C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Feel free to use this thread as a Q&A forum. It'll always be at the top for quick reference. I'll answer any questions about blowers, fuel system upgrades, engine combinations etc. Others are welcome to chime in with pertinent information, dyno and performance results or questions about my system.
Remember, I distribute and install Vortech, Magnuson, Procharger, Racetronix fuel systems, Kenne Bell Boost A Pumps, Eagle cranks and rods, Comp Cams, Diamond Pistons, AFR heads, 8 rib pulley systems, Methanol injection kits, as well as a host of trick supercharger upgrades. I'll be glad to answer questions about any of these also.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:43 PM
addicted
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My dyno sheet speaks for my views about Andy. I like on the far east coast, and I have been very happy with results and service. I have a forged 346, Stage II heads, P1SC, all from Andy. It makes 600RWHP and 500RWTQ. Just waiting on my new Level V from Andy/FLP.

see my dyno sheet at:

home.rochester.rr.com/blownvette
Old 04-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Robiwan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Andy,

Almost done with this winters mods - your P1SC, alky system, racetronix, #42's, PLX WB02 and EVILive. Here are my questions:

1) What should I do with the PVC valve system?? Specifically, under boost, how do I not blow the seals and things, and under vacuum, not put oil into the intake, MAF etc.?? Should I install some sort of BOV or system for when I let off the gas at high boost situations??

2) Can I install the #42 injectors and drive to the dyno or try a couple of street tunes with EVILive?? Can you help me get close and help me with the EVILive tables??

Thanks,
Scott
Old 04-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Robiwan: The PCV, in most cases will block pressure back to the crankcase. If not, a small check valve van be put in line.
The nipple on the throttle body that originally went to the valve cover is capped off. The kit comes with a 3/8" cap. Run the provided 3/8" hose down to the air filter. That will let the crankcase breath. In extreme cases, a catch can can be added in line.
The kit already has a BOV included.
I can send you an LS1 Edit file at N/C. You'll just have to transfer the IFR tables, PE tables, high octane spark and the 1514 airflow tables into EFI live. ( I'm assuming you have the tuning version) That should get you plenty close.

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107
Old 04-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Robiwan
Instructor

Andy,
Thanks. So the BOV installed in the blower line in front of the your pulley assy, will see vacuum from the T at the brake booster and release the built up pressure - cool. Do you have a P/N and vendor for the check valve?? What catch can do you recommend, as I don't want a chance for any oil to get into the intake through the air filter??

Please send me the file so I can try to convert to EVI.....I guess its OK then to change over to the 42# injectors with those changes installed??

Thanks for all your help,
Robi
Old 04-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Yes, that's what the BOV does.
Send me an email with your year, trans, mods etc. and I'll send you an LS1 edit file that will be close.
I have check valves too.
There are a bunch of different catch cans. I really don't have a favorite.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:50 AM
BlownV6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy,

I'm looking at going with a Procharger kit. I was thinking about the P1 because i don't plan on going with anything super crazy. I do plan on going to LT's/X and a stall in the future but that's about it. What do you suggest? A P1 kit or a D1 kit? Thanks

Ron
Old 04-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Ron: Definately a P1SC-1. With my custom setup, the P1SC-1 is capable of making 600RWHP on a properly set up engine.
(I definately would not suggest that with a stock short block)
A P1SC-1 can be spun faster,making better low end power, without making too much up top. I don't like the idea of underdiving a D1 so as not to kill the motor. You lose a lot of low end torque that way.
A P1SC-1 with a 4.10 pulley makes more boost with my system than a 3.85 pulley on a stock setup. A D1SC with a 4.75 pulley would probably make about the same total boost as a P1SC-1 with a 4.10. But the D1 with a 4.75 would not make the low end torque of the P1SC-1.
I have a bunch of forged short blocks running around with 600 RWHP on a P1SC. If you have aspirations of going beyond that, then a D1 is a better choice.
If you go with my setup, I'm available anytime for help with the install or any technical questions. My cell phone is always on!
Old 04-12-2005, 03:39 PM
DickieC.99
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Andy!

I am VERY interested in your P1SC-1 kit. I have never installed a S/C system before but I have been working on cars for years. This instal seems very manageable. Here are some Q's:

Besides the injectors the kit comes with there is nothing else I need to do to the fuel system?

I am anticipating buying a S/C in 2 month, give or take, and keeping it OFF the track the rest of this season. On the street with street tires how long could I realistically expect the stock non Z clutch to last. A day? It has 33K on it, engages high but feels strong through the gears. Basically, I would like to cut costs up front - enjoy the extra power on the street this summer and wait until this coming winter to uprade everything else. How retarded am I being..?

Just out of curiosity what BOV does this setup come with? I think I can see the top of a Vortech BOV in one of your online pics but I'm not positive.

