C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fun with LG Motorsports...install and dyno results..

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Rippin C6!
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun with LG Motorsports...install and dyno results..

Paid LG Motorsporst a visit today to add a little fun to the C6. Lou and his group are great to work with and I am more that overjoyed with the results of my mods. So lets begin..

Base line on my bone stock Z51 M6....
HP = 341.7 TQ = 326.0

Went for the Long Tubes and the LS 2 edit....can you believe...
HP = 369.6 TQ = 370.4

Then we added the Halltech....(thanks Jim for your hard work)....
HP = 375.0 TQ = 375.2 :partyon:

GAINS

+33.3 RWHP +49.2 RWTQ

****These runs were done in 100 degree weather and high humidity!

****All of these runs are running with my STOCK MUFFLERS!!! (which sound great with the long tubes)

Big thanks to Lou and all of his gang at the shop...you guys are the best!!!!!

So what do you think CF???
Old 09-23-2005, 10:14 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 597 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

how loud is it
I have corsa sports and looking at the lgs with cats!!
Just worried about being too loud any sound clips from anyone !
Old 09-23-2005, 10:17 PM
The Garage Master
Le Mans Master

That's the exact set up I am going to go with. How good does the car feel? How loud do you feel the car is? I have talk to several tuners and they all say no gain with a muffler change and since it gets louder with the long tubes I want to stay stock on the mufflers.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Rippin C6!
Instructor

Originally Posted by burtonbl103
how loud is it
I have corsa sports and looking at the lgs with cats!!
Just worried about being too loud any sound clips from anyone !

I have the LGs with cats going thru my STOCK MUFFLERS.

The LGs have a very nice and deep rumble idle and normal drive ...but hit the gas and they will sing. I heard a set with the Corsa Touring and they were pretty loud...the Sports may be a bit much.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:27 PM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple Black C6
That's the exact set up I am going to go with. How good does the car feel? How loud do you feel the car is? I have talk to several tuners and they all say no gain with a muffler change and since it gets louder with the long tubes I want to stay stock on the mufflers.
Nice results, How does it feel? Big difference off idle with the tuning?
Old 09-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Rippin C6!
Instructor

Originally Posted by Triple Black C6

I love the sound and I would not change a thing. There is a deep muscle car sound at idle and drive but hit the gas....heads will turn.

Cat back mufflers are for sound only....no hp gains. I was the second car they did today with the stock mufflers.... he got the same numbers I did.

The car is VERY quick on the throttle now...I love it. It really woke up the car and I truly feel I am driving a totally new car. GO FOR IT!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Vegas Sam
Pro

Received 287 Likes on 97 Posts

Congrats on getting the headers, I know you guys have waited a long time.

Now, as far as the numbers go, I have Kooks, a Callaway Honker, a tune, and made 379.8rwhp on a 101 degree day here in Vegas. The burning question then becomes, are the L.G.'s worth approx 300-400 more?

I'm sure to get bashed, but since I don't live in the rust belt, or near salt water, I couldn't see spending the extra dough for that four extra feet of stainless tubing.

Mine's also a M6 Z51.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Rippin C6!
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vegas Sam

Now, as far as the numbers go, I have Kooks, a Callaway Honker, a tune, and made 379.8rwhp on a 101 degree day here in Vegas. The burning question then becomes, are the L.G.'s worth approx 300-400 more?

I'm sure to get bashed, but since I don't live in the rust belt, or near salt water, I couldn't see spending the extra dough for that four extra feet of stainless tubing.

Mine's also a M6 Z51.

Those are great numbers...

What was your torque numbers? What was your baseline? What type of dyno?
Old 09-24-2005, 02:32 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Mine's also a M6 Z51.

I think the money argument is a moot point now that we are selling the C6 headers to forum members for $1695 including cats. And we use Metal matrix cats. That is about the same price as the others but for one brand and the difference is down to a little over $100.

You are from Vegas....a "black chip" should never stop you.

Our system in every test has made more torque at the low end of the curve. By low, I mean from 2000 to 5000rpms. that is the rpm range where most people run the cars on a daily basis. And our Merge collectors and 3" X pipe keep the top end power up.

The power curve down low is usable power and it gives the "kick in the pants" feel that we all love.

GO to www.burnsstainless.com and check out the Merge Collectors and you will see why we chose to use a Merge in our system.

At any rate, A dyno should correct for temp regardless. As long as the dyno is set on a SAE correction factor the temp will be accounted for.
T

If dyno numbers are shown in STD correction then the numbers will show to be significantly higher. The computer just calculates differently and shows better numbers in STD than SAE.

