Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Die Hard NXT user Tried Zaino Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 06:24 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Die Hard NXT user Tried Zaino Today

.....and I was very impressed. It is in fact, all that they say it is.

I am a die hard NXT user. I have used it since it came out, both the tech wax and the spray wax. My results were very good with it aside from some periodic streaking and less than optimum durability, it has been a detailing mainstay for me. Nothing I have ever tried off the shelf of the local stores gives the result of NXT.

The Vette has been in the garage for the last several weeks with a coat of NXT topped with #26 high tech yellow on it. The wife's black Jag was a mess with caked on salt and slush.
It too had a coat of NXT topped with #26 high tech yellow.

Got a warm day today, so I got the dawn and washed the Vette with no intentions of doing the Jag as there is still snow and slush on the ground and it is a daily driver. I figured I'd let it ride for now.

Went back in the house and measured out 1 oz of Z5 and went to add the ZFX and wouldn't you know, too many drops, about twice as many as called for, so added another ounce of Z5 and resigned myself to doing the wife's car too

Next time, I'll add the Z5 or Z2 pro to the ZFX as opposed to the other way around.

Neither car needed claying. The Jag has 1800 miles on it.

After getting the old stuff off both cars, I went to work with the Z5 and was thouroughly impressed. Took off the Z5 after it dried with a microfiber towel dampened with a little Z6. Came behind that with a dry microfiber towel to buff. The results were unbelievable. I could have stopped right there.

But I had the new Z2 Pro. Went over both cars with a light mist of Z6 and the microfiber towel again for good measure. Mixed up a 2 oz batch of the Z2 pro and went back to work.

After buffing, the results were nothing short of astounding. This stuff really brought out the "metallic" in my Electron Blue Metallic C5. The cars were both as smooth as a baby's azs. I hit areas of both cars again with the Z2 pro I had left over. As for the Jag, well lets say that I have never seen a black car shine like this before. The Z5 did a great job of hiding the dealer installed swirls.

When they talk about optical clarity, etc, the Zaino really seals the deal.

Not the slightest hint of streaking which can and does happen with the NXT.

I have no pics because it was near dark when I finished up and put both cars away, and hooked the Battery tender plus back to the C5.

The results are better than the ones I got with NXT. All this and durability too?????

And you guys say that my cars are going to look like this for several weeks?????? Even with washing???? I believe it. I am still trying to wash the remaining Z2 Pro, which apparently is not water soluble, from out of the bottle.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 01-30-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:28 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Welcome to the religion known as Zaino.

EG
Old 01-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,216 Likes on 3,459 Posts

Too many steps "polishing" and not enough driving... for me! I'll stick with NXT.

Glad you are pleased, though. All the best.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:38 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Thats just it. Because you have to reapply NXT damn near every time you wash the car, it pretty much balances out.

The steps are what deterred me too, but actually it was easy and about what I do when I go NXT and top with #26 high tech yellow or Gold Class. I did this in about 40* weather. And the Zaino dried right up as verified by the finger test.

I also like the fact that the Zaino can be layered. I intend to add another coat to the Vette at next opportunity. Actually the hood has 2 coats as I had a bit left over after doing both cars, so I did the hoods of both cars again.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 01-30-2005 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:43 PM
c5BlackBeauty
Corvette C5 Enthusiast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '12-'13, '15-'16, '21

Excellent
Old 01-30-2005, 06:47 PM
DsC5
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EB20003
I am still trying to wash the remaining Z2 Pro, which apparently is not water soluble, from out of the bottle.
try some rubbing alcohol
Old 01-30-2005, 06:54 PM
C5 RACNG
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Avanti
Too many steps "polishing" and not enough driving... for me! I'll stick with NXT.

Z2, ZFX, Z5, mixing? sure it's going to be dark when you finish
Old 01-30-2005, 07:01 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DsC5
try some rubbing alcohol
Yep. Worked like a charm.

So thats part of the secret to it's durability. It is not water soluble and very resistant to soaps, as soap and water did absolutely nothing to clean that bottle out.

True. And I did 2 cars. Don't forget the Z6 too. Next coat I'll just need the activated Z2 pro which takes literally minutes to mix, after a "quick detail" of Z6.

The mixing takes minutes and can be done before you start washing the car.

My NXT steps went like this: 1. Wash the car. 2. Dry it. 3. Apply the NXT. 4. Buff it. 5. Apply the #26 High tech yellow or Gold Class. 6. Buff it.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 01-30-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:01 PM
mjmc1273
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the 'Deep Clarity' side my son........
Old 01-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Poptops
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Avanti

Old 01-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

To many steps?? I think not!!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=975106
Old 01-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome to the world of Zaino used it on my Torch Red C5 and now on my B lack C6
Old 01-30-2005, 08:45 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you are pleased with Zaino. It's a great product.

