Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Hooking AVIC 1 up to the PCM.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 09:53 AM
boatboatboat
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooking AVIC 1 up to the PCM.

I have had an AVIC for almost a year, and the vehicle dynamics wire has NOT been hooked up to the PCM. The wire(pink) is hooked to the AVIC, and all ready to go into the PCM, but, I have no idea where or how to hook up. My car is getting worked upon so i have the ability at the moment to have it on a lift. I guess there are "pin #'s" on a PCM, and the pink wire goes into a "pin #"? Can someone please give me some help in hooking this up.

Thanx

Jim
Old 07-19-2005, 12:00 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16

Default Hope this helps...

Is the pink the speed sensor wire ?? if so here you go.

After some, disassemble of the dash of course with the service Manual in hand! I found the right green/white wire. It goes to the plug on the back of the instrument cluster. Actually there are two green/whites, one is for the Oil Temp the other is the speed sensor wire.

After unplugging the connector from the cluster you will find two green/white stripe wires, you will want the Green/white (A7-circuit 817) with a Tan/white (A6-circuit 33) above it and a black (A8-circuit 150 ) below it..The other green/white (A10-circuit 357) oil temp has a blank and a gray on each side.

pin..wire
A5 Blank….
A6…Tan/White
A7 Speed Sensor…Green/White
A8…Black
A9 Blank
A10 Oil Temp…Green/White
A11…Gray

http://www.vetteessentials.com/inst...ezel_howto.html

Step 9c shows the plug...I did not have to remove the cluster to reach it just pull it forward..
Old 07-19-2005, 09:36 PM
boatboatboat
Drifting

thank you.

Could I also tap into this Green wire with white stripe at the PCM, rather then taking the dash apart?
Old 07-19-2005, 10:21 PM
cmeflyby
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Alhambra Calismognazifornia, in the country everyone comes just to complain but won't go back home!

Originally Posted by boatboatboat
thank you.

Could I also tap into this Green wire with white stripe at the PCM, rather then taking the dash apart?
don't bother taking the dash apart. just remove the knee bolster and find the bundle of wires, use a wire tap and try one of the two green/white wires, turn on HU and see if it recognizes the signal, if yes you're done, if no disconnect wiretap and switch it to the other green/white wire, put the knee bolster back on and go for a drive.

i also have avic-n1 btw but i'm not running with the speed sensor wire hooked up.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:12 AM
FASTAZU
Race Director

2018 C4 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by boatboatboat
thank you.

Yes you can, I just did not want to put a hole in the firewall. cmeflyby sounds like he has an easy way to get at the wire, I just was not sure so I went to the plug. As much electronics as is in a C5 I did not want to take the chance of shorting something out.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I was wondeing about this.

does the stock head unit work off a speed sensor wire as well? It has that volume thing that turns up the stereo louder as you go faster. if yes, then would the green wire with the white stripe on the back of the stock stereo harness be the speed sensor wire?
Old 09-07-2005, 08:56 PM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bill mcdonald
I was wondeing about this.

does the stock head unit work off a speed sensor wire as well? It has that volume thing that turns up the stereo louder as you go faster. if yes, then would the green wire with the white stripe on the back of the stock stereo harness be the speed sensor wire?
Nevermind, did some more searching and found that it is just a speaker wire.

Wish I would of seen the post about the wire being in the cluster while I was installing my HUD. would of nailed it right then.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:07 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

2018 C4 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16

Bill hope you get things worked out...I tried the green/white on the raido plug also..it is a speaker wire.

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Hooking AVIC 1 up to the PCM.

Quick Reply: Hooking AVIC 1 up to the PCM.