Stop in Batista's Hole in the Wall for some Italian food and talk to Mike. His family owns the place and he can give us a recommendation.

Let me know if we can help you with any of your other mods down the road.

thanks
Lou gigliotti LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 09-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Rippin C6!
Instructor

How do I post my dyno sheet here...can someone host it!
Old 09-24-2005, 02:56 PM
KGB6
Instructor

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
I think the money argument is a moot point now that we are selling the C6 headers to forum members for $1695 including cats. And we use Metal matrix cats. That is about the same price as the others but for one brand and the difference is down to a little over $100.

You are from Vegas....a "black chip" should never stop you.

Our system in every test has made more torque at the low end of the curve. By low, I mean from 2000 to 5000rpms. that is the rpm range where most people run the cars on a daily basis. And our Merge collectors and 3" X pipe keep the top end power up.

The power curve down low is usable power and it gives the "kick in the pants" feel that we all love.

GO to www.burnsstainless.com and check out the Merge Collectors and you will see why we chose to use a Merge in our system.

At any rate, A dyno should correct for temp regardless. As long as the dyno is set on a SAE correction factor the temp will be accounted for.
T

If dyno numbers are shown in STD correction then the numbers will show to be significantly higher. The computer just calculates differently and shows better numbers in STD than SAE.

Stop in Batista's Hole in the Wall for some Italian food and talk to Mike. His family owns the place and he can give us a recommendation.

Let me know if we can help you with any of your other mods down the road.

thanks
Lou gigliotti LGM

What kind of increase can I expect with the Haltech and the LS2 Edit?
Old 09-24-2005, 06:26 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Seems to me that originally the headers by them self we were told were worth as much as your gains, less the tuning. The torque number is killer though! I can't wait to see what kind of performance others are getting. Seems to me that Kooks were getting the same numbers.

I am not familiar with either one so my views are impartial but I hope SpinMonster goes through with the suggested plan of buying each brand and doing some same day testing to determine which one really is better.

Man, that torque increase.....just awesome.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Brannon
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine's also a M6 Z51.
Great numbers...what was your base line?
Old 09-24-2005, 08:24 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by Brannon
Great numbers...what was your base line?

HP = 341.7 TQ = 326.0

HP = 369.6 TQ = 370.4

GAINS

+33.3 RWHP +49.2 RWTQ

We will get your graph posted up tomorrow.

thanks
Lou G
Old 09-24-2005, 08:52 PM
The Garage Master
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
HP = 341.7 TQ = 326.0

HP = 369.6 TQ = 370.4

GAINS

+33.3 RWHP +49.2 RWTQ

We will get your graph posted up tomorrow.

thanks
Lou G
PM sent.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:54 PM
KGB6
Instructor

Originally Posted by cerino2000

Man, that torque increase.....just awesome.

The base torque number is oddly low; the torque and horsepower numbers are normally much closer in value. I am very skeptical about the base torque number.

Last edited by KGB6; 09-24-2005 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:54 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by KGB6
The base torque number is oddly low; the torque and horsepower numbers are normally much closer in value. I am very skeptical about the base torque number.
KGB,
I think you are correct. We edited some of the factory torque management parameters out of the PCM. I think GM over did the big brother aspect of manageing torque. The low numbers could be from the PCM seeing a condition that it thought a reduction was necessary and it pulled timing out.

We would see this happen before we had the better version of LS2 edit.

And the bad part is that we still feel that there is more management that needs to be edited out still.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti
972-429-1963

Get notified of new replies

To Fun with LG Motorsports...install and dyno results..

Old 09-25-2005, 01:07 AM
Rippin C6!
Instructor

Originally Posted by KGB6

My baseline pull was during the Corvette Dyno Day LG did in Febuary of this year. Most of the M6 cars were showing TQ numbers in the 325 to 335 area. The autos were running in the 340-350 area.

I cannot describe the difference in the drive of the car.... the improvement is just amazing!!!

Torque Control.... Talk about adding "sand bags" to the LS2, what GM did was just wrong.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:44 AM
bruce1
Melting Slicks

Nice results!
Old 09-25-2005, 02:08 AM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Had similar results on my 02 C5, which LG did 2 weeks ago. Got 332 RWHP and 354 RWTQ from an LS1 with only a Blackwing, also through stock mufflers. Those guys know their stuff!

Quick Reply: Fun with LG Motorsports...install and dyno results..