Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Very Bad News.........

Old 09-06-2005, 02:32 PM
RichardT
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Very Bad News.........

I just talked with Gary at the corvette museum. The Z06's will not be released to their customers until the 4th quarter............. And, after october! He told me the plant manager who has one that also is already made, was talking to a board member and asking him if he could send a truck to pick up his car next week. the answer was NO. He said, what about the week of october 12th? The answer was NO. After more talking, he was tald it would be sometime in the 4th quarter.

I asked Gary what he thought the problem was, and he said he thought they have some things they need to correct. He did not know what they were, but assumed it was electrical, but again, he did not know.

It is a shame, and downright wrong, that this is the only way the loyal customers of GM can find out about when the vehicles they have put a deposit on will be released. Even, when they are being shown at dealerships across America and the public is being told they are taking orders.

Lingenfelter vehicles are beginning to look better and better, but I guess this is just a comment from a point of frustration dealing with this car company. Vipers are nice too, but no where as near as advanced as this vette. More $$ too. I will wait, very dissappointed with GM and their customer relation department. Why? Not because of the delay, but because they could tell us an "estimated" date, and if that slips, a new "estimated" date. This is all we could expect. Heck, the CEO apparently personally answered the questions, twice, if Gm was to stop building rear wheel drive cars. Why can't they tell us what the estimated release date of our vehicles will be?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

It's worth the extra wait to fix the column lock problem...

We are less than 30 days from the Q42005 anyway.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:45 PM
bmichael
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardT
I just talked with Gary at the corvette museum. The Z06's will not be released to their customers until the 4th quarter............. And, after october!
very bold post here....you know Gary is going to be pissed because nobody will believe they will hold them that long..and he is going to get a tons of calls now.
I figured a few weeks..but not months....

I don't know man....just don't know
Old 09-06-2005, 02:55 PM
madmax20
Instructor

I just talked with Gary at the corvette museum. The Z06's will not be released to their customers until the 4th quarter............. And, after october! He told me the plant manager who has one that also is already made, was talking to a board member and asking him if he could send a truck to pick up his car next week. the answer was NO. He said, what about the week of october 12th? The answer was NO. After more talking, he was tald it would be sometime in the 4th quarter.

I asked Gary what he thought the problem was, and he said he thought they have some things they need to correct. He did not know what they were, but assumed it was electrical, but again, he did not know.

It is a shame, and downright wrong, that this is the only way the loyal customers of GM can find out about when the vehicles they have put a deposit on will be released. Even, when they are being shown at dealerships across America and the public is being told they are taking orders.

Lingenfelter vehicles are beginning to look better and better, but I guess this is just a comment from a point of frustration dealing with this car company. Vipers are nice too, but no where as near as advanced as this vette. More $$ too. I will wait, very dissappointed with GM and their customer relation department. Why? Not because of the delay, but because they could tell us an "estimated" date, and if that slips, a new "estimated" date. This is all we could expect. Heck, the CEO apparently personally answered the questions, twice, if Gm was to stop building rear wheel drive cars. Why can't they tell us what the estimated release date of our vehicles will be?
WTF this cant be true.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:58 PM
RFC2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by madmax20
WTF this cant be true.
If true, it makes me so glad I moved back to Texas.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:09 PM
bernrex
Safety Car

I will wait, very dissappointed with GM and their customer relation department. Why? Not because of the delay, but because they could tell us an "estimated" date, and if that slips, a new "estimated" date. This is all we could expect. Heck, the CEO apparently personally answered the questions, twice, if Gm was to stop building rear wheel drive cars. Why can't they tell us what the estimated release date of our vehicles will be?

Explain this last paragraph please .... I can't follow your logic
Old 09-06-2005, 03:18 PM
RichardT
Racer

Originally Posted by bernrex
Explain this last paragraph please .... I can't follow your logic
I will wait, because this is the vehilce I want. I think GM should tell us what the extimated delivery/release date is, and to have to get the information from back channels is downright wrong. Where is the customer service? What does it take to get this mega corporation to respond to their clients? Their stockholders complaining that Gm is not building anymore rear wheel drive cars, which prompted a responce, twice, from the CEO?

I surely hope I don't get Gary pissed at me................. I am just trying to say when we are going to get our vehicles, and that I am upset about how I found out - not Gary's fault. This is the only way we can find out when our vehicles will be ready.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:20 PM
RatRacer
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

Well it's a brand new car and delays will happen. QA/QC is more important that ship dates with a car like the new Z06. The ZR-1 was supposed to come out in '89 but it got pushed to the next year to ensure that it was right the first time. The last thing you want is a first year car with loads of problems.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I was in the office when you talked with Gary..He is saying *MAY* not...We are not to sure as you are not to sure..

We get the info just moments before you would..

Adam
Old 09-06-2005, 03:52 PM
sorbee711
Instructor

It seems to me like it would have to be a pretty big issue to hold them that long. Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to **** of customers. Who knows though, big companies tend to forget that annoying customers isn't a good idea.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:56 PM
bmichael
Racer

Originally Posted by Adam Boca
I was in the office when you talked with Gary..He is saying *MAY* not...We are not to sure as you are not to sure..

Adam
thank-you adam..we'll believe you, Please keep us up to date sir!
Old 09-06-2005, 04:11 PM
RichardT
Racer

Originally Posted by Adam Boca

Adam

Adam-

Thanks for your input. I am under the impression that what Gary told me is the most definitive thing that has come out regarding delivery/release dates.

