Sponsored by:

[Z06] Valvetrain upgrades for 02 z06

Old 08-03-2005, 11:10 PM
andrehalito
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Valvetrain upgrades for 02 z06

Reading all the monthly rags have confused me beyond local help so anyone with answers HELP! 02-04 LS6 engine with long tubes ,high flow cats,x-pipe,factory mufflers,Vari-ram and carbon duct,Diablo tuner,MSD wires , irridium plugs and are interested in upgrading the valvetrain. Rocker selection?1.8 or 1.7? If 1.8 will the valve hit the pistons? Behives? Double springs? Titanium retainers? Locks? how about pushrods? Adjustable ,Hardened? O.K. lets say for example you go with 1.8 roler rockers , hardened factory length pushrods,Behive springs with Titanium retainers and Steel locks with a factory cam and factory redline/rev-limit any forseeable issues? How many extra ponies? Where in the RPM band? How is Torque effected?
Old 08-06-2005, 08:28 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

I have run higher ratio rockers on all my daily driven cars since the 96 lt1,a camaross,two z06 cars 01&02 with high mileage.the stock springs are great but dont support higher ratio rockers or much higher rpm.The rockers will give you more power and torque.You didnt ask how so I assume you know.Beehive valvesprings are great allowing a smaller,lighter retainer but are a step below a good set of double springs with Titanium retainers.Pushrods should also be changed for strength and some rockers require a different length.This mod is one of my favorite and also allows you to run a few hundred more RPM.Crane sell a whole matched set rocks,springs,pushrods.Vinci high performance in Florida (Roger) is the expert on these sets.Hope I am of some help.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:34 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by speedz06
I have run higher ratio rockers on all my daily driven cars since the 96 lt1,a camaross,two z06 cars 01&02 with high mileage.the stock springs are great but dont support higher ratio rockers or much higher rpm.The rockers will give you more power and torque.You didnt ask how so I assume you know.Beehive valvesprings are great allowing a smaller,lighter retainer but are a step below a good set of double springs with Titanium retainers.Pushrods should also be changed for strength and some rockers require a different length.This mod is one of my favorite and also allows you to run a few hundred more RPM.Crane sell a whole matched set rocks,springs,pushrods.Vinci high performance in Florida (Roger) is the expert on these sets.Hope I am of some help.
Great info, I've added it to the FAQ camshaft section!

Get notified of new replies

To Valvetrain upgrades for 02 z06

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Valvetrain upgrades for 02 z06