C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Crack NAV Screen Diag PIN Code

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:28 PM
jasonbrent2
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ein Tier
Now you're going to make me dig through the thread. Buffy wrote a KWI converter and pulled out a couple of files. We also have the .gc0 file that wrote the mp3 software in. Sonar Tech in the Cadillac forums actually took his nav apart and took pictures. It's different, but these systems probably all use similar processors -- the code is too similar across so many different nav systems the original SDK can't be much more than a "building block" style of software development. If I have some extra time (unlikely in the next few weeks) and feel brave (likely) I can try to do the same.
Hmmm.. I did see reference to that when glancing through the thread... i'll look back through it in a bit....

-jbl
Old 10-22-2006, 05:06 AM
TheDaveMan
Racer

Originally Posted by jasonbrent2
Well, the system seems to disable any (most) inputs when it detects movement above ~1mph. More than likely the right thing to do would be just to add a nop (no operation) to the function that does that checking.

However, hacks like that are best performed when one can debug live against target hardware. I've been pondering on the right method to attack this problem....

-jbl
I guess... the problem will be to see how you can change the code currently used by a other patched code and like you pointed out, how to debug it against an emulator or the actual hardware.

If there is a code to disable the controls, we might find part of the code that flags something, then find what triggers that flag and there should be a trace of the code... But if it's there it should have appeared already, so it's probably a bit trickier.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:20 PM
ein Tier
Melting Slicks

Location: Austin, Texas Codes 660, 9448, and 295660 work in the C6 navigation unit. No DVD playback yet.

Originally Posted by yevlem
Hi all!
I have a Lexus, but the Denso NAV system there is much the same. As I am living out of the USA, I am interested in de-coding KWI files and making a map with our country data.

Just to give my 5 cents, the correct address for KIWI viewer software description is:
http://www.datawest.co.jp/seihin-jyo...Eng-latest.pdf
Unfortunatelly the software itself is only for sale with HASP protection.

Best regards,
Yevgen
Dang! I totally missed this post!

This is some seriously good information, and I'm currently trying to obtain this software, either from the company or an individual. Note that they also sell the software used to originally write our navigation system and the hardware.

By the way, does anyone speak Russian? They seem to be talking a LOT about the same things we're talking about -- unfortunately, I can't translate it, so who knows how far they're getting.
http://forum.auto.vl.ru/read.php?f=15&i=689419&t=689419

Last edited by ein Tier; 10-27-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:13 PM
TheDaveMan
Racer

Dang! I totally missed this post!

This is some seriously good information, and I'm currently trying to obtain this software, either from the company or an individual. Note that they also sell the software used to originally write our navigation system and the hardware.
I can't seem to get the English version of the site.
Getting the software and the hardware used to write out system would defenitely make it way easier to work it out... Probably a bit pricey though...

By the way, does anyone speak Russian? They seem to be talking a LOT about the same things we're talking about -- unfortunately, I can't translate it, so who knows how far they're getting.
http://forum.auto.vl.ru/read.php?f=15&i=689419&t=689419
Sorry can't read Russian and don't know anybody who can.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:25 PM
ein Tier
Melting Slicks

Location: Austin, Texas Codes 660, 9448, and 295660 work in the C6 navigation unit. No DVD playback yet.

More stuff. As I was reading back through this thread and checking about a dozen different sites for thread updates, I ran across this on the Cadillac Forum:

Originally Posted by some guy at CadillacForums
According to Delphi's site ( http://delphi.com/news/pressReleases/pr_2006_06_26_001/ ), the Cadillac Escalade has been host to the TNR800 from Delphi since 2003.

Their FAQ's state the following;

Can TNR800 play DVD movies on its display?
Even though the product has the capability to play video on its display, current product configuration doesn’t have it available in order to comply with safety laws. There are modules in the aftermarket that can activate this capability but it is not supported and recommended by Delphi. In addition, customers who use these modules will lose the Delphi warranty.

http://www.delphioffer.com/tnr800/faq.html#dvdmovies (dead link, can't find where it moved)

I have tried to access the code input screen mentioned here on my TNR800 without success, and have searched for days to find one of these "after market modules" they mention.

