Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Default When the spray goes bad... burnt Z06

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1064802
Old 04-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Z06ufgrad2002
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure where that track is but, based on the ridiculous response from the safety personell; I would never use that track.
The guy just stands there with the extiguisher watching the car burn.
That's just plain unbelievable.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:32 PM
JOHNNY P.
Drifting

Location: IF YOUR BIG DOLLAR PROJECT DOESN'T RUN 9'S OR BETTER ....BURN IT ! SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND GRAB A LANE ! CHICAGO IL. -------- HOME OF THE FASTEST STREETCARS BARNONE !
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06ufgrad2002
I'm not sure where that track is but, based on the ridiculous response from the safety personell; I would never use that track.
It's located in Union Grove Wisconsin, It's a good Track except when Your car is on Fire. TuffEnuff(Brian) said he wanted to wait for the Nitrous Bottle to empty before approaching it for safety reasons.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:50 PM
MikeNMaxZO6
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHNNY P.
It's located in Union Grove Wisconsin, It's a good Track except when Your car is on Fire. TuffEnuff(Brian) said he wanted to wait for the Nitrous Bottle to empty before approaching it for safety reasons.
Don't blame the guy, let the fireball go away!
Old 04-15-2005, 07:59 PM
G.Hychko
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a *** camerman, I wana slap that B*tch, too bad for whoever had that sweet Z
Old 04-16-2005, 11:14 AM
z06pdq
Le Mans Master

Location: Only in America can you get paid that much money for crying --the state of Texico

Originally Posted by JOHNNY P.
nitrous is not flammable.what's burning the car is fuel.[intake explosion]looks like he bogged off the line w/no window switch.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Evolution
Drifting

It's amazing to me how the two idiots behind the camera actually think a car on fire is funny.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:54 PM
scottbennett62
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Was that you Cobra?, man i hope not! you remember me from RA in 03? Me and my bud are going back in September.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:40 PM
HOMER308
Instructor

Default Better video of Z06 at Great Lakes

My son had friends who were there - there's a good thread on this at the Great Lake Dragaway forum with a great video:

Z06 at GLD

Z06 good video

Originally Posted by Z06ufgrad2002

Last edited by HOMER308; 04-20-2005 at 08:43 PM. Reason: another link
Old 04-20-2005, 11:11 PM
SpdKilz
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The Z06 good video (posted above my Homer) is actually a tribute video I made of the aforementioned Z06. The owner, James, is a friend of mine and the president of my car club, Shocker Racing.

He told his insurance the truth, and they decided to indeed pay up.

I also want to alleviate some misconceptions. James wrote this so that people will hear the correct story:

"For those of you who don't know what happened I thought I would set the record straight, since I have read a lot of speculations and bs about what people think happened. As you all know we were at the track on Saturday and as I began to accelerate from the starting line I heard a loud POP! Then I saw my hood open and the motor on fire! I jumped out of the car and got away. The track employees then put the fire out with extinguishers. Yes, I was running a TNT Wet Nitrous kit and my insurance company knows this. I have read some speculation that this was because the window switch was bypassed and all sorts of other BS, but the fact is that it was running properly through the window switch and that I had taken every safety precaution possible when selecting my system and having it installed. I have since reported this incident to my insurance company the exact way it happened. Many people scare you about telling the truth to your insurance company when it involves the track, but I couldn't live with myself concocting some BS story. I thought to myself if I can't count on State Farm to back me when I need them most, who can I count on. If I was drunk and crashed into 4 cars and injured or killed people they would have to back me, so why shouldn't they back me when I am doing something completely legal that keeps the racing off the streets? I am now just playing the waiting game to find out what State Farm is going to do from here and I will keep you all posted. I wanted to thank all of you who helped me out with this incident, it is times like this when you start to realize who your friends are, and that there are a lot of haters out there. Thanks to everyone including the guys at GLD for their help."

Enjoy,

Carleton
Old 04-21-2005, 12:20 AM
janoz06
Instructor

I am glad he is OK
I hope his experience with insurance companies is better than mine
Old 04-21-2005, 12:23 AM
hocheehoba
Instructor

Originally Posted by SpdKilz
The Z06 good video (posted above my Homer) is actually a tribute video I made of the aforementioned Z06. The owner, James, is a friend of mine and the president of my car club, Shocker Racing.

I also want to alleviate some misconceptions. James wrote this so that people will hear the correct story:

"For those of you who don't know what happened I thought I would set the record straight, since I have read a lot of speculations and bs about what people think happened. As you all know we were at the track on Saturday and as I began to accelerate from the starting line I heard a loud POP! Then I saw my hood open and the motor on fire! I jumped out of the car and got away. The track employees then put the fire out with extinguishers. Yes, I was running a TNT Wet Nitrous kit and my insurance company knows this. I have read some speculation that this was because the window switch was bypassed and all sorts of other BS, but the fact is that it was running properly through the window switch and that I had taken every safety precaution possible when selecting my system and having it installed. I have since reported this incident to my insurance company the exact way it happened. Many people scare you about telling the truth to your insurance company when it involves the track, but I couldn't live with myself concocting some BS story. I thought to myself if I can't count on State Farm to back me when I need them most, who can I count on. If I was drunk and crashed into 4 cars and injured or killed people they would have to back me, so why shouldn't they back me when I am doing something completely legal that keeps the racing off the streets? I am now just playing the waiting game to find out what State Farm is going to do from here and I will keep you all posted. I wanted to thank all of you who helped me out with this incident, it is times like this when you start to realize who your friends are, and that there are a lot of haters out there. Thanks to everyone including the guys at GLD for their help."

Enjoy,

Carleton

Well if his insurance does not cover it, does he have a FUND people can donate to? I would surely give a few bucks to help a fellow Z owner. Not like he was drunk or stupid, just unlucky.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:03 AM
SpdKilz
Burning Brakes

If you read in my post, I state that insurance did decide to pay up....thankfully!

Carleton
Old 04-21-2005, 01:55 AM
2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Drifting

Thats sucks. Too bad that jacka$$ just stood there with the fire ext..
Old 04-21-2005, 07:56 PM
TopSpeedNeed
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

I have the same system on my 04 Z16, did anyone ever find out what caused the problem, I've yet to have a problem, but I dont think I'll be so lucky with my insurance co....after watching that, I'm wondering if I should take mine off the car ???
Old 04-21-2005, 08:23 PM
ronman99vette
Racer

Enjoy,

Carleton

Sorry about your luck with the car. James sounds like a stand up guy based on his actions with the insurance company. Things seem to work out for honest people. Nice video Carleton.
R
Old 04-21-2005, 09:05 PM
janoz06
Instructor

If you read in my post, I state that insurance did decide to pay up....thankfully!

Carleton
You said they paid up,then when you are quoting James he says"I am now just playing the waiting game to find out what State Farm is going to do from here and I will keep you all posted".
That's why I was confused

Get notified of new replies

To When the spray goes bad... burnt Z06

Old 04-21-2005, 09:13 PM
SpdKilz
Burning Brakes

Ahh, sorry man! My mistake

But yes, they did pay up!
Old 04-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Carleton

I missed the end of the story, that's good to hear.

Is he getting another Vette?
Old 04-23-2005, 05:29 PM
SpdKilz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Lancer033
I missed the end of the story, that's good to hear.

Is he getting another Vette?
Yep! He is currently looking at a Black C6

Quick Reply: [Z06] When the spray goes bad... burnt Z06