Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] 2001 Z06 Headers and Intake Info.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 08:33 PM
JeremiahsC5
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2001 Z06 Headers and Intake Info.

I just purchased my first Z06 and I love it. However stock is never enough and I am looking for the best parts to upgrade. Was wanting to get some feedback on the best air intake system to go with. I am looking at a few Halltech systems but would love some other ideas. I also would like to put headers on the car. What is the best brand to go with? What size ports do the 01s have. Thanks in advance for all your posts.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:56 PM
CYA-Vett
Melting Slicks

Vararam intake
Kooks Headers

Let the wars begin.............
Old 08-02-2005, 11:03 PM
slong
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CYA-Vett
Vararam intake
Kooks Headers

Let the wars begin.............
No war, what's wrong with some of the best stuff out there.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

I am running the Halltech Stinger, LG motorsports headers and a B&B bullet cat back on my car. I should have some numbers for this on the 20th when I got to the dyno.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:05 AM
JeremiahsC5
Melting Slicks

The only thing the car has now is an 04 air box lid and K&N air filter. The exhaust is a custom made Chambered exhuast system. The car runs very strong but looking to get good numbers on the dyno. What does a stock 01 get on the dyno?
Old 08-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Ranger
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremiahsC5
...What does a stock 01 get on the dyno?
Typical bone-stock 01 Z dyno numbers were in the mid-330s for both rwhp and rwtq. Cars in Texas sometimes strayed above 340.

My 01 pulled 335 rwhp/334 rwtq bone stock. I added a Halltech Tric cold air intake and the numbers jumped to 345 rwhp and 349 rwtq. In that configuration on stock tires the 01 ran 12.14 and on DR it ran 11.94.

For the effects you are seeking, you might want to look for the posts by "ChiefDave" who is doing some modest bolt-on mods to his 01 and has dropped the car a couple tenths into the 11s.

Ranger

Last edited by Ranger; 08-03-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:48 PM
SmacZ
Burning Brakes

Bone Stock dyno 339rwhp 336 rwtq

I added TTS longtubes, X-pipe, Borla Stingers, Halttech Stinger CAI, and I had it tuned.......
372 RWHP 370RWTQ
Old 08-04-2005, 08:30 AM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by Ranger
Typical bone-stock 01 Z dyno numbers were in the mid-330s for both rwhp and rwtq. Cars in Texas sometimes strayed above 340.

My 01 pulled 335 rwhp/334 rwtq bone stock. I added a Halltech Tric cold air intake and the numbers jumped to 345 rwhp and 349 rwtq. In that configuration on stock tires the 01 ran 12.14 and on DR it ran 11.94.

For the effects you are seeking, you might want to look for the posts by "ChiefDave" who is doing some modest bolt-on mods to his 01 and has dropped the car a couple tenths into the 11s.

Ranger
:o Thanks Ranger I just wish I could drive like you!!! I get happy with a .5 R/T.. off topic... best advise is seat time, read ranger's launch guide, hell print it and take it with you and read it between runs, visualize ect...

My 01 went like this, no idea what it dynoed stock, or ran in the 1/4 stock. Since I was a cherry, I got some BFG DRs, 295 35 on Z06 chromies and a Vararam and went to the track (after reading the above guide, thanks Ranger!) and ran 12.8, 12.6, 12.5, 12.4. It was NC heat and I git stuck @ 12.4 @ 113. Tried a hanf held tune, and the car fell flat @ 6k, went back to OEM OCM flash and gained a few MPH. The wheather got cool and I dropped a .1.

Added Borla single tip stingers (love the sound) no change. Got the car dynoed and it made 340 RHP, 340 RT. HAd fun with some Cobras, 911 TT and treed a viper and got many passes and got pretty consistant (not GOOD ).

Added LG Pro Long Tubes, and a tune by Jeff Creech @ CAM, and dropped to an 11.89 @ 118.9, same 60' (1.83 all day). 375 RHP and 373 RT and the car sounds insane Added some MT ET St radials and ran an 11.82 @ 117.8 with a 1.70 short time. It was warmer that day and the tires where new (learned how to do a full burn out that day and I still kept the PSI a little high at 18 as I was fealing them out and the vagueness on top was a bit ). Took out a viper that day (did not want to run after he saw a shake down 12.0 @ 118 "You would post it all over the internet ) naaaa.

Bottom line up front: get some headers LG Pro Kooks... a tune and CAI. The Varaam was a PIA to install and is a little cheap and if I did it again I would go with a TRIC, the long one that goes very low and gets cooler air. Tune that puppy to get rid of CAGS, O2 sensors, ect... and set a baseline for your mods. Get to the track with some Vette brothers and have fun!

I am hoping for a mid to low 11s with bolt ons and a small cam, who knows, I might get some great wheather and get it right and go 11.0 naaa but hey it passes the time here. PM me if you want any more info
Dave

I have an ambitious list of mods for my 2 weeks back in the US in Sep, all in prep for a blower in March (224 228 114, springs, sets reainers ect no in sig yet) trying to build a strong car.

