C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help w/ my Exedy

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Brian2001SS
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help w/ my Exedy

I really need your help guys. I don't know how to go about this problem. Well here it is. I purchased a Exedy Hyper single from MTI just before Xmas of 04. I installed the clutch in the early spring along with a new tranny from Rockland Standard Gear. Well, with very wet summer we have had, putting miles on a car that isn't driven that much has taken a long time. So this past weekend, I actually got just over 600 miles on the clutch. Easy driving, no hard stuff. Well I had the oppurtunity last week as well to purchase some ET streets on a set of 17" 10 spoke wheels. Well Friday was the night to try it out. First pass I left at 3500-3800 and it felt fairly strong, but it did bog off the line with only a 2.0 60 ft. Well, it went all down hill from there. 2nd pass I left at 5000 and all I got was the rev limiter, shift light and no tire spin. Just to make sure it was not a one tire breaking loose thing, 3rd pass was the same result from a 4500-5000 dump. 4th try I reduced the rpm down around 4000 and it seemed to at least take off, but as soon as I hit 2nd, it slipped like crazy.

Sorry for the long story, but I am a little dissapointed that I just spent 1300 on a clutch that is a piece of junk. How do I go about getting Exedy to stand behind thier clutch? I only have 409 at the wheels and less than 650 miles on it. Has anyone here delt with Exedy?

I really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

By the way, my father has a 04 Spiral Grey Vette and loves it. It is indeed his baby.

Brian
2001 SS vert
Old 08-28-2005, 09:44 AM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM MATTGOLD on this forum. He is an Exedy Rep

Phil
Old 08-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Brian2001SS
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadRebel
PM MATTGOLD on this forum. He is an Exedy Rep

Phil
Thanks. Will do.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:44 AM
IFLUBYU
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THen let me know how it goes. I have a worthless Exedy Hyper-Twin he can do something about too.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help w/ my Exedy

Quick Reply: Need help w/ my Exedy