Sponsored by:

[Z06] Paint Z06 screens black?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 05:08 AM
SilverBulletZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Z06 screens black?

I have a '01 QS Z and one thing I noticed about the car is that it looks a little "silver washed" when I first got it. I got some black/machined lip Z06 rims and that added a little difference. the hood accent stripes broke up a bit of large hood. Now I'm thinking of getting the rest of the screen inserts, taking all the screens and having them painted black.

Anyone seen/done/photoshopped this?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:41 AM
dfwroadkill
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06
I got some black/machined lip Z06 rims and that added a little difference. the hood accent stripes broke up a bit of large hood. Now I'm thinking of getting the rest of the screen inserts, taking all the screens and having them painted black.

I have seen the screens painted black on QS... as anything of this nature, it's a matter of personal taste... In my opinion, it gave the car a more menacing look...

About the hood stripes, everyone has their preference about whether stripes should be anywhere on a Vette... However, I think the right stripe on a hood, one being subtle, would be right for me. Because I have a Maggie, Mike's CE stripes sold here on the forum won't work with the raised hood... and, of course, they are anything but subtle.. I'd be interested in seeing your stripes as I continue to search for just the right idea...

Roadkill
Old 05-23-2005, 09:24 PM
bobby777
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If the General wanted black screens,stripes ect. He would have had them as an option. Glad he didnt!
Old 05-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Dennis Wilson
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I did mine on my black Z06 & I think it looks great. Used gloss black rustoleum & masked around the screens & just dabbed it on with a small brush Just have to touch it up once in awhile.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:17 PM
dfwroadkill
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Originally Posted by bobby777
If the General wanted black screens,stripes ect. He would have had them as an option. Glad he didnt!
I guess the whole aftermarket can shut down and go home... If the General didn't put it on there to start with, that makes it wrong... Hope you love your plain jane ride....
Old 05-24-2005, 09:25 AM
HP_Addict
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it would look good. I have a QS car with black CE stripes, black CCW wheels and black turn signal covers. I think the black screens would look good. You would probably have to remove them to paint them right. Which is no easy task with a Vararam. The other side which I think needs some balck is the rear end, maybe paint around the exhaust tips.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:37 AM
IS300_to_C5
Instructor

Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06
I have a '01 QS Z and one thing I noticed about the car is that it looks a little "silver washed" when I first got it. I got some black/machined lip Z06 rims and that added a little difference. the hood accent stripes broke up a bit of large hood. Now I'm thinking of getting the rest of the screen inserts, taking all the screens and having them painted black.

I was contemplating on doing this past weekend. I am also interested to see it in photoshop version first.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:40 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a QS and would love to black out the screen. But I'd like to see a few photo's first.

Tom
Old 06-02-2005, 03:41 PM
kasper-pA-
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '05, '14, '15

any1 have pics yet or ... i want to see pics!! heheh

Get notified of new replies

To Paint Z06 screens black?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Paint Z06 screens black?