" for disabling the "acknowledge you don't crash" (I Agree) button, you KNOW they have the means to help us Vette owners

These guys originally hacked into the Nav system in the Prius and some folks from the Lexus forums contacted them (I have an IS-350). I think they have a gold mine of knowledge to spread.

They could possibly unlock the "back up" camera feature in our systems too!

I sent them an email and they are located in Florida. I'm sure one of the forum members would be more than happy to supply them a temporary donor vehicle.

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
I have contacted them via email to see if they could/would develop a similar tool for our Navs. I'll post again as soon as I hear back from them.

Last edited by Zed_six; 11-25-2006 at 02:06 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zed_six
If they have a "fix" for disabling the "acknowledge you don't crash" (I Agree) button, you KNOW they have the means to help us Vette owners

These guys originally hacked into the Nav system in the Prius and some folks from the Lexus forums contacted them (I have an IS-350). I think they have a gold mine of knowledge to spread.

They could possibly unlock the "back up" camera feature in our systems too!

I sent them an email and they are located in Florida. I'm sure one of the forum members would be more than happy to supply them a temporary donor vehicle.
Sounds promising!
Old 11-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Zed_six
Burning Brakes

So here is the link where you can hack the IS-350 navigation system.

This series of "hacks" makes the system think that it's not in motion.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t...avigation+hack

Some pictures...

Some annotated text:

*** Note if you have M(ark) L(evinson radio system) and want it to play DVD when moving. You will need to GROUND the parking brake wire also. It's the RED wire on the J50 connector.

Anyone try something like this yet?
Old 12-27-2006, 01:02 PM
tiggerrick
Racer

This issue keeps bugging me and I thought I would mention it for the folks that are technosavvy.....We are all looking for a way to enter the diag. screens and disable the Acknowledge button, but it's probably embeded in the flashROM of the unit. Searching through the NAV disk files will not yield much because it doesn't have any files that change the ROM. However, you may find something in the disk that has the 'upgrade' that the 05s needed to go through (which also upgraded to MP3 playback.) Just a thought.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:05 PM
gotagofast
Advanced

ok iv read through the thread and i was jw has anyone come up with anything at all or is the search still on... also if its still on has anyone tried any dates such as zora's birthday or things like lemans dates or numbers to that affect? maybe a production code such as f55 or z06ish?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Buffy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gotagofast
ok iv read through the thread and i was jw has anyone come up with anything at all or is the search still on... also if its still on has anyone tried any dates such as zora's birthday or things like lemans dates or numbers to that affect? maybe a production code such as f55 or z06ish?
More likely the measurements of the programmer's girlfriend, or the date Denso was founded. The nav isn't made by GM, and the only thing customized for the Corvette is the splash screen.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy

They never did respond to my email.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Buffy
Drifting

I got a message from someone trying to hack an '05 Prius nav and offering to share info which brought this back into my (woefully short) attention span. Took another look at the loading file and found a couple of things:

It looks like it is made up of a header and 3 segments. The header has a set of 32-bit numbers which indicate the length of each segment. I wrote a simple program to split the file into these segments. The first two appear to be some sort of images, probably the splash screen. The third starts with the string "Progam Block" - probably the actual code.

Actually, it has four blocks that start "Program Block", so it appears there's more dismantling to do. Sigh. Presumably each of these is some sort of index to the actual code.

The images appear to be an indexed RLE-encoded format, as the first 2K bytes is a color map, followed by a header and what appear to be index values followed by repetition counts. Something similar to a GIF or BMP image file.

The header includes the strings "rGpaihDc BV 5046" and "91990--4511 :000" which look pretty mysterious until I n-nUxi'd (byte swapped) them, then I get "GraphicD VB 0564" and 1999-04-15 10:00" which make more sense. The GraphicD could mean a lot of things, the VB is ominously suggestive of a certain vendor in Washington (but this is just an image, remember).

There are also a couple of numbers in there, again byte swapping them turns 0x0190 into 400 and 0x00F0 into 240 - possibly ndicating an image size of 400 x 240.

I'm betting once I get this image format figured out at least one of them will be the Corvette logo that appears on the nav when its turned off. The next step, of course, is to turn this into a recognizible format so I can hack it then try loading it onto the nav. Perhaps a Z51 badge in addition to the crossed flags?

One (more) small step for a Corvette driver, one giant step .. oh, never mind.

PM or e-mail me if you want the splitter code or the output files.

Hey, do any of you other old-timers remember the nUxi problem?

Get notified of new replies

To Help Crack NAV Screen Diag PIN Code

Old 01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
xs650
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buffy
More likely the measurements of the programmer's girlfriend, or the date Denso was founded. The nav isn't made by GM, and the only thing customized for the Corvette is the splash screen.
And the various icons? A 2007 Toyota Camry I drove appeared to have the same NAV system with different icons and a different sounding voice.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Buffy
Drifting

Originally Posted by xs650
And the various icons? A 2007 Toyota Camry I drove appeared to have the same NAV system with different icons and a different sounding voice.
Don't know for sure if the icons are in the image file or in the data files - I'd suspect the latter. And I'm sure the voice is on the data disc. So far it looks like two 400 x 240 images - I'll know more when I get them converted to something viewable.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Buffy
Drifting

The embedded images turn out to be nothing very interesting:

Obviously a generic thing. Oh well, at least we know one more thing about this file.

Quick Reply: Help Crack NAV Screen Diag PIN Code