C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Keeping Cats off your Vette - Continued!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 10:29 AM
smacko
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Keeping Cats off your Vette - Continued!

Hi all;

Sorry - Was just browsing for something else and came across a (now closed) thread asking how to keep a (*****) cat off your 'vette;

I read some interesting answers and I'm sure by now the cat in question has moved on (in one form or another) BUT; since I only last week asked a Vet (Yes, the animal doctor kind) about this very same problem (I have a stray that likes to pee on my vette AND Harley!), and she came up with a solution that seems to work VERY well;

Get one of those plastic spray bottles, fill with plain water and (with nozzle adjusted for squirt rather than wide spray) SQUIRT that ***** whenever you see it near your pride and joy - It really gets into pussies mind whenever it sees you with the squirt bottle thereafter!

Hope that helps :-)
Old 08-23-2005, 10:50 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Thanks for the tip and I'll let the obvious comments go on this one....
Old 08-23-2005, 10:57 AM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Squirt gun is probably the best legal way to train a cat. Now fill the bottle with soft water so you don't spot the car.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Baldturbofreak
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A nice yummy bowl of anti freeze next to your car/harley. I hate cats.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

this is going to get ugly
Old 08-23-2005, 12:24 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak
A nice yummy bowl of anti freeze next to your car/harley. I hate cats.
that is beyond cruel. How about I give you a yummy bowl for breakfast?

The best solution is to leave a scattering of moth ***** around the vehicle in question.

When I lived in Delaware, we had the cat thing, but we also has squirrels. And they were not immune to jumping on cars. And their claws are even more damaging than a cats.

Trust me, most small creatures won't go near moth *****.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:08 PM
AZC4Guy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A paintball gun would be lots of fun. Make sure the velocity is down around 200 fps unless you want to inflict serious harm to the cat. Maybe the owners will keep their kitty inside once it ocmes home w/ bruises and paint all over it.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:30 PM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Cats by vette

I had this problem with some neighbors cat. I kept chasing it off and it kept coming back. I had to replace the convertible top when it ripped at the top of the back glass window. Over $1,500 for a new top and weatherstripping. I'm not very fond of cats anymore, not that I was to begin with. This thing weighed a lot and it used to always sit right in the middle of the convertible top. I took a picture of it one night with the digital camera so I could show the owners and explain to them about the top. Luckily I didn't have to they started keeping it inside I think. My best advice is to take the cat for a ride in the vette one night with the top down and hit a really big bump. oops... j/jk Call the local spca. Did you know in Wisconsin they were talking about opening up hunting season on domestic cats. Maybe you should move there.

Until then take out your frustrations at links below.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/catapult.html
http://www.funny-games.biz/kitten-shooting.html
http://www.funny-games.biz/cat-bat.html
http://www.cvc.org/puzzle/games/cat/

Last edited by rickneworleansla; 08-23-2005 at 01:44 PM. Reason: correction
Old 08-23-2005, 01:35 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I did have one cat tho... forgot all about this thing.

It was a neighbours cat... and I didn't want to hurt it... I just wanted to get rid of it from my property.

So I grabbed my "wrist rocket", a big sling shot, and shot a stone at it. My intention was to aim low and hit the ground. I did... the cat stared at me... bitch... so I wailed another shot, over its head. This one CREASED THE CATS FUR! Right between her ears. The cat shook her head, looked dazed and ran off. I NEVER saw that cat in our yard again.

Luckiest shot I have ever had.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Baldturbofreak
Drifting

Originally Posted by bogus
that is beyond cruel. How about I give you a yummy bowl for breakfast?

If you added up all the times Ive managed to get it in my mouth, eyes, skinn and what not, I probably already have had a bowl or two. I gotta be immune by now.
I got rid of my kitty kitty problems. I have a big black lab who no likey the kitty kitty either . Any he's free to roam.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Lichen
Melting Slicks

Never could understand cat-haters.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:17 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Stuff one in one of the muffler outlets to cut down on that pesky resonance. When you want to uncork it, pull on the tail, and whammo!
I actually have an (indoor) cat, but in general I don't like them;its usually the feral cats that climb up on the cover and slide and scratch their way down the side of my freshly waxed vette.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:27 PM
rickneworleansla
Le Mans Master

Default Cat Trouble

hmm.. Is cat fur non-abrasive? LoL, I love these threads...

Cat-Lovers down 6 to 1.

Last edited by rickneworleansla; 08-23-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Sheesh why don'tcha just keep yer car in the garage. For the cat to be outdoors at night is part of nature....for your Vette to be out there is not.

The water spray bottle is the best solution if the cat is yours. A rolled up piece of newspaper on a dogs nose works well if the dog is yours. Neither the cat or the dog bother my car because they both like to go for rides.
Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2005, 04:29 PM
MikeC4
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Stuff one in one of the muffler outlets to cut down on that pesky resonance. When you want to uncork it, pull on the tail, and whammo!
I actually have an (indoor) cat, but in general I don't like them;its usually the feral cats that climb up on the cover and slide and scratch their way down the side of my freshly waxed vette.
How stupid is that!!! Now you've created an imbalance of back pressure which could wreak havek on your ECM, not to mention a lopping idle. Bottom line, if you can only get your hands on on 1 cat, you must cut it in 2 and stuff equal amounts of kitty part into each exhaust!!!

Old 08-23-2005, 05:26 PM
CentralCoaster
Team Owner

Location: San Diego , CA Double Yellow DirtBags 1985..Z51..6-speed
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
Sheesh why don'tcha just keep yer car in the garage. For the cat to be outdoors at night is part of nature....
Actually no. People buy cats or take em in, feed and care for them, then lock em outside because they don't want their furniture and carpet wrecked by their own cat. They'd rather have it go iceskating on the hood of your vette. Then of course, the people that don't spay/neuter theirs, end up with feral cats everywhere they don't want.

Of course, if my vette accidentally 'damaged' your cat, you'd go postal on me.

The only cats out there "part of nature" are mountain lions and cougars.

The leash laws and pet related ordinances are actually the same for dog and cat, at least last time I read them where I lived.

If free roaming cats are "part of nature" then there's no issue with relocating them to a remote countryside right? Just like they do for bears and coyotes. Actually, I'm pretty sure the Forest Service shoots them.

Last edited by CentralCoaster; 08-23-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Bombervette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could always fill the spray bottle with hydrochloric acid, or gasoline and hold a lighter next to it when you spray. just dont start your car on fire.

Get notified of new replies

To Keeping Cats off your Vette - Continued!

Old 08-23-2005, 05:59 PM
bully-85
Heel & Toe

be glad your problem is only a cat . I have found a siberian husky sleeping on mine in the winter. right on top of the hood . a nice
warm spot.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Stingraynut
Burning Brakes

Hey, the solution is easy - next time the circus is in town, go get some lion dung and leave it around your car and bike.

Once the dung has dried it doesn't smell too bad , but it will keep ALL animals away from your yard and precious machinery !!

S'nut
Old 08-23-2005, 06:30 PM
kopbet89c4
Safety Car

A "friendly warning" is to use a nice pump action Super Soaker and drench it with as much water, or any other liquid so it will leave a lasting impression.

Second warning is a paintball gun or a sling shot.

Most cruel way, I say pellet gun or .22 if you know its stray or its a negligent neighbor you hate who's pet always wrecks havoc, no matter how much you complain to them. If you accidently kill it, I'd recommend you feed it to some starved pigs. They'd fight over it and in a matter of minutes, its gone for good!!

Quick Reply: Keeping Cats off your Vette - Continued!