Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Calling all oil burners. My second valley pan?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 07:47 PM
jwg2
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Calling all oil burners. My second valley pan?

Perhaps I file this under "Fool me once, shame on you fool me twice shame on me."

After going through the valley pan replacement and still failing the oil consumption test, the dealer agreed to the ring job on my 01 (GMPP's dime). Dropped the car off for the big job, they call me a day later and tell me it just needed the valley pan job again.

I'm incredulous. The service manager couldn't explain why this might be; he either hadn't talked to the mechanic or didn't have a good story from the mechanic. Is this plausible, or am I getting yanked around?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:25 PM
maticam
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my re-ring done at tom jumper in atlanta, ga great dealer to work with I just called them and they ordered the parts got call to bring in they had it for a week and they gave me a retal car... call them>>> art
Old 06-08-2005, 10:51 PM
KMeloney
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jwg2
After going through the valley pan replacement and still failing the oil consumption test, the dealer agreed to the ring job on my 01 (GMPP's dime). Dropped the car off for the big job, they call me a day later and tell me it just needed the valley pan job again.
BS! You're indeed getting your chain yanked.

The valley seal replacement has solved some folks' oil issues (supposedly), but I've never heard of this being done TWICE. Hell, if didn't do what it was supposed to the first time, then that means there's a rind problem. Why did they say that this had to be done a second time? I don't get it. I think they're just stalling.

-Kirk
Old 06-09-2005, 07:15 AM
jwg2
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KMeloney
BS! You're indeed getting your chain yanked.

The valley seal replacement has solved some folks' oil issues (supposedly), but I've never heard of this being done TWICE. Hell, if didn't do what it was supposed to the first time, then that means there's a rind problem. Why did they say that this had to be done a second time? I don't get it. I think they're just stalling.

-Kirk

the service manager had a limp response, something like "must have needed it". I'm going to call again today and see if I can talk to the mechanic.

Get notified of new replies

To Calling all oil burners. My second valley pan?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Calling all oil burners. My second valley pan?