Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Z06's with Corsa Exhaust, need feedback!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 01:00 PM
jay'szo6
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06's with Corsa Exhaust, need feedback!!!!

I've been debating on which exhaust to get for the Z. Going back and forth between Corsa, B&B, and Borla. I've finally settled on the Corsa Pace Car exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. I've only heard the sound clips on the corsa website. I want to hear some in person eventually. Are there any resonance issues? Where would be the best place to get them from? I'd also probably add a x pipe. I've heard good things about the Magnaflow x pipe. Any feedback is appreciated.

Jason
Old 07-09-2005, 01:20 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Well, I was told I had the Corsa exhaust on my Z06 and I've had mixed results from people. Some love the loud rumble, but others dont like the sound that of it. Like it's a boat. I myself like it but it is loud, and definately gets the cops attention. Expecially in CA.

Here's a link for different exhaust clips: http://www.thx2.net/exhaust.htm
Old 07-09-2005, 06:14 PM
game on
Pro

You have a great sounding, light weight exhaust system.

To wake it up and add hp/trq, add Kooks long tube headers, with x pipe high flow cats. X pipe without cats will kill you on a long trip.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:58 AM
ZaydeZ06
Pro

Think twice before getting rid of the great "stock" Ti exhaust system.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Pumba
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 56 Posts

Jason,

I have the Corsa Pro Series 3.5 Touring Edition on my Z06, with L.G. Motorsports long-tube headers. When you have headers on your Z, this in my opinion is a perfect package. Quiet enough for conversation while cruising or idling, yet loud and powerful sounding when you put your foot down.

I started with the Pro Series 3.5 Pace Car Edition, with Corsa's X-pipe. The Corsa X-pipe cancels the motorboat burlbing sound of the stock Corvette X-pipe. I found the Pace Car Edition too loud for my tastes after I installed my L.G. Motorsports headers.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 07-11-2005, 12:27 PM
ma2kz06
Advanced

I have the Corsa Indy Pace system on my Z06 and love it. It's a great system that's very tame under normal cruising but can get out right nasty when you want to get on it. I have heard Borla Stingers and B&B Bullets person as well. Both very nice systems, but also very loud. I love they way they sound, but new I would grow tired of the resonance and volume all the time.

The Indy's seem to be a great compromise. No resonance at all and lets face some of the best tips out there

Good luck with your decision
Old 07-11-2005, 01:27 PM
jay'szo6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ma2kz06
I have the Corsa Indy Pace system on my Z06 and love it. It's a great system that's very tame under normal cruising but can get out right nasty when you want to get on it. I have heard Borla Stingers and B&B Bullets person as well. Both very nice systems, but also very loud. I love they way they sound, but new I would grow tired of the resonance and volume all the time.

The Indy's seem to be a great compromise. No resonance at all and lets face some of the best tips out there

Good luck with your decision
Are you running an aftermarket x pipe, or stock? Where did you get your set up from? How much did it run, if you don't mind me asking? How was the installation? Thanx!!
Old 07-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Sean2000C5
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the corsa indy's on my 2000C5 and liked them. didn't do the xpipe on that car and wish I did. For my 02Z I decided to do the Dynomaxx headers and xpipe with power cats and leave the stock mufflers. The car sounds great now and is plenty loud when you go more than half throttle or take the rpms up. The corsa's on a Z06 may be a bit much IMO especially without an xpipe.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:58 PM
alssiri
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Corsa touring with LG LT's O/R x pipe,quite while crusing & screams when you slam it.
You wont regret it

Ahmad
Old 07-18-2005, 02:11 PM
ma2kz06
Advanced

Originally Posted by jay'szo6
Are you running an aftermarket x pipe, or stock? Where did you get your set up from? How much did it run, if you don't mind me asking? How was the installation? Thanx!!
I got the Corsa X-pipe. I originally wanted the Magnflow but my installer did not want to deal with two different manufacturers, even though they are supposed to bolt right up to each other. I wanted the job done right so I went with the combo he thought would make for the best finish. The Corsa is just as good as the Magnaflow I think, so it was not that big of a deal to me.

The cost of the install was a little over a $100. I had him tack weld the system as others in this forum recommended because the clamps can loosen up and cause the tips to go out of alignment.

I got my setup through East Coast Corvette's. Todd is a great guy and will hook you right up. I got the system when they were running a sale, so try and look out for those. East and West Coast Corvettes seem to have some of the best prices I have seen on this particular system.

Don't forget to mention you are a forum member.

Hope this helped.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:40 AM
0Todd@EastCoastCorvettes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jay'szo6
I've been debating on which exhaust to get for the Z. Going back and forth between Corsa, B&B, and Borla. I've finally settled on the Corsa Pace Car exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. I've only heard the sound clips on the corsa website. I want to hear some in person eventually. Are there any resonance issues? Where would be the best place to get them from? I'd also probably add a x pipe. I've heard good things about the Magnaflow x pipe. Any feedback is appreciated.

Jason
Jason, to answer your questions...there is NO resonance issue with the Corsa Pace Car exhaust, with or without an x-pipe. there are a couple of comparable x-pipes as well, magnaflow, bassani and our new one.
shoot me an e-mail and i will put together a quote for you.

todd - ecc
ecc mail
Old 07-22-2005, 03:32 PM
jay'szo6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Todd@EastCoastCorvettes
Jason, to answer your questions...there is NO resonance issue with the Corsa Pace Car exhaust, with or without an x-pipe. there are a couple of comparable x-pipes as well, magnaflow, bassani and our new one.
shoot me an e-mail and i will put together a quote for you.

todd - ecc
ecc mail
email sent!
Old 07-30-2005, 11:45 PM
jaysz06
Cruising

i put a basani x pipe without the cats.. Sounds like a race car when you put your foot in it....
Old 08-06-2005, 12:45 PM
RDY2RUN
4th Gear

I know several folks who have this exact setup. I wanted it BAD for the tigershark look. but after hearing the Corsa Pace Car at idle, I just couldn't do it. It does indeed sound like a Cris Craft motorboat engine-exactly like it. some have said that adding an x-pipe gets rid of it, both the folks I know don't have one.

it has little to no resonance issues, but even when you stand on it, it just wasn't aggressive enough for me.

I wanted more of what I consider a small block V-8 sports car sound-I like a gurgling, slightly boomy sound at idle.

I chose the Borla Stingers. From what I have seen of the polls done on this site and z06vette.com, they seem to be the most popular.

People stop me in traffic all the time saying that my car sounds "hot and nasty". that was my most recent compliment.

It's just the purest V-8 sound I have heard without being over exagerated.

but you will find that like everything else, EVERYBODY has a different opinion on exhaust.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06's with Corsa Exhaust, need feedback!!!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06's with Corsa Exhaust, need feedback!!!!