Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] cabin partition

Old 07-20-2005, 05:52 PM
MOL
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cabin partition

I'm looking for a cabin partition to be installed right behind the seats so that I can't see all the way down to the trunk.

I tried searching but didn't find anything that could help me

Thanks for you help!
Old 07-20-2005, 06:40 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I have the $99 2.5 inch thick foam (oem carpet and Z06 emblem) from Ecklers. It's a compression fit so no drilling is required like others. I really works well to quell the exhaust and road noise. The cabin cools faster and the stereo sounds better.

You can spend as much as 4 times more for a partition. Andy's comes to mind as one of the more expensive but good looking partitions. It all depends on how much you want to spend and the look your after.

Take a look at the Eckler's:

Here's the reason the Z is so noisy, there is no insulation under the carpet:

Some DynaMat kills most of the noise:

Good luck

Tom
Old 07-20-2005, 06:44 PM
RoHo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look down ten posts on this page, you will see their having a group buy on partitions
Old 07-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Pumba
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 56 Posts

Morton,

Take a look at the Z06 Parts' web site: http://www.zo6parts.com

Old 07-20-2005, 10:15 PM
0ZO6PARTS
Supporting Vendor

Default We have alot to choose from!

Before you decide to pay $100 for hunk of foam,Please check out our product line.

We have the best deal on the net going right now here -

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83864

If you want to spend less - We start our pricing at $159.00.(Free shipping on our full carpet partition with quick release mounting hardware)

Guaranteed not to ever do this like some others that are out there-

Andy

Last edited by ZO6PARTS; 07-24-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:21 PM
0ZO6PARTS
Supporting Vendor

Default I forgot 1 thing!

In stock and absolutely no hagggggle return policy,Try that with some of the big names.I am trying to be as informative as possible since your really are new here and you deserve this info along with all members here.

Here is a pic of the carpet you will recieve if you buy from most others:

Here is what you get from us:We use OEM materials only!We do not offer general black any longer,you will recieve what is pictured here:

Last edited by ZO6PARTS; 07-20-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:35 AM
MOL
Advanced

thanks!
I appreciate your help

Morten
Old 07-21-2005, 01:50 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

How will this partition affect a system? I have a 12" in a box in the trunk but I dont want to buy it and have it muffle the bass. Right now it sounds loud and clear.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:24 AM
Chris.Shea
Drifting

who makes that carpet and where can i get some. im makin an amp rack where people have thier vette trays and want a perfect match.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:02 AM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Originally Posted by ZO6PARTS
Before you decide to pay $100 for hunk of foam...

Hmm... foam. Let me ponder that. Performance car, in which they cut every corner to save weight. Foam, hmm... seems pretty light. MDF...not so light. Not sure what is in yours - I have seen a lot of partitions say they are made from MDF.

Maybe you make a better product, I have no idea, but I'm thinking I wouldn't go blasting foam if I were you without specifically pointing out the ultra light weight space age materials used in my product that make it worth so much more money.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:39 AM
falconsfan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pumba
Morton,

Take a look at the Z06 Parts' web site: http://www.zo6parts.com

Andy makes a nice partition
Old 07-21-2005, 08:09 AM
0ZO6PARTS
Supporting Vendor

Default Thanks

Glad to see I could point out a few things for ya.

If weight savings is a factor,Just remove it.These cars run plenty good with a few extra pounds in them.

Andy
Old 07-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Charles7Mitchell
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MOL
I'm looking for a cabin partition to be installed right behind the seats so that I can't see all the way down to the trunk.

I tried searching but didn't find anything that could help me

Thanks for you help!
Consider making your own. Instead of heavy fiber board you can use light weight sound board. Sound board is also more effective in reducing noise than fiber board because that is what it is made to do. I have one and there is no loss of bass from the sub-woofer. Another advantages to making your own is that you can pick out fabric you like from any fabric store. You can customize it to match your interior. Making your own requires about half a day which included shopping for sound board and fabric and $40 in materials. I used velcro to attach mine so there was no drilling.
I have a 20 lb dog I sometimes take along and I was afraid the Eckler's would not hold her if she lost balance when I accelerated. But the fiber board added much too much excess weight.
BTW, if you sew along the exterior of the partition your stitches will be hidden by both the fabric and the placement of it in the trunk space. The sewing turned out to be an easy part of it and the fabric store people will provide instructions once they see what you are trying to do. I took my cut out sound board into the store and we used it to purchase the right amount of material.
Good luck, whatever you decide.
The following users liked this post:
ArmchairArchitect (05-07-2017)
Old 07-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Z06Rono
Instructor

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
How will this partition affect a system? I have a 12" in a box in the trunk but I dont want to buy it and have it muffle the bass. Right now it sounds loud and clear.
A partition should have little effect on sound from a sub. There would be an effect on mids and tweeters if they are behind the partition.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:22 PM
MOL
Advanced

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
I have the $99 2.5 inch thick foam (oem carpet and Z06 emblem) from Ecklers. It's a compression fit so no drilling is required like others. I really works well to quell the exhaust and road noise. The cabin cools faster and the stereo sounds better.

You can spend as much as 4 times more for a partition. Andy's comes to mind as one of the more expensive but good looking partitions. It all depends on how much you want to spend and the look your after.

I tried to look at Ecklers, but couldn't find the exact product. What is the name or number of it?

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:02 PM
MOL
Advanced

Nevermind, I've found it!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:20 PM
0ZO6PARTS
Supporting Vendor

"who makes that carpet and where can i get some. im makin an amp rack where people have thier vette trays and want a perfect match."

As the C-5 Z06 cam to an end so did the manufacturing of all the materials,contract with gm and supplier no longer exists.

We bought a 3 year supply(1500 yds or 2.5 partitions per yard) when word came down the pipe that it would no longer be available.We are the only location for OEM Z06 CARPET.

We sell it to the public for $45 a yd(36"x60.5")

Hope this helps

Andy

Get notified of new replies

To cabin partition

Old 07-21-2005, 07:25 PM
0ZO6PARTS
Supporting Vendor

"How will this partition affect a system? I have a 12" in a box in the trunk but I dont want to buy it and have it muffle the bass. Right now it sounds loud and clear."

I spent many years in car audio and found more subs in trunks of cars play through just fine.Sub-bass is undirectional,so it will travel as we all know.Expect a little more gain to be added to the amp that is on the subs,but no biggy.You will also get less cone distortion since the woofer is behind the wall simular to a bandpass box which filters all cone distortion.

Andy
Old 07-21-2005, 07:31 PM
0ZO6PARTS
Supporting Vendor

"Instead of heavy fiber board you can use light weight sound board"

We can sell you a partition that weights in at a whole 7lbs....Hmmm.

or

I can sell you the material (board cnc cut already)and you can cover it your self like Charles Mitchell would like everybody to do,for $20.00 plus shipping.But you will need to take half a day off and go find some materials to cover it in,But that is no biggy.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Charles7Mitchell
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZO6PARTS
"Instead of heavy fiber board you can use light weight sound board"

We can sell you a partition that weights in at a whole 7lbs....Hmmm.

or

I can sell you the material (board cnc cut already)and you can cover it your self like Charles Mitchell would like everybody to do,for $20.00 plus shipping.But you will need to take half a day off and go find some materials to cover it in,But that is no biggy.

What is your problem? I never recommended anyone make their own partition. I simply suggested it as another option and listed some of the advantages. I'm not the one trying to make any money here and forgive me if my comments got in the way of your profit statement. I do find it difficult to figure how something I can make in a few hours for under $40 ends up costing $200 or more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] cabin partition