I really, really, hope it is earlier. My conversation with Gary sounded like he received information from a VERY good source, a board member. What board, I have no idea, but board members are usually the decision makers. Gary did say several times, "4th quarter". I understood that this was not official, and he was just trying to be kind to all of us waiting to find out when we are going to get our dream car ( I have only owned one other vette, a 03 Z06, and for only 6 months....!).I also understood that he was just repeating a conversation he was informed of. Jeez, my repeating all of this is so tacky, if only the "board" would put out a press release this would be all moot.

My reason for my posting is frustration with Gm not letting any of their customers have even a tidbit of info. Also, I don't want a vehicle that sits in the repair shop due to bugs not being fixed in the factory. Again, my rant is with the lack of information, not the delay itself. Heck, I am on this forum many times a day, trying to gleam a tiny bit of info as to the release date. When Rick at kerbeck said he heard the release date was on the next Tuesday we all were going crazy with anticipation. Then, the info turned out to be incorrect............ Not his fault, he was just trying to give us information that GM wasn't. am I making sense here?
Old 09-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I see them holding these cars as only helping the customer reduce the potential visits to the dealer for problems. I do not know what they are holding for, not that it really matters, but they are only doing you a favor by holding it till it meets their expectations. The car is still owned by GM till the dealer or your pays for it. They are treating this car like it is theirs till the problems or changes are fixed.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Adam-

Thanks for your input. I am under the impression that what Gary told me is the most definitive thing that has come out regarding delivery/release dates.

I really, really, hope it is earlier. My conversation with Gary sounded like he received information from a VERY good source, a board member. What board, I have no idea, but board members are usually the decision makers. Gary did say several times, "4th quarter". I understood that this was not official, and he was just trying to be kind to all of us waiting to find out when we are going to get our dream car ( I have only owned one other vette, a 03 Z06, and for only 6 months....!).I also understood that he was just repeating a conversation he was informed of. Jeez, my repeating all of this is so tacky, if only the "board" would put out a press release this would be all moot.

My reason for my posting is frustration with Gm not letting any of their customers have even a tidbit of info. Also, I don't want a vehicle that sits in the repair shop due to bugs not being fixed in the factory. Again, my rant is with the lack of information, not the delay itself. Heck, I am on this forum many times a day, trying to gleam a tiny bit of info as to the release date. When Rick at kerbeck said he heard the release date was on the next Tuesday we all were going crazy with anticipation. Then, the info turned out to be incorrect............ Not his fault, he was just trying to give us information that GM wasn't. am I making sense here?
Complete sense, and I can understand your frustration. Just hang with it, you will get your car and your expectations will be surpassed! We (NCM) wish we had all of the correct answers or the anwers you want to hear, but it is almost impossible when dealing with a new car.

We will keep you updated when we have factual information. We will not post info when it is not nailed down.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Blk03Z06
Racer

Default Z06 Delay

I am pissed off as everyone else about this, if it is true.

If they make 20 Z06's per day for 5 days per week then they will have 500+ Z06's backed up when they finally decided to ship. I would expect them to slow production of these vehicles if it is a major problem. Minor QC problems do not cause delays such as these - look at the fuel gauge issue and poor fm/nav reception.

Watch the factory floor - if production slows then we are big trouble. If not then I hope I get mine in time to enjoy before winter sets in.

Marc #509
Old 09-06-2005, 04:50 PM
tome
Melting Slicks

Received 321 Likes on 140 Posts

To all those posting about GM not giving us a date; well they have many times. Even in their latest GM video newsletter, they say 4th qtr 2005.
Keep in mind that in todays internet world, everybody knows all and there are no secrets. We now become aware of things that years ago we never knew. We even have pictures of trucks sitting with cars on them ready to go, not so in the past. In the past when cars were held, we never knew it.

God knows I am as ready as anybody to go pick up my car, but if a couple of weeks delay somehow helps me get a better car, then so be it.

All that said; GM give me my car!!!!, vin 368, nobody will miss it.............
Old 09-06-2005, 05:04 PM
bernrex
Safety Car

Not knowing what the problem is .... I would think most of us would rather it be fixed at Bowling Green than by our local dealers !

That being said ... Now we know why shipment was delayed in the first place.

Get notified of new replies

To Very Bad News.........

Old 09-06-2005, 05:11 PM
royalcasa
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Be glad GM is taking care of the problems before we get our cars I AM . And say thanks to Gary for sharing the info. Thanks Gary, Felix Vin# 502 Plate # R8C ZO6

Last edited by royalcasa; 09-07-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:22 PM
05C6spdvert
Drifting

Just an FYI, the Porsche factory in Germany is cranking out cars after the summer vacation. The cars should start hitting in about 5 weeks, hope I get to see a ZO6 before the next shipment arrives.

Just in case the board wants to know what their prospective customers are up to.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Sack Rat TT
Pro

This sounds a little like the C-6 VERT!! Always better to be patient and get what you can be proud of. Look at Fords GT with its fractured suspension control arms and other problems. Could have led to a fatality. They even wanted to truck the cars to the dealer for repair to avoid the problem. Tire wear problems with Nisson 350Z. This ZO-6 car has too much visability with the public to go out there with known or yet undetected problems. Be glad they have test beds out there puting mileage on the test cars. Worth the wait.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Very Bad News.........