Last edited by chiefDave; 08-04-2005 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:12 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

No opinion just tell you what I run.for 80,000 miles Kooks LT,Xpipe,Blackwing.as far as headers and intake go
Old 08-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by slong
No war, what's wrong with some of the best stuff out there.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Evolution
Drifting

My 01 dynoed 337 rwhp and 344 rwtq, with a Haltech Stinger and DT Supermaxx LT's with cats and a tune from Jeff at CAM I dyno 360 rwhp and 360 rwtq. Only problem is, is that I reach that at just under 5K rpms and it sits there. Need a bigger cam which parts are being assembled right now.
Next round of mods will be a Futral Motorsport F-13 cam, Crane dual springs, pushrods of course, Jwiss chain, QTP oil pump and cover, Meizere water pump and Fluidampner balancer and then get Jeff to tweak the tune.
Dave, I didn't know you were in the 11's man. Nice I'm going to have to put that Spec, DTE brace and shaft in and get out there with you.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:05 AM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by Evolution
My 01 dynoed 337 rwhp and 344 rwtq, with a Haltech Stinger and DT Supermaxx LT's with cats and a tune from Jeff at CAM I dyno 360 rwhp and 360 rwtq. Only problem is, is that I reach that at just under 5K rpms and it sits there. Need a bigger cam which parts are being assembled right now.
Next round of mods will be a Futral Motorsport F-13 cam, Crane dual springs, pushrods of course, Jwiss chain, QTP oil pump and cover, Meizere water pump and Fluidampner balancer and then get Jeff to tweak the tune.
Dave, I didn't know you were in the 11's man. Nice I'm going to have to put that Spec, DTE brace and shaft in and get out there with you.
Hey brother! Yes, long time no see. I am back in the sand box, but I have a pile of stuff @ the house for Jeff in Sept as I have 2 weeks R n R coming up. I finaly put some LG Pro LTs on, and Jeff tuned it... 11.89 1st day, and then with MT ET St radials, 11.82 1st day on those. What a differance. NExt up a blower cam and vavle train, 373 built and beefed up, dte brace, water pump, pullies and a shaner ported TB. O and I am about to buy a full CCW drag package too. Man you have a great list going, and I wonder if I should get a better iol pump while I am at it hmmm... Damn I love your car brother the whole SW thing is sooo cool. I heard they are not doing it for a color on the C6 Z06 either (yet maybe???). PLease do not come to the track and run me as I have never got a win light while trying to run another vet!!!! You, MSG Huff and cajun own my ***!!! I get so geeked out watchin you guys that I foreget what I am doing! The corvette challange guys are going to love owning me too next year!!! Take care brother and hope to see you soon!!!
Dave
Old 08-14-2005, 05:31 AM
Evolution
Drifting

Originally Posted by chiefDave
Hey brother! Yes, long time no see. I am back in the sand box, but I have a pile of stuff @ the house for Jeff in Sept as I have 2 weeks R n R coming up. I finaly put some LG Pro LTs on, and Jeff tuned it... 11.89 1st day, and then with MT ET St radials, 11.82 1st day on those. What a differance. NExt up a blower cam and vavle train, 373 built and beefed up, dte brace, water pump, pullies and a shaner ported TB. O and I am about to buy a full CCW drag package too. Man you have a great list going, and I wonder if I should get a better iol pump while I am at it hmmm... Damn I love your car brother the whole SW thing is sooo cool. I heard they are not doing it for a color on the C6 Z06 either (yet maybe???). PLease do not come to the track and run me as I have never got a win light while trying to run another vet!!!! You, MSG Huff and cajun own my ***!!! I get so geeked out watchin you guys that I foreget what I am doing! The corvette challange guys are going to love owning me too next year!!! Take care brother and hope to see you soon!!!
Dave
Yeah, I here ya. That 11.89 will get me for sure right now. Just keep looking at the SW Z when the lights go green and I'll be okay.
Get up with me if you have some spare time. I know the 2 weeks won't be enuff though with everyone else, I'm sure you want to spend time with.
As always though, keep your head down man.
Will
Old 08-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Pio
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

405 RWHP with LG's, Halltech, Random Cats, a mild cam and a Charlie Tuner tune @ A&A in Oxnard. Wonder what I could do if I had Rangers skill Oh, well just gotta keep practicing!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:19 AM
chiefDave
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by Evolution
Yeah, I here ya. That 11.89 will get me for sure right now. Just keep looking at the SW Z when the lights go green and I'll be okay.
Get up with me if you have some spare time. I know the 2 weeks won't be enuff though with everyone else, I'm sure you want to spend time with.
As always though, keep your head down man.
Will
Will,
I have good memories of seeing the green light and tha back of your car I just suck *** so bad with vettes and I just can not run with one I am going to be running the corvette challange next year @ carolina (moving to Augusta when I get back) and those guys are going to rape me sooo bad..

I had pics somewhere of the last time I saw you at the track and we had the huge Z06 turn out to include 2 SW!!! That is still amazing if you look at the production numbers ect...

I am having fun brother and checking out the forums between work and it helps pass time. Thanks again brother and I will see you in sep hopefully, and if not in sep then feb march for sure.
Dave

Get notified of new replies

To 2001 Z06 Headers and Intake Info.

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2001 Z06 Headers and Intake Info.