Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6 Z06 Dyno results, LG Headers + Redline Oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:02 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default C6 Z06 Dyno results, LG Headers + Redline Oil

Ok Guys,

Until we can get some tuning software Cold air induction or slide a new cam in this car we are at some sort of a limit.

And I mean "Some Limit". This is more than we ever thought possible. We have a total of 71 miles on the car now.

REDLINE OIL's President Tim Kerrigan is the owner of this car. So there was no question that we were going to change the fluids to REDLINE. We changed the engine oil to Redline 5w-30. We changed the trans fluid to Redline D4 ATF, and the rear end got 75/90 gear lube with redline friction additive.

I then put about 2 miles on the car and pulled it back on the dyno.
(the car went to the dyno all by itself without me touching the wheel)

We gave it a cool down period and did some pulls.

The results are that we have hit a new high of:
492.2 rwhp 472.3 rwtq

The results that this new Z06 that GM has put out are nothing short of fantastic. The scary part is that it will probably get better with some proper break in miles. We did over 10 miles of dyno roller time which is usually very good break in time.

The other realization is the fact that when everyone gets LS-7 edit tuning software the bar will again be raised. how much, without going into the engine? I don't know. Of course the usual mods like cam and porting the heads, ported throttle bodies, cold air intakes etc will reap many advances.

I am looking forward to the arrival of my own Z06 so i can be a little more unforgiving with the parts we deem R & D parts. My car will be the "Mule" where we will find out what works ( I will have the cam of the week) and then we can impliment them in our customer cars.

Further clarification and my thoughts:

the air filter was removed but it was removed from the last posted numbers also.

I have to say that I attribute some of the gains over the 2 days and 22 dyno runs to break in and PCM learning. But regardless, the final numbers are incredible.

We looked at the timing with the tech 2 and the timing dropped to 21 degrees during the runs we recorded. Edit tuning will solve some problems and send this car to a new level again.

I hope I can clarify these results. I also know that the baseline from cars with miles on them should be much better.

so stay tuned.There are great cars.

Lou Gigliotti LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 09-29-2005 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:10 PM
vstella
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So let me understand this...

LG Longtube headers and redline oils +72 miles = 492 RWHP......
A W E S O M E
Old 09-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Empatho
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NICE!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Brannon
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome numbers Lou. I might have to go with the same RedLine treatment on my C6. Now, if I just could get a Z06. Still, I have no complants with the 412rwhp/395rwtq I got from your headers, tune, and mild cam!

Looks like heads and a fast intake are in order for my C6. Do you think the LS7 intake will possible fit the LS2 in order to negate the cutting of the firewall for the FAST product?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:18 PM
seayzo6
Instructor

Filter?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:27 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by vstella
So let me understand this...

LG Longtube headers and redline oils +72 miles = 492 RWHP......
A W E S O M E
Yes but with the air filter removed.

I have to say that I attribute some of the gains over the 2 days and 22 dyno runs to break in and PCM learning. But regardless, the final numbers are incredible.

We looked at the timing with the tech 2 and the timing dropped to 21 degrees during the runs we recorded. Edit tuning will solve some problems and send this car to a new level again.

I will copy this post in to the first post to clarify these results.

Thanks
LG
Old 09-29-2005, 11:28 PM
seayzo6
Instructor

Old 09-29-2005, 11:29 PM
mahdivr4
Intermediate

GOD that is crazy HP!!! i cant wait for the cams and tune!!
Old 09-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Z06Vettefan
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

Message to the Viper trolls: Go to the bank, get some money and get ready to spend on mods, because that's the ONLY way you'll be able to hang with us. Not beat us. Just hang with us!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:40 AM
ASASN
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Vettefan
Message to the Viper trolls: Go to the bank, get some money and get ready to spend on mods, because that's the ONLY way you'll be able to hang with us. Not beat us. Just hang with us!!!

........so when you getting yours???

You just have to be foaming at the mouth....BTW, if you didn't know, I'm sure you're gonna have to pay for the Headers & Exhaust that are being used on this car....so when you do your financing make sure you budget that into your car......so it'll be just as impressive as this car and you won't let "US" down....counting on you !!!!

Peace!!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:49 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

AWESOME!!! Put some more miles on that baby and make sure it has some of the local 93 octane in it and I am sure you can nail a 500rwhp graph without additional work. Simply amazing.

Todd
Old 09-30-2005, 12:53 AM
mahdivr4
Intermediate

how much would one of these headers cost?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Zix
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mahdivr4
how much would one of these headers cost?
About half as much as the pair you would need! I think LG proices them at about $1600 for the set? Please correct me if I am wrong. To some it sounds expensive, but I think they are well worth it considering the gains they provide!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:06 AM
Z06Vettefan
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by ASASN
........so when you getting yours???