Thanks, Rich

Last edited by DickieC.99; 04-12-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

A lot of guys have done the install at home. It's not that bad at all. I'll get calls at 9:00PM from someone under a car with install questions. If I'm awake, I'm available to help!
42# injectors do come with the system but you will need an in tank pump or a Boost A Pump. At your HP level, either one will do.
I wouldn't mess with the clutch until it gives you problems. It should still last a while. The tires should give up before the clutch does. Put it on drag radials, and then it's a different story.
It comes with a small Bosch valve for the $4995 price. The Vortech billet race valve or the even the "Mondo " valve are available options.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:39 AM
DickieC.99
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@AandACorvette
It comes with a small Bosch valve for the $4995 price. The Vortech billet race valve or the even the "Mondo " valve are available options.
1) Whats the turnaround between time of order and when the kit leaves your doors? I have emissions (OBDII scan only) end of june and will want everything on and running and rear o2's deleted (probably with your mail order tune for now). So I'm curious when I'll need to order to get the kit here in time for instal.

2) How much extra to upgrade the BOV to one of the Vortech units -Race, Mondo? Wouldn't the mondo be overkill for the base kit? Do you carry anything other than Vortech? I've had the "race valve" on a previous car and didn't care for it much. If you don't, how much would it be to just have the flange added if I decide to go with another BOV that uses the same 2 bolt flange, like a GReddy unit? Also where is the valve placed, on the inlet tube?

Thanks for your time Andy,
Rich
Old 04-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

It's usually about 2-5 days to get the kit together and out the door. Unfortunately, Procharger is way behind producing the head units for me. It's been running a couple of weeks. Once they're caught up I'll try to keep at least 5 P1s and a couple of D1s on the shelf at all times.
My intercoolers are made 20 at a time and Bell automatically starts on 20 more as soon as we get low. Intercoolers are rarely a problem.
The powdercoater sometimes hangs me up for a week, but I'm trying to have at least 30 sets of tubing done at a time so I don't run out. ( like I did today )
By the time you're ready, everything should be in stock and ready to ship quickly.
The Vortech BOV is $275, including a welded flange and exhaust filter. The Mondo is about $50 more than that. And your right, the Mondo is sort of overkill.
If you want any other kind of valve like a Tial, Greddy or whatever, just send me the mounting flange and I'll weld it on the tube and assemble the valve on the tube at no charge. I just did a Tial the other day. It sounded mean! I think I'll try to get a line on some of those.
The valve is placed on the first tube after it exits the blower. It seems to be a little quieter there because it's surrounded by the engine, fans, etc. It seems to react quicker being closer to the blower.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:23 PM
bikeone
Instructor

Default Vortech vs Procharger ??

Andy,
I've read dozens of great posts on your Procharger kits but, none about your Vortech kit. Is the Vortech kit a head unit with your hardwear like your Prochager kit?? The idea of the Vortech being quieter sounds good to me or are they both about the same??
Thank you
Old 04-16-2005, 12:46 AM
Doczo6
Burning Brakes

Hey Andy I was just wondering will I need a different BOV with the f1r I just ordered? Which one comes in the kit? Thanks
Old 04-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette

Bikeone: The Vortech is a standard Vortech kit. I've done no modifications to it. It's a good kit, but a little more complicated and more expensive.

Docsz06: I'd run the Mondo with your F1R. Give me a call over the weekend. Let's go over your whole plan.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Doczo6
Burning Brakes

Ok Andy I will call you today
Old 04-18-2005, 01:38 AM
oufan2929
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Andy, I've got an 8.8-1 CR 408 that I'm breaking in at the moment. I'm looking to hit 700+rwhp. As of right now I've just got a racetronix fp and 42lb injectors.So I know I will be needing bigger injectors, will I need a bap as well. I had initial goals of putting an F1R on my car, but my car is a 90% street driven car, so I didn't want to overkill. But I am afraid I may regret not going all out the 1st time. What do you think? How much more extensive is the F1R over the D1 setup and what are the costs differences between the two. What will I need to get to 700+rwhp on pump gas and how much will that setup be? PM me if ya need to. Thanks a lot!--Andy N.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette

You'll need 60# injectors at a minimum., possibly even 75#. A BAP will definately be needed to push that kind of power.
A D1 with methanol injection should be able to push 700 on pump gas, although an F1R will do it easier. I like the higher step up ratio in the F1R too.
You'll definately want an 8 rib setup at the 700 level. Everything else is just about the same between the two kits.
I may have a used F1R setup coming off shortly.
Give me a call when you get a chance and we'll figure out just what you need.

EDIT: We no longer use Procharger head units. We would recommend the T Trim or possibly YSI for this application.

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 02-02-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:18 AM
jjjflex
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy, I'm ready to order your procharger kit for my 02 A4. You said I need to upgrade to fuel system - is that just a Kennebell boostapump or do I need a racetronix kit or both? Can I send you the cpu and have you tune it or do I have to go get a full dyno tune$$? How long for del. if we order today? Thanks
Old 04-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette

jjjflex:
I have the Lingenfelter pumps in stock for $249. That will work just fine for you.
Send me the PCM and I'll flash it with a safe tune for $100. You may want to take it to a dyno tuning facility later to have it optimized, though.
Lately we have been able to ship in less than a week. Unfortunately, I just ran out of mandrel bent tubing. I hope to have some in the next day or two but I still have to cut it, bead roll the ends and then send it out for powdercoating. That could take over a week.
Procharger is also behind on production of head units. I have 12 on order. Hopefully that won't hang us up any further.
Sorry, I wish I had better news for you.
Thanks, Andy

EDIT: We no longer use Procharger head units. We have Vortech units in stock at all times.

Last edited by Andy@A&ACorvette; 02-02-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread