Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Installing an Eclipse AVN5435 in a 1SA C6

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Red-C6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing an Eclipse AVN5435 in a 1SA C6

I have been working on installing an Eclipse AVN5435 in my 1SA C6 and have been documenting what I have been doing. I did a "test" install over the weekend to make sure the everything I bought was working properly, that the wiring was correct, and to check how the radio could be physically attached to the console.

I ran into a few problems and would appreciate some experienced help.

The following link will provide you a 32 page Word document describing the installation, with lots of pictures. There is information on the 1SA radio, the AVN5435 radio wiring, the PAC C2R-GM24 wiring harness, and console removal (including pictures). The file is 1.24 MB.

The problems I still face are the last few pages of the document.

http://members.***.net/bestamps/AVN5435V01.doc

I intend to keep this document updated with the solutions to the problems as I receive them. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by Red-C6
I have been working on installing an Eclipse AVN5435 in my 1SA C6 and have been documenting what I have been doing. I did a "test" install over the weekend to make sure the everything I bought was working properly, that the wiring was correct, and to check how the radio could be physically attached to the console.

I ran into a few problems and would appreciate some experienced help.

The following link will provide you a 32 page Word document describing the installation, with lots of pictures. There is information on the 1SA radio, the AVN5435 radio wiring, the PAC C2R-GM24 wiring harness, and console removal (including pictures). The file is 1.24 MB.

The problems I still face are the last few pages of the document.

http://members.***.net/bestamps/AVN5435V01.doc

I intend to keep this document updated with the solutions to the problems as I receive them. Thanks for the help!
Wow, I just fell off my chair That is hands down the best writeup I have ever seen on the forum. Iam still reading
Old 07-25-2005, 08:29 PM
techguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pipedreams
Wow, I just fell off my chair That is hands down the best writeup I have ever seen on the forum. Iam still reading

OK - couple of things ..

There is not Dash kit for a Dbl DIN Radio - So- I have done this a few times .. works well ..

Take the Metra Dash kit -Or equivilent- You need to cut it apart - use the ISO Mount brackets to hold it in place .. then you need to fill in the sides alittle ..

Sorry I have no pics at this time .. But it takes alittle time . The final product is worth it - the kits allows it to be mounted centered and secured tighly in the dash - the OEM bezel snaps right in .

The VSS wire is located in the Pass Wheel Well just behind the tire - almost under the car ..

Pretty simple really ..

the reverse wire - at the shifter or the rear taillights

The Illumination wire . At the Harness-

i tucked the GPS antenna on the pass. side dash corner- works fine

Hope that helps ...

You DO need to connect pin B3 to the Power Ant output.

Good Luk

more questions ?

Soundzplus@aol.com
Old 07-26-2005, 01:09 PM
docrings1
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
C6 FAQ Master

So good it deserves five stars and it has won a place in the C6 FAQ!!!!

Please post here as you update the Word Document so we know to download the latest one incorporating the changes...

Last edited by docrings1; 07-26-2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:50 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As for the antenna...GM uses a small plug. Any radio shop (including Radio Shack) and any auto parts store should carry an adaptor that goes from GM to standard antenna plug. Should cost you $15 or less.

BTW, great write up!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Red-C6
Advanced

The document has been updated to include the resolution of Problem #4 of 6. QuikZilver made the right call! There are also a couple of other less significant updates.

The updated document is at: http://members.***.net/bestamps/AVN5435V01.doc

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Red-C6
Advanced

I now have the AVN5435 permanently installed and I am extremely impressed. I have showed it to a few people today and they all want one in their cars. Still have three things to do to finish the installation - a little work on the sides of the trim plate, the illumination wire and the VSS wire.

There were several problems in the previous version that have been fixed in this version. IF YOU DOWNLOADED A PREVIOUS VERSION, PLEASE REPLACE IT WITH THIS VERSION. There are also many new additions to the document which is now 41 pages and 1.94 MB. Lots of new pictures and new information.

The updated document is at: http://members.***.net/bestamps/AVN5435V01.doc
Old 08-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Red-C6
Advanced

Hooked up the VSS wire tonight and all the Nav problems disappeared. The Eclipse Nav system is awesome and much, much better than the one I have in the Town and Country. It automatically splits the screen at turns with one side showing the turn and the other showing the map! Cool.

Playing with three connectors that have 100 wires going to the Engine Control Module was an interesting experience. Have done some strange wiring to get it inside the car -- still haven't found a clean way to get the wire inside through the firewall.

Will have an updated version of the document (again, with lots of pictures) in the next day or two.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:27 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

You are most definitely a contract attorney, aren't you? If not, you should be! That looks like a phenomenal write-up.

Do you think you could hook us up and do the same for a 1sb with Nav & XM?

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Red-C6
Advanced

The latest version (0.4) has been posted. It includes 14 new pages on how to tap the Vehicle Speed Sense (VSS) wire in the 1SA. All the problems listed in previous versions have been resolved. Still looking for a good way to get wires through the firewall. Currently, I have two wires coming through the door hinges. Would appreciate some ideas.

Latest version at: http://members.***.net/bestamps/AVN5435V01.doc
Old 08-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Red-C6
Advanced

Originally Posted by cmb13
You are most definitely a contract attorney, aren't you? If not, you should be! That looks like a phenomenal write-up.

Do you think you could hook us up and do the same for a 1sb with Nav & XM?

Thanks!
The instructions for the 1SB would be similar. The PAC Audio site has an installation guide that shows the correct harness to use for every variation of the 2005 Covettes. Check: www.pac-audio.com

The wiring is different on the stock harness, but the schematics for the 1SB have already been posted on the forum. You can use these schematics to double-check the correct pins to go to the AVN5435. The PAC wiring harness is probably going to be color-coded correctly. The chart I provided shows what the AVN5435 is looking for.

The console removal instructions would be similar. The 1SB will have some additional wiring connectors to take apart (seat heaters, etc.)

The 1SB with Nav will already have the VSS wire in one of the harnesses, so that will be much easier to tap than in the 1SA.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:27 AM
docrings1
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
C6 FAQ Master

You deserve a special avatar monicker for this write-up... your efforts are to be highly commended. Thank you for paving the unknown with facts and workable solutions!!!!!

The updates to the document and your notifications are much appreciated!!!!

Old 08-11-2005, 12:43 AM
MTV
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05

When will you be posting a C5 write up? Best,

mtv
Old 08-25-2005, 08:44 PM
YELLOHHH
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Red-C6, I'm in Maryland. I'd love to see your install in person sometime. Would you be open to that? Also, Carlisle is this weekend. Are you going, and if so, I could meet you there.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Red-C6
Advanced

Originally Posted by YELLOHHH
Red-C6, I'm in Maryland. I'd love to see your install in person sometime. Would you be open to that?
Sure. I'll PM you with info.

Also, ordered the HD radio interface for the AVN5435 from Crutchfield. Will be adding it in the next couple of weeks. Will update the document after it's completed.

Get notified of new replies

To Installing an Eclipse AVN5435 in a 1SA C6

Quick Reply: Installing an Eclipse AVN5435 in a 1SA C6