You just have to be foaming at the mouth....BTW, if you didn't know, I'm sure you're gonna have to pay for the Headers & Exhaust that are being used on this car....so when you do your financing make sure you budget that into your car......so it'll be just as impressive as this car and you won't let "US" down....counting on you !!!!

I will tell you they can't hang STOCK FOR STOCK right now. Mods or no mods!

Peace!!

I will tell you they can't hang STOCK FOR STOCK right now. Mods or no mods!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:08 AM
Empatho
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zix
About half as much as the pair you would need! I think LG proices them at about $1600 for the set? Please correct me if I am wrong. To some it sounds expensive, but I think they are well worth it considering the gains they provide!
that sounds expensive especially because my headers for the C3 only cost me $90 including shipping but if you have a Z06 it should not be that expensive for you and the gains are great

Last edited by Empatho; 09-30-2005 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:11 AM
LG Motorsports

Hi Guys,

These are the same full 304 stainless Steel headers including 3" Merge collectors ( goto www.burnsstainless.com to read up) then they connect to full 3" Metal matrix cats and the system includes the X pipe. Plus our system extends all the way back to the stock mufflers for a bolt up connection. It also allows you to keep your full Z06 stock system intact so you can have it later if you want to.

So it is a full bolt on system from the engine to the stock 3" muffler connection. Oh, did I mention that they make horsepower?

Priced with cats at $1695 complete with hardware and 02 extensions.

IN Stock now.

thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM
Old 09-30-2005, 03:04 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi Guys,

Priced with cats at $1695 complete with hardware and 02 extensions.

IN Stock now.

thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM
A couple questions Lou:

1) Do you have CARB approval? If not, please get it for us poor California folk.

2) What's involved to install the package (hoist, cutting, mods, etc.)?

Michael

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 Dyno results, LG Headers + Redline Oil

Old 09-30-2005, 03:05 AM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

..... We have a total of 71 miles on the car now.

I can't believe you started power runs with only 55 miles on the clock. I am glad that's not my car.

The restricted airbox you spoke about is deceptive too. It looks restricted based on the plastic shielding around it, but the filter element is the same as the Donaldson unit. The baffling around the air box is there for water injestion. If you can be certain you will never be forced to go through either deep water or shallow water fast, you may be able to get 3 - 5 HP by removing the shielding.

Good luck with the tune.
Frank

Last edited by Another Yellow; 09-30-2005 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:15 AM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is just incredible.... Do you have the redline fluids you used in stock? I think you just sold some.....
Old 09-30-2005, 07:06 AM
tslawsky
Racer

Ok Guys,

Until we can get some tuning software Cold air induction or slide a new cam in this car we are at some sort of a limit.

And I mean "Some Limit". This is more than we ever thought possible. We have a total of 71 miles on the car now.

REDLINE OIL's President Tim Kerrigan is the owner of this car. So there was no question that we were going to change the fluids to REDLINE. We changed the engine oil to Redline 5w-30. We changed the trans fluid to Redline D4 ATF, and the rear end got 75/90 gear lube with redline friction additive.

I then put about 2 miles on the car and pulled it back on the dyno.
(the car went to the dyno all by itself without me touching the wheel)

We gave it a cool down period and did some pulls.

The results are that we have hit a new high of:
492.2 rwhp 472.3 rwtq

The results that this new Z06 that GM has put out are nothing short of fantastic. The scary part is that it will probably get better with some proper break in miles. We did over 10 miles of dyno roller time which is usually very good break in time.

The other realization is the fact that when everyone gets LS-7 edit tuning software the bar will again be raised. how much, without going into the engine? I don't know. Of course the usual mods like cam and porting the heads, ported throttle bodies, cold air intakes etc will reap many advances.

I am looking forward to the arrival of my own Z06 so i can be a little more unforgiving with the parts we deem R & D parts. My car will be the "Mule" where we will find out what works ( I will have the cam of the week) and then we can impliment them in our customer cars.

Further clarification and my thoughts:

the air filter was removed but it was removed from the last posted numbers also.

I hope I can clarify these results. I also know that the baseline from cars with miles on them should be much better.

so stay tuned.There are great cars.

Lou Gigliotti LGM

I think that the numbers are skewed. You did the baseline dyno with a hot engine then the dyno with the mods and a "cool down". Come on, man you have sooooooo much experience with cars, you can't tell me that you didn't know that dynoing the car hot for baseline would "inflate" the numbers with your mosd and a COOL motor". I cant wait to see a true "cool" stock dyno.

Quick Reply: [Z06] C6 Z06 Dyno results, LG Headers + Redline Oil