Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Interesting Order Question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 09:07 PM
gtb75
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Interesting Z06 Order Question...

I'm looking to get a 2006 Z06 (I know - imagine that), but I don't want to take NCM delivery until late June of 2006. I already have a great relationship with a local dealer and just met with them to discuss the deal. Since I'm so far out, they said that the order won't likely be placed until March or April (but we will be keeping in regular contact). They did assure me that I would have a spot to get one when the time comes, but nothing can be done at the moment. I guess my question is what can I do to ensure that the whole process goes smoothly?

I realize that most of you are looking to get a car sooner rather than later, but I'd really like to keep my NCM delivery date as close to the late June time frame as possible. While I'm sure this is a somewhat unusual request, any input you can share would certainly be helpful

Last edited by gtb75; 08-26-2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:46 PM
gtb75
Instructor

OK - so I found some information in the follwoing threads:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...n&forum_id=100

Any other advice you guys can give me would be great
Old 08-26-2005, 11:51 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, same thing that the 1st dealer I went to told me...3 dealers later and I've finally got a black and white order.

I finally got a call from the 1st dealer 6 months after I was 3rd on their list and was told they wouldn't be able to get me my 3rd place until Sept. 07'.

most dealers are money sucking b..tards.

You need to get a customer order placed with your allocation in writing on the contract with a copy of their allocation letter. Your dealer knows that they will only get the "probable" allocation GM gave them in June for Aug-Dec 05' for Jan-June 06'.

Ask them how many allocation they have for Sept-Dec. and you will have a good idea how many they will have for Jan-June. They have to be a fairly large dealer to have more than a couple of cars.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:18 PM
gtb75
Instructor

I'll certainly keep that advice in mind. I believe the dealer had an allocation of three (one of which is spoken for). Since I want a June NCM delivery, they supposedly can't place my order yet - the car would be completed too early... I guess that makes sense.

Anybody else have any thoughts or advice on this one? Thanks again for all of the help
Old 08-30-2005, 10:17 PM
gtb75
Instructor

One last bump... If anybody else can shed some light on this rather strange request, I'd certainly appreciate it

Get notified of new replies

To Interesting Order Question...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Interesting Order Question...