1.) is the TNR800 the same unit you guys are discussing? (probably not, but sounded like from FIDGAF's comments it could be)

2.) anyone seen in your research anywhere I might find a discussion specifically about the TNR800

quite frustrated, any help is appretiated.
OK, so this isn't our unit. However, it uses the exact same Denso software that every other GM (and Toyota and Land Rover and Pioneer and just about everyone but Nissan) navigation system uses. It's very likely that although the front end appearance is different, the hardware itself isn't.

But the most interesting thing is when you read between the lines. It really does appear that my initial suspicion was correct -- that features are simply "turned off" instead of "removed" and can be turned back on by someone with the right knowledge.

It also appears that all of our nag screens, lockouts, and abscence of DVD video is exactly what we thought it was -- legal safety .
Old 10-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Auburnfred
Intermediate

Hope this helps.

To translate that website to English click on this link.
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

Then copy and paste the link to the Russian forum in the "translate web page" space. Click the dropdown arow and click on "Russian to English". Then click "translate".
Old 10-31-2006, 10:49 AM
gmland
Instructor

Just got my 07 two weeks ago - first thought was "how do I get the nav to play dvd...?"

Second thought, search the internet and find forum that may have that info. Found this one!!!

//patting self on back!

I design houses for a living - unable to help in the technical aspect but willing to help with the grunt work, i.e. typing in numbers on tech screen...
Old 11-10-2006, 05:22 PM
gmland
Instructor

ker-bump...

anybody? anybody?
Old 11-10-2006, 09:45 PM
billybaloneey
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't want this thread to die either...give me a block of numbers and I'll start testing.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:12 AM
boomer 33
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Who sells the best module to unlock the NAV, if the price is not too bad I will buy and then one of you gurus can do an autposy on it and get the fix?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:30 AM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what module to unlock the NAV?

Originally Posted by boomer 33
Who sells the best module to unlock the NAV, if the price is not too bad I will buy and then one of you gurus can do an autposy on it and get the fix?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:37 PM
boomer 33
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

www.gnetcanada.com/navvideo-models-gmunlock.asp

This is it, it does not say Corvette but it mentions a BUNCH of other GM, should not be that different. Has anyone seen it? Will it work?

Last edited by boomer 33; 11-13-2006 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:30 AM
vette-oholic
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder why the corvette's NAV has to be so different from other GMs NAVs...

Originally Posted by boomer 33
www.gnetcanada.com/navvideo-models-gmunlock.asp

This is it, it does not say Corvette but it mentions a BUNCH of other GM, should not be that different. Has anyone seen it? Will it work?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:09 PM
C6BlackZ51
7th Gear

Default Nav code

I'm a newbie here but I found a code that works. I hope this helps. I actually found two codes but both bring up the same screen.
9448 and

I too would like to play DVD's in the car. Anyone else get farther than I have?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:50 PM
boomer 33
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

What screen does it pull up? Can you get past the screen?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Zed_six
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone tried the hardware hack for this on their C6? I perused the threads and skipped every other page please let me know.

The reason I'm asking is that there is a hardware hack (splicing wires) on the 2006 Lexus IS350 that allows DVD playback while driving.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:01 PM
billybaloneey
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by C6BlackZ51
I'm a newbie here but I found a code that works. I hope this helps. I actually found two codes but both bring up the same screen.
9448 and

I too would like to play DVD's in the car. Anyone else get farther than I have?
Those codes were discovered a while back.

Get notified of new replies

To Help Crack NAV Screen Diag PIN Code

Old 11-15-2006, 01:44 PM
boomer 33
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Looks like this workaround has lost it support and interest from the guys that have the skills to do it. I will call the company that I posted the URL from and see if they have one for the 07 Vette. Will post back what I find.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:05 PM
boomer 33
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default NAv Unit

Does Not Work On Vette>

Last edited by boomer 33; 11-16-2006 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:21 AM
boomer 33
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

TTT for FYI , Will not work on Vette , at least to do what we wanted .

Quick Reply: Help Crack NAV Screen Diag PIN Code