Avanti - one coat of Zaino takes the same amount of time as one coat of NXT. Multiple coats is the users decision.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:59 AM
Kevin V
Pro

Just how tough is it to put 4 drops of ZFX in with the polish. I mean all of 2 seconds, now that is alot of work and time consuming.

The rubbing alcohol works great at cleaning the bottles out.

The Zaino won't wash off, the Z-7 wash actually helps maintain the finish.

Welcome to Zainoland!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 08:55 AM
C5corvetteman
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C5 RACNG

what is the problem....you take longer taking a **** then you would mix up the ZFX with Z2 and Z5.....you do not even have to mix the ZFX every time you wax your vehicle...gezzzzz.....
Old 01-31-2005, 08:57 AM
C5corvetteman
Safety Car

.....and I was very impressed. It is in fact, all that they say it is.

I am a die hard NXT user. I have used it since it came out, both the tech wax and the spray wax. My results were very good with it aside from some periodic streaking and less than optimum durability, it has been a detailing mainstay for me. Nothing I have ever tried off the shelf of the local stores gives the result of NXT.

The Vette has been in the garage for the last several weeks with a coat of NXT topped with #26 high tech yellow on it. The wife's black Jag was a mess with caked on salt and slush.
It too had a coat of NXT topped with #26 high tech yellow.

Got a warm day today, so I got the dawn and washed the Vette with no intentions of doing the Jag as there is still snow and slush on the ground and it is a daily driver. I figured I'd let it ride for now.

Went back in the house and measured out 1 oz of Z5 and went to add the ZFX and wouldn't you know, too many drops, about twice as many as called for, so added another ounce of Z5 and resigned myself to doing the wife's car too

Next time, I'll add the Z5 or Z2 pro to the ZFX as opposed to the other way around.

Neither car needed claying. The Jag has 1800 miles on it.

After getting the old stuff off both cars, I went to work with the Z5 and was thouroughly impressed. Took off the Z5 after it dried with a microfiber towel dampened with a little Z6. Came behind that with a dry microfiber towel to buff. The results were unbelievable. I could have stopped right there.

But I had the new Z2 Pro. Went over both cars with a light mist of Z6 and the microfiber towel again for good measure. Mixed up a 2 oz batch of the Z2 pro and went back to work.

After buffing, the results were nothing short of astounding. This stuff really brought out the "metallic" in my Electron Blue Metallic C5. The cars were both as smooth as a baby's azs. I hit areas of both cars again with the Z2 pro I had left over. As for the Jag, well lets say that I have never seen a black car shine like this before. The Z5 did a great job of hiding the dealer installed swirls.

When they talk about optical clarity, etc, the Zaino really seals the deal.

Not the slightest hint of streaking which can and does happen with the NXT.

I have no pics because it was near dark when I finished up and put both cars away, and hooked the Battery tender plus back to the C5.

The results are better than the ones I got with NXT. All this and durability too?????

And you guys say that my cars are going to look like this for several weeks?????? Even with washing???? I believe it. I am still trying to wash the remaining Z2 Pro, which apparently is not water soluble, from out of the bottle.

Good statement, but instead of using 1 oz,,,go with 1/2 oz of Z5 and or Z2 with 2 drops of ZFX....If you drop 3 drops in that will be ok. I have too at times accidently dropped 3 drops and had not effect on the drying times....Keep in mind, thinner application the better the results. I can do my vette with this amount and still have some left in the tub.

Last edited by C5corvetteman; 01-31-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:44 PM
BIGMAC
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 136 Posts

EB20003,

Welcome to the Zaino club. I have tried them all and there is none better.

Get notified of new replies

To Die Hard NXT user Tried Zaino Today

Old 02-05-2005, 11:45 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Thanks Bigmac. Indeed, seeing it on your car the last time I saw you at the track actually finally convinced me to use it. I had seen your car up close on 3 different occasions. I was amazed at what it had done for your torch red.

I am very happy with it. No streaks and very easy to use.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 02-05-2005 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:35 AM
gpotski
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by EnglandGreen
Welcome to the religion known as Zaino.

EG

Old 02-06-2005, 12:38 AM
gpotski
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

Thats just it. Because you have to reapply NXT damn near every time you wash the car, it pretty much balances out.

Like alot of Zaino users, I always want to put another coat of Zaino on after each washing...though I stop myself at the Z-6. I must have put 5-6 coats of Zaino on my car in the first 3 months of ownership!

Quick Reply: Die Hard NXT user Tried